Baby Showers
Options

first bs in a while.. had to share

Yesterday I attended my first baby shower in a long time. First we played about 8 games...they just kept coming. I dont mind them, but I could see people getting frustrated. The host was just a little over the top. It was a tea so we just had some finger foods. The mtb opened gifts but the room really couldn't hold the number of people so I didn't get to see a lot of the gifts. When the gifts were finished the host passed out envelopes so we could address them...I kind of didnt want to just to see if I got a thank you.

I heard some people saying that the first gift opened superstition says thats the next one to get pregnant. I have never heard that before. If its true...awesome it was my gift...after my mc in august I was actually excited to hear that even though I dont really believe in that sort of thing.
imageimageimage
Funny Anniversary Ecard: I love being married to my best friend. I can tell him anything because half the time he doesn't hear me.
TTC Sine June 2013
BFP #1 August 6, 2013  MC August 10, 2013
Started temping January 2014

Re: first bs in a while.. had to share

• Options
    I went to a wedding shower once that had around 8 games. It was over an hour of games.  It was annoying and took so long, I had to leave before the gift opening.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    Well there is one superstition I hope is true, for you.

You have a lot of patience to sit through all that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yikes! 8 games and while hungry and cramped in a small space. You deserve some sort of medal for sticking that out. I'm with the others, here's hoping that owt is true for you.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Options
    I just had to laugh every time a new game started. I wish hosts would spend more time on here than on pinterest.
    imageimageimage
    Funny Anniversary Ecard: I love being married to my best friend. I can tell him anything because half the time he doesn't hear me.
    TTC Sine June 2013
    BFP #1 August 6, 2013  MC August 10, 2013
    Started temping January 2014
  • Options
    I would literally blow my own head off if I had to play 8 games at a shower. Epic failure! :-(
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    I know I'm in the minority in liking games but 8 is way too many. I do hope that the superstition is true though and you get your rainbow!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Wait. They had you address your own thank you envelopes? When did this start? Wouldn't they already have your address from sending you the invite. Why can't they just address the envelopes themselves? Jeez I can't keep up with these new things.
  • Options
    My hillbilly side of the family always does this with the envelopes, for both wedding and baby showers. I find it rude as well, but I go along with it.
    March Siggy Challenge .. What I miss the most during pregnancy

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wait. They had you address your own thank you envelopes? When did this start? Wouldn't they already have your address from sending you the invite. Why can't they just address the envelopes themselves? Jeez I can't keep up with these new things.

That's because you're not Klassy.

• Options
    The last shower I was at the MIL hosted and there was easily an hour worth of games.

She was loud, and obnoxious, and it took MTB a good 45 minutes to get through the crapton of clothes she bought as one of her gifts and she HAD to look at every booty and sock and bib. Shoot me. In the face. Right now. Maybe it was the hormones, but if my MIL acts like that at my shower, I might have to punch her in the face.
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"