New Jersey Babies
Options

Moms in Dunellen Area

My husband and I are looking at homes in Dunellen.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or info about the area?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Moms in Dunellen Area

• Options

We just moved to Middlesex - the next town over and will be looking in the same area for a home.  with a baby on the way, we will need to consider the school system and found this to be helpful https://www.nj.com/inside-jersey/index.ssf/2013/08/new_jerseys_top_performing_public_high_schools.html

the good thing is that dunellen has a train station in town and is close to a lot of major highways. 

good luck

• Options
    My husband and I bought a house in Dunellen about a year ago. He actually grew up there. Its about a 15 min commute for me to work. Like any town, there is a good side and and a bad side. The areas right off Washington Ave are considered the "good" side of town. And very close to the high school. Although, its not like the bad side is that bad--not like there are a lot of crimes or anything like that. If you drive through the town though, you will see the difference. I live on 4th street, which I think is a beautiful block--not being biased :) All the houses over there are so beautiful and nicely maintained. Tree lined streets. There is a cute little park on Washington Ave that hosts all sorts of town events--plays, art shows, Harvest Fests. My husband and I haven't actually met anyone around our age in town yet, we figured that it will be easier when our kids are in school. 
    Also, one of my good friends is a teacher in the high school and I've gone there several times to see the plays they put on. 

I've gone on long enough! LOL Long story short, I think its a very nice little family town :) If you have any other questions, let me know! And good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"