Food Allergy

Sibling without food allergies?

I looked back about 10 pages and didn't see this question, but I apologize if it gets asked a lot. For those of you with multiple children, do you have both allergic and non-allergic children or do they all have similar food issues? My 19 m/o DD has a dairy allergy and I'm wondering if our baby who is due in May will as well. Would you be cautious in introducing foods your other child is allergic to? Thanks in advance for any perspectives!
BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sibling without food allergies?

• We don't have one quite yet either, but our pedi said often the sibiling will have the same or similar food allergies that the first one has, so we will be cautious and I will be monitoring very closely when introducing food and formula to baby two.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have twins.... ds is allergic to dairy and peanut and dd has no allergies. 

TTC since September 2009.

IVF #2: +HPT 2/6/12! ~ Boy/Girl Twins!!

• Loading the player...
  • I have twins and DS is allergic to peanuts (and had FPIES to soy), and DD is allergic (FPIES) to milk protein.
    imageimage
  • My older DD is allergic to peanuts/tree nuts, and so far my younger DD has shown no signs of food allergies. We're going to test her when she turns 3. She doesn't have the sensitive skin or eczema problems that my older DD has, so my gut tells me that DD2 isn't allergic.
  • DD had a dairy allergy. DS so far has dairy, oats, strawberry, pineapple. :-(
    imageimage
  • My DD2 has peanut and tree nut allergies but DD1 and DD3 have none. DS is only 1 month so we don't know. Siblings have a higher chance of having them but there is no guarantee.
  • Thank you so much for the responses. I think we will hope for the best but use caution.
    BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
    BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
    BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

• DS1 has peanut and tree nut allergies. He was egg allergic but grew out of it. DS2 had an allergy to milk and grapes. Hes outgrow the milk but the grapes are still an issue. Im hesitant to say ds2 is not peanut or tree nit allergic because he's not exposed. He's been exposed twice.
  • Dd has no allergies, DS is allergic to dairy. She is older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS doesn't have any allergies(but does have sensitive skin-getting better as he gets older) and DD has tested allergic to eggs, peanuts, wheat, dairy, soy, sesame seeds, dogs and cats (eggs and peanuts are the bad ones-the others she can tolerate). Her eczema was really bad before we knew about her allergies. Once we cut eggs out of her diet (waffles, etc) and stopped using lotions with tree nuts in the ingredients, her skin completely cleared up. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is 4, no allergies. DD is 15 months, she's allergic to peanuts (but not tree nuts or anything else). It's very possible to have an allergy free sibling.
  • I'm praying DS is allergy free, but I wont be surprised.  We'll be skipping rice cereal completely and doing skin tests on top 8 foods and a few others before feeding by mouth.

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Dd has environmental allergies and is classified as allergic to amoxicillin due to a reaction as an infant, ds1 tested allergic to fish & shellfish and can only tolerate small quantities of plain dairy products (he can eat a larger serving if other items are mixed in, i.e. chocolate) , ds2 has reacted to milk, apple/pears, and possibly soy. 

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"