October 2013 Moms

Overdue mom check in

tmccord21tmccord21 member
edited October 2013 in October 2013 Moms
Hey Ladies! We've officially made it past the 1st week of October. Let's do a little check in of last weeks due date moms that still have their nugget brewing. (If I listed you below and you do have an outside squishy please update the "Outside Babies" post (<--clicky!) with the deets.)  

1- Are you over it or holding on strong?
2- Have you tried to "naturally" induce things? ie- pineapple, sex, spicy foods
3- Any progress or are you sealed up like a vault?
4- What's the plan?

Due 9/24

Due 9/27

Due 9/30
@violet1372 (had nugget on 10/2!)

Due 10/1
@breadandbutter07 (had nugget on 10/2!)
@comeongetdown (had nugget on 10/9)

Due Oct 2nd

Due Oct 3rd
@blathnat (had nugget on 10/9)
@jkuns7ty (had nugget on 10/2)

Due 10/4
@yesthisiskim0401 (had nugget on 10/9)

Due 10/5
@katiemmueller (had nugget on 10/8)

Due 10/6

Due 10/7

Re: Overdue mom check in

• 1- Are you over it or holding on strong?

I'm getting edgy.  My DS came at 40weeks 3 days, so I really thought I'd have an outside baby by this point.  I'm also getting anxious about work... since I have deadlines in Nov, I'm getting nervous that I didn't clear myself enough time.

Had sex, ate Indian (but I love spicy food and eat it all the time anyway),  been listening to the Hypnobabies "Come Out Now" cd, taking walks with my son.  I'm getting tempted to pull out the breast pump- but will wait until after my midwife appointment this afternoon.

I don't know.  My midwives don't do routine cervical checks.

4- What's the plan?

Last week they said we'd scheduled a BPP if I hadn't delivered by this week, then based on the results take it from there.  I'm going to keep having sex and walking.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • I also like this thread! (And it's comforting to know I'm not the only 10/3 momma with no baby!)

Somewhere in the middle. I'm fine when contractions ease up a bit. I'm over all the pressure-filled check-ins. (e.g., "Well....?" "Sooooo....?" "You're really still pregnant?")

Tried spicy food, sex, walking, bouncing on the exercise ball. We should probably try sex again.

I've had 3 internals by 3 different doctors so I haven't had a consistent answer. But I think I've lost my mucus plug and there is at least a tiny bit of dilation.

4- What's the plan?

I have a feeling it'll happen tonight. (My water broke the night of 40w5d with DD - also this guy I know who can weirdly predict things like this said it'll happen Tuesday, yes I'm grasping at straws.) If not, I might just go with the induction on Friday. Not sure yet.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope my 10/7 baby is still cooking. Tried sex and spicy food and walking. No go he's mighty comfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • sorry @twinkie5086 you weren't on the spread sheet. What team are you (pink, blue, green) and do you have a name for LO?
  • I was due 10/1, so a week late today :(

Holding strong!  I had a failed induction last week and got sent home pregnant.  I don't want to do that again.

Tried it all (except castor oil) no luck, but it give us something to do while waiting for LO.

2cm 50%, but I have been here a week

4- What's the plan?
    Waiting for 42 weeks then will try the induction again.

Crossing my fingers that LO will be here soon :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like this check-in!

1. Holding strong at 40w5d, but getting really nervous about having to be induced and about the birthing process itself.

2. I've been eating spicy food, walking and started drinking raspberry leaf tea and ... nada. We haven't tried sex yet. Ugh.

3. Sealed up like a vault! At least as of last Thursday. I'll go back tomorrow for another check. I've had some Braxton Hicks, but no other signs of progress.

4. If there's still no progress at my appt tmrw, I'll be admitted to the hospital tomorrow night for Cervidil overnight, and induction starting on 10/10. If I have made any progress, I'll just go in for induction on the 10th. I'm pretty resigned to the fact I'll be induced.

Not to hijack thread, but I have a question for those who have inductions scheduled, especially with Cervidil (@comeonegetdown). If you are being admitted the night before your induction for Cervidil, will your SO spend the first night at the hospital with you? My DH thinks that he should stay at home and get a good night's sleep. I agree to some extent, but I also want him there with me! I know it's possible that Cervidil alone can start labor, but he'd be about 15 mins away and could get to the hospital if I called. WWYD?

Good luck to everyone!
    TTC since August 2011
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    IUI #1: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 11/3/12 - BFN
    IUI #2: Clomid 50mg + Ovidrel + IUI: 12/5/12 - BFN
    IUI #3: Clomid 100mg (CD 3-7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 9 & 11) + Ovidrel (CD 13) + IUI: 1/10/13 - BFP! EDD 10/3/13
    **P/SAIF welcome!**
  • I'm not over it but getting anxious. I really wanted to go into labor on my own this time and it's looking like an induction again. Boo!!!!

I'm actually sitting here hooked up to a NST right now. I'll get my induction date today as well, looking like Monday.

I'm sealed like a vault too. I'm too good of a host, my children don't want to leave me! Lol!
  • tmccord21 said:

sorry @twinkie5086 you weren't on the spread sheet. What team are you (pink, blue, green) and do you have a name for LO?

Team blue. Name is either going to be Broderick Andrew or Victor Andrew. Wont choose until he's born.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I never filled out the spreadsheet but I was due 10/5, team blue.

1. Over it. My dd was induced at 42 weeks but I'm really hoping to not have to go that long this time.

2. Lots of walking but that's about it. H is recovering from a nasty stomach bug so I won't touch him with a 10ft pole right now.

3. Don't know where I'm at , appt is tomorrow. Was 1.5cm last week but no contractions so not sure if there's been progress.

4. Maybe induction on Friday but it's a long weekend here (Cdn Thanksgiving) so if it doesn't work out I may have to wait til next Tuesday at the earliest (41+3 I think).
    SQUIRREL!!!

• @margaretC5 Need your info for the spreadsheet. What team (pink, blue, or green) and do you have a name for LO?
  • tmccord21 said:
    @margaretC5 Need your info for the spreadsheet. What team (pink, blue, or green) and do you have a name for LO?
    @tmccord21 Sorry I thought I was already on the spreadsheet.  I am 32, from Central Massachusetts, team Blue, George Joseph, and a FTM.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1- Are you over it or holding on strong?
    Half and half; I'm holding strong, but I'm really ready to hold my squishy!

Waking, spicy foods, bumpy roads, and sex.....nothing has helped :-(

As of this morning, I'm 1cm, 60% effaced

4- What's the plan?
    If LO doesn't come on his own this week, I will check in at the hospital Sunday night to start the induction process. Hopefully, he'll decide to come on his own!
  • @tmmcord21 Can I be added to the spreadsheet?

Team Pink, October 18th, Francesca Pearl.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • @tmmcord21 Can I be added to the spreadsheet as well please??
    Team Pink, was due 10/4, name will be either Lynden or Kendall. FTM

I haven't added much through this, but this thread is just what I need right now!

I am over it- I just want to meet her!  We had 4 miscarriages before this, and three years of trying, so I am just ready to hold her and love her up!  You would think all the losses before this would have made me patient, but no such luck!
    And I am SOOO sick of text messages and phone calls asking if there are any changes. No there aren't any changes, you would know!!!!! Stop bugging me people, honestly!!!

walking, tea, some birthing ball, and I finally convinced DH to have sex last night....nothing so far :( Also have got my massage therapist to focus on pressure points, with no luck

Was all sealed up last Thursday, and next appointment is Thursday.  Some BH, nothing else physical to indicate things are moving along! Tried a membrane sweep last week, but it was so closed up, all they could do was massage the cervix a bit...blah

4- What's the plan? 
    We will talk induction on Thursday...through this whole process I was anti-induction unless absolutely necessary, but now I am singing another tune....funny how things change once that due date passes!!!

• 1. I'm starting to be over it but still doing ok so far.
    2. We had sex over the weekend but nothing happened. I've not really tried anything else but going for walks and I always eat spicy foods, so I don't think that counts.
    3. I don't get cervical checks so that way I'm not disappointed. I did have some strong contractions this morning but they stopped. Hopefully, that means things are progressing!
    4. No plan but to wait for the baby. I won't have an induction unless there is a specific and valid medical reason. I'm planning a home birth so an induction is the last thing I want!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wasn't listed, but I was due October 5 and still no outside baby. Things are progressing though, so hopefully soon!

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

• Love hearing how everyone is doing! We are not alone! Due 10/7 1. Doing ok until I get that text/ call- so your still pregnant?! No I had my baby and decided to tell no one! Just want to see my baby! 2. Walking a bunch. Also making raspberry leaf tea by the gallon. Spicy food too- had jalapeño and pepperoni pizza- just gave me diarrhea. Need to try sex. 3. At my check last week I was 80% effaced and at 1cm. The only contractions were during the broncos game- just from the stress! 4. I have an appt. Thursday- might be induced if MD says my cervix is ripe enough! Wanted to go on my own but I want to see her already! Good luck to you ladies!!
  • I was due 9/30...1.5 weeks overdue!

Holding strong!  Though, having lots of joint pain today.

Tried it all (except castor oil) with no luck. This little guy is totally on his own schedule.

Almost 2cm and 75% effaced, but have been there for a while

4- What's the plan?
    Induction scheduled for tomorrow morning...we shall see if it actually works!! Eek!!
  • Due 10/4 but now I'm eager to get this show on the road.

I've tried sex, bouncing on the exercise ball, walking, and nipple stimulation at my doctor's suggestion...all to no avail.

I'm still at 1cm, but 90% effaced. Hoping I see more progress at my check this evening.

At this point, the plan is hurry up and wait. Doctor won't consider induction until 2 weeks past unless medically necessary.

Come, baby, come!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"