Intro and Question from "Your Best Birth" — The Bump
VBAC

Intro and Question from "Your Best Birth"

Hello everyone!  I had a C-Section with my DD almost two years ago for failure to progress.  In retrospect, I think this was likely an avoidable situation.  I have been hoping for my VBAC and lurking here ever since.  We recently found out that we are pregnant with #2, so here I am!

I feel like I have to go into this making very informed decisions every step of the way, so I have started gathering as much information as I can.  I am currently reading "Your Best Birth".  In the forward it says that OB's in Oklahoma are not covered by malpractice insurance if they perform a VBAC, so many hospitals will not allow it.  I recently moved to Oklahoma. I plan to use a midwife, but this situation in general worries me that I will be pressured into a RCS. Does anyone know if this malpractice information is true?  It looks like the book has a copyright date of 2009.  Hopefully this is out of date information.

imageimageimageimage
BabyFruit Ticker
DD Born 11.27.2011
BFP 9.19.2013 - EDD 6.1.2014 - MMC @ 8 weeks 3 days

Re: Intro and Question from "Your Best Birth"

• Your best bet is to contact your local ICAN group - they can be found on the national website. Congrats on your pg, and good luck!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Thanks. I dug around the website and links a little more. It doesn't look like it is a rule that is set in stone, but it is pretty common. I've even read about one of the midwife groups that does a large portion of the VBACs where I live having the "back-up" Dr come in and try to force a RCS. It's looking like my best bet might be a home birth. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that. None of these decisions come easily!

imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD Born 11.27.2011
    BFP 9.19.2013 - EDD 6.1.2014 - MMC @ 8 weeks 3 days

• I think CMS in Norman has a pretty good back up doctor with a good reputation. OU med & St.ants will allow vbac..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards