April 2014 Moms
Options

Months vs Weeks

How do you ladies calculate your pregnancy?

I usually tell people I am x number of weeks.. 

But my MIL prefers I tell her the month. I just googled it and there are a few different opinions out there so wanted to know what you think! 

According to some sites, 15 weeks is 3 months but to others it is 4.. 

I am just a little confused I guess! 
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Months vs Weeks

• Options
    I go by weeks too

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I count weeks. Any recent mom will know what that means. Non-moms usually process in months, so I'll answer depending in the asker. I don't translate my # of weeks into months though, I start from my LMP which was 6/29, so at this point I'm 14w, or 3 months and change. I'll be 4 months on 10/29, I'll be 15w on Saturday.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weeks, but I clarify that I'm due early April if they look clueless. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Depends on the audience.  My kids ask all the time, I tell them in months.  Roughly. I'm 15 weeks tomorrow so right now I say almost four months.  Otherwise it's usually weeks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I go by the weeks durring pregancy and after the baby is born I go by months.
    I can't stand when people say there baby is 25 weeks old or something like that.
  • Options
    The reason why people go by weeks is mostly because of baby's development...in just one month so much change can happen, so 3 months could be 9 weeks or 13 weeks...its kinda like generically saying "im in high school" versus specifying 9th grade or 12th grade (im not in h.s. this is an example)

However for people who arent used to baby terms or whatever,  id say "14 weeks or 4 months give or take"

I never understood it before with the week thing but now I do. :) 
  • Options

kwolslager That pic definitely helps! I had seen a few as well in my google search but some of the info I found online was contradictory - what else is new lol 

Thanks for all your input! 
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

i go by weeks!

• Options
    For myself & DH it's weeks but I tell other people in months to simplify it for them. All they really care about is when (what month) the baby's coming.
  • Options
    I go by weeks. I can see how for someone that has never been pregnant they would not understand what i am talking about and just would like to know months.
  • Options
    I use weeks but always know the months too. I am almost 13 weeks so I tell everyone that I am in the end of my 3rd month beginning of my 4th.. A lot of the older generation measured pregnancy by months. I had to explain the week thing to my GMIL. She keeps a chart on her fridge now with the weeks, and what happens during them. She crosses each week of every Wednesday.
    BFP #1 5/19/13. EDD 01/20/14. Said goodbye to our Angel baby 6/10/13
    BFP #2 Aug 6th. Hoping to meet our Rainbow baby on or around 4/16/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I use weeks but always know the months too. I am almost 13 weeks so I tell everyone that I am in the end of my 3rd month beginning of my 4th.. A lot of the older generation measured pregnancy by months. I had to explain the week thing to my GMIL. She keeps a chart on her fridge now with the weeks, and what happens during them. She crosses each week of every Wednesday.
       ^That's adorable!!

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    Pretty much everyone goes by weeks because it's way more accurate.  A month can range from 3.5 weeks to 4.5 weeks so it's really not the best measurement system. 

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"