January 2014 Moms

Asos maternity dresses?

I know there has been a lot of talk about Asos maternity dresses for showers/formal events but has anyone actually ordered any?  If you click on the dresses, all the models are 5'8" to 5'9" and rail thin so I have no idea how these dresses will look on regular people who aren't models.

A lot of the dresses hit the tall models right at the knee so I'm concerned they are going to be a weird/awkward length for someone who's 5'3".

I like that some of their dresses aren't just mumu looking (their body conscious fit).  A lot of dresses that just hang over your bump and don't taper back in make you look like a house, I find.  But at the same time I don't want to look like a stuffed sausage in something that clings to every inch of me.

I don't want to spend $100+ on a dress I am literally going to wear once to a wedding so I'm hoping one of these Asos dresses will work out.

If you have ordered any, do you like the fit?  How is the sizing?  What dress did you buy?  Are you shorter than the average model?
Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

Re: Asos maternity dresses?

• https://us.asos.com/ASOS-Maternity-Sleeveless-Body-Conscious-Dress-In-Print/10lns0/?iid=2985239&cid=5813&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=204&sort=3&clr=Print&mporgp=L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5L0FTT1MtTWF0ZXJuaXR5LVNsZWV2ZWxlc3MtQm9keWNvbi1EcmVzcy1Jbi1QcmludC9Qcm9kLw..

I am 5'0 and prepregnancy 108 lbs. First I ordered a 6 and 8 and ended up returning both because they were huge. I ordered 2 sizes up because I read somewhere that they run small. Second order I got a size 4 and it fits perfect. I was a size 2 prepregnancy. But with how much weight I have gained and how big my boobs have gotten I thought a 4 would be better. I love it. It is super comfy and stretchy. It comes right to the bottom of my knee.

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ordered 2 dresses and 2 tank tops on September 30th and am waiting anxiously for their arrival!  I am 5'2 and pre-pregnancy 127lbs, size 4/6.  I ordered size 6's to be safe.  I'll post here again when the stuff arrives, I would think any day now! 

The dresses I ordered:
    ASOS Maternity Lace Skater Dress with Belt
    New Look Maternity Heart Waisted Dress 

Neither are the body conscious fit, I remember looking at a few and thinking either they weren't the right color or I knew I wouldn't like certain spots on me.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I was nervous to order something that I couldn't try on.  So, I went to Motherhood Maternity yesterday and tried on about 5 dresses.  I found one for $35 and I am really excited to wear it!  
  • I have always bought heaps on asos, loved 80% of it. Never paid $100 though, more like $20-$60.

Order your size, especially in maternity. Do not go up a size!
  • I've literally been looking at the Asos maternity dresses all day, trying to pick one for a wedding I have later this month, and one for my shower!  It looks like they have free returns, so if something doesn't fit or look right, I'm sure you can just send it back.  I was going to order a 4, which is what I typically wear when not pregnant.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• I've ordered off Asos - got new look navy wrap dress and said black body con dress- size 14 same as I was pre pregnancy- love both of them so comfy and had compliments wearing both! Recommend!
  • I also ordered the maternity lace skater dress with belt and I LOVE it! I'm just under 5'2, 4 prepregnancy, 6 now and I ordered the dress in a 6. I ordered one of the tighter fit dresses in a 4 because 6 was out and it was horribly tight. If I had an occasion, I would definitely look at buying more of their dresses.
  • I also ordered the maternity lace skater dress with belt and I LOVE it! I'm just under 5'2, 4 prepregnancy, 6 now and I ordered the dress in a 6. I ordered one of the tighter fit dresses in a 4 because 6 was out and it was horribly tight. If I had an occasion, I would definitely look at buying more of their dresses.
    Did you receive the skater dress and try it on?!?! 

At 5'2 The lace skater dress goes down at least to mid calf, probably slightly longer.  It's the craziest length I've ever seen, nothing like the short dress online.  I looked like a frumpy nun in it.  The belt has two sides, one black and one tan, they were already separating and would have required glue or something to keep them together. 

The heart dress I may hold on to but it won't fit until I am MUCH MUCH bigger so I'm not sure if it's worth even keeping.  Right now it's perfect length in the back and SUPER long in the front. If I hold it out to what my belly may look like eventually it seems as though it could work.  Again, not sure if it's worth the wait.  

The two tank tops are so baggy at the space between my belly and boobs.  Again, this may be because I have growing to do, however, I have a few other maternity pieces that I can wear perfectly find now.  Probably won't be ordering from here again. :(
  • I'm short and curvy (prepregnancy 5'3, 129 lbs, 34E) and haven't gained too much. I ordered several dresses and most were terrible. I did keep a lace body con dress that I wore for my brother's wedding, but I found the Target and Motherhood dresses fit me much, much better.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"