December 2011 Moms

Halloween costume?

Alright, what are you dressing your LO up as for Halloween this year? My DD was a ladybug last year and I'm stumped for this year.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Halloween costume?

• DS is going as a scarecrow.  I made a costume similar to this...

DIY Toddler Scarecrow Costume With RIT Dye - Happiness is Homemade

• I bought this Lion costume from Old Navy. My DS doesn't talk much, but he loves to "roar" like a lion when we read "Polar Bear, Polar Bear What do You Hear" so I thought it was appropriate.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm also stumped for DS - I was thinking of making him a Minion but not sure yet, I haven't seen a costume that really jumps out and says "YEP!  This is it!"...  Last year he was a very fitting "Humpty Dumpty"... 

With DD I'm hoping to FINALLY finish her Rapunzel costume (last year I got it cut out!)...  The bummer though is that her new school doesn't dress up or do anything for Halloween because of "fear of offending some people's beliefs"...  Yea, wasn't too happy to hear about this one because 3rd grade is still in the "Magic" years...  But, will likely take her touring with DS instead of doing the around the neighborhood thing...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was a monkey last year and will be an astronaut this year. I wanted to do a family theme, but couldn't think of anything, what with pregnancy brain and all.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I haven't came up with anything yet, but ds1 insists he and ds2 (who don't care at all) want to be ghosts. Really original, I know! Lol. And I have no idea where he got that idea from, except that he watches scooby doo occasionally, so I'm guessing he's thinking of a really cool cartoon costume and I'm thinking of a sheet with eye holes. Hopefully we can come up with something soon! Otherwise I guess we will have two ghosts :s
  • My daughter looks a lot like Boo from Monster's Inc - big brown eyes and brown hair that's often in pig tails. Strangers have actually told us she looks like Boo. So, I want to do a Boo in a monster costume like in the movie. The problem is, I haven't been able to find a retail costume and I don't really have time to make one. So, we'll see. I may just end up picking something cute at a store.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• DD is going to be Boo (in the monster costume) from Monster's Inc.  We couldn't find a costume in stores, so MIL made it for her. 
    I should have read your reply before I responded. Did your MIL have a pattern? Did it take a lot of time?
  • I want to do a theme for the two kids.  Last year DD was Little Red Riding Hood and DS was the Big Bad Wolf.  It was really cute. 

I was thinking maybe Merida (DD loves her!) and a bear brother for DS - but not sure.  If not, maybe Snow White and a Dwarf? 

• Leap08 said:

DD is going to be Boo (in the monster costume) from Monster's Inc.  We couldn't find a costume in stores, so MIL made it for her. 
    I should have read your reply before I responded. Did your MIL have a pattern? Did it take a lot of time?
    She didn't have a pattern.  But I found these 2 "instructional guides" basically written by mom's who have made the costume.  

MIL read both and modified them a little to fit DD's size.  Like the first one we bought gray pants and a gray shirt to go under the costume, rather than try to sew a whole outfit to go under it (as they did in the 2nd one).

Once she got the supplies it took her about 2 weeks to make it.  But that was only working on it a couple hours at night after I pick up DD and while FIL is at work.  So I would imagine it could take a lot less time if you could devote more than a couple hours each day.
    Thanks! I wouldn't try to make the arms and legs either - I just need to figure out how to do the body and hood. I don't have a sewing machine, which complicates things, and I really don't have a lot of time to devote to it. Maybe I could hire someone to make it for me?
  • DS fits right in! He's going to be Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Last year he was a tiger. Apparently, everyone shops for halloween costumes during the first week of October, so by that weekend, I couldn't find much in his size. This year I plan to go earlier. I haven't really looked yet, but he's into Mickey Mouse (a lot!) and DH wants him to be a pirate. I want him to be the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz if I can find it again this year. Last year it only came in toddler sizes.
  • earychenerearychener member
    edited September 2013
    imageDS will be a train conductor this year.  He loves trains, and we bought him the overalls from OshKosh that are the striped pattern (is is seersucker? can't remember).

I found a conductors hat in that pattern that comes with a train whistle at Toys R Us.  He will wear a navy long sleeve shirt under the overalls, and a red bandana around his neck.

Easy Peasy!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Pumpkin last year... elephant this year! Actually that's if she fits in her costume... my mom bought it last year but she really hasnt grown so I guess I should make sure it fits. right lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• We settled in Minnie Mouse. $20 at Walmart. Done!
  • My son is crazy strong for his age and SUPER fast. He's also very blonde! Randomly his Uncle called him "Bam Bam" the other day and I was like "HA! That's it!!!" So we're going as the Rubble family.....I plan on making all our costumes. :-)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We decided finally! Alex will be Charlie Brown. I ordered a polo shirt and some socks that I am going to dye yellow and then I'll do the zig zag on the shirt with either felt or a black fabric marker. We already have black pants and brown shoes. 
    I needed something that doesn't cover his head (he hates that and wouldn't wear it), so I thought about Superman, too. But he's much more a Charlie Brown than a Superman. 
    ;))
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• "G" has told us in no uncertain terms that he wants to be fire fighter so I have started piecing together a costume, cause all the store bought ones seemed really junkie.  I got the coat, a used rain coat on ebay and we found boots that he needed for winter anyway that he loves and actually wont take off :).  Got the hat from the toy store and I'm still looking for the rest. 

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"