Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Plus-size Baby Carriers

Hi all,

My SO and I are both larger than average and have been looking into baby carriers. I love the idea of a sling, and am happy to make one so that it fits properly, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for carriers that they were able to fit comfortably? The only one I've tried is a moby wrap, which was fine, but I feel like it was such a struggle to put on and set up--is it really worth it?

Thanks!

Re: Plus-size Baby Carriers

• Options
    I'm an expecting FTM, so no first hand experience, but my DH and I are also larger, and we bought a Boba 3G based on recommendations that they are better than other soft carriers for larger people. We played around with it, and we both found it much more comfortable than the Ergo, which we had also tried out.
  • Options
    I haven't even heard of that one--thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a size 18/20 and I chose the Boba 3G because it has a longer waist length. There is still room to spare. I really like it and highly recommend it.
    https://www.amazon.com/BOBA-Classic-Baby-Carrier-3G/dp/B005U6ZFG8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1378433614&sr=8-2&keywords=boba+3g
  • Options
    I'm petite but DH is a 4x, so we needed something that would work for both of us. I did a lot of research and we decided on the ergo for a structured carrier since they sell waist extenders for it and it was recommended a lot on the bigger women pregnancy blogs. I'm also going to get a boba wrap. I don't see my husband as being the type to wear wraps, so that's mainly just for me.
  • Options
    I should say that DH's problem with the Ergo was that it wasn't very comfortable over his enormous shoulders. The waist was ok on it, but the Boba just fit better overall. We also like that it doesn't require an infant insert, so that's one less thing to buy.
  • Options
    Thanks, all!  Definitely going to look into them!
  • Options
    Ergo even has belt extenders if needed
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have a Beco Soleil . There was a discussion about this on Birth without fear on Facebook . My carrier does well with larger bodies . I'm not tiny and have bigger breasts and have plenty of slack on all my straps . Super super comfy carrier .
  • Options
    MrsNoleMrsNole member
    edited October 2013
    I recommend an Ergo. I am an 18/20 and did not need a belt extender but they do make one so that is good!  I also loved my Hotsling.  They come in sizes.  I believe I have a 5 or 6.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    Tula baby carrier or Kinderpack with plus straps are great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"