Baby Names
Options

Middle Name for Harper (Girl)

We are naming our baby Harper, but we cannot decide on a middle name. I've suggested Kennedy, McKinley, Avery, Juliana, and Emerson. I thought we had mutually agreed on Elizabeth, but now I don't really like it. Hubs likes Leslie, which I don't particularly care for. It's also his dad's and sister's first name and I don't like using family names. IMO, using one family members name will cause drama with others (e.g., why didn't you use mine). Do any of you have any suggestions? The last name is Lane, if that helps.

Me: 28  DH: 27
TTC since 2011
IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
Twins EDD: 10/13/2016

Re: Middle Name for Harper (Girl)

• Options
    I like Juliana. The thing with a unisex name like Harper is that the MN can kind of indicate which sex the person is. Two unisex names (like Harper Emerson) makes it difficult to tell. You might like: Catherine, Lillian, Violet, Rosalind, Juliet, Sophia, Isabel, Annabelle, Grace, Blythe...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Harper Kennedy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with Scarlett, I like it paired with a really feminine name to balance it out.  Mae, Grace, Anne, Lucille
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Abigail, Eleanor, Frances, Maren, Mia, Noelle, Therese, Vivian, Veronica
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. Use a very clearly feminine middle name. Of your list I like Elizabeth and Juliana, the others you listed are all too unisex-sounding. Suggestions: Violet, Rose, Anne, Victoria, Grace, Kate, etc.
    image image

• Options
    Harper Amelia Lane

Harper Victoria Lane

Harper Monica Lane

Harper Marie Lane

Harper Samantha Lane

• Options
    Another vote for giving it a feminine and somewhat classic and not too trendy if possible middle name. Harper Juliana is very nice! I also like:
    Harper Noelle
    Harper Michelle
    Harper Marie
    Harper Victoria
    Harper Alyssa
    Harper Caroline
    Harper Marissa
    Harper Sophia
  • Options

My first thought was Elizabeth.  I also like Juliana.

Sophia, Vivienne, Katherine, Caroline, Evelyn, Eleanor

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Please not another Harper Grace

• Options
    I like Juliana. The thing with a unisex name like Harper is that the MN can kind of indicate which sex the person is. Two unisex names (like Harper Emerson) makes it difficult to tell. You might like: Catherine, Lillian, Violet, Rosalind, Juliet, Sophia, Isabel, Annabelle, Grace, Blythe...
    I definitely agree with Scarlett. We used a name that is traditionally a boys name (thought it's pronounced like the Herb, NOT like the boys name) and we paired is with an obviously feminine middle name to make is more feminine. I like Harper Violet, but I am partial to violet because it's on the top of my list for baby #2. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I like Harper Jane

• Options
    Thanks, Ladies! I agree that we need to pair her first name with a feminine middle name. Thank you for all the suggestions. Hopefully, hubs and I can make a decision soon!

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    My first thought was Harper Louise.
  • Options
    I know a Harper Claire and I think it is adorable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only Harper I know IRL is a Harper Rose. 

With your LN being short, I think you need a longer MN personally. I also agree that a feminine MN works best. 

Harper Vivian Lane
    Harper Caroline Lane
    Harper Eloise Lane
    Harper Penelope Lane
    Harper Addison Lane
    Harper Abigail Lane
    Harper Juliette Lane
    Harper Rosalie Lane

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"