Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Rainbow Birthday Party (Sig warning and sensitive topic!)

I hope you ladies don't mind I post here... I know it's been forever and most of you probably don't even know/remember me... but I don't know who else to "talk" to.  This last weekend was my rainbow's birthday party and I was expecting to get emotional, but I totally lost it.  When we were singing happy birthday with about 50 of our friends/family around and I should have been laughing at my little baby eating his cake I totally lost it and tried to hide my face in my husband's chest.  I just kept crying when people were coming up to hug me and I felt like a few of them knew what was really going on but most of them thought it was happy tears... I wish it had been.... I was just SO SAD.  I'm so sad that I never get to sing to Peyton, I'm so sad he doesn't get to be there for his brother's birthday in the way I want him there, I'm so sad that for his birthday next month we can only visit the lake where his ashes are and not throw him a huge party.  I've been doing really well lately, but it was just so so sad... and then on top of it I was sad to be sad on such a happy day.  Don't me wrong, I couldn't be more grateful, I couldn't.  Other than the meltdown it was a perfect day... but isn't just so damn unfair that all of our perfect days will always be bittersweet and not perfect??  

I just had to vent to people who really truly know why I was crying.  
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

Re: Rainbow Birthday Party (Sig warning and sensitive topic!)

• Options

Ticker warning

I have no experience in this yet, but I get it.  I'm so sorry you felt so sad.  I'm in the very beginning stages of getting my rainbow's nursery together, and while I'm so thankful to be in this situation, I know it will be sad as well.  That should be my angel's room, those should be my angel's things.  We didn't have a lot, but we had some clothes, both new and hand me downs for our angel, and I can't decide if I should use them for my rainbow if they're the same sex.  It makes me sad to pack them away forever, but it makes me sad to use them for my rainbow as well.  I hate that every happy occasion is also tainted with the sadness of our losses as well.

Big hugs to you!

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Thank you.  FWIW, we had a boy after our boy and we chose to give him his brother's things... it makes me smile whenever he uses them.  It's sad though because he's now outgrown any clothes that were for his brother, but he still has toys/books/blankets that were for him and I love that he uses them.  I feel like it's a way for them to "play together."

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ***Siggy warning***

I agree, its so sad that now even happy moments are tinged with sadness. Memories built on top of memories that should be, but aren't. It absolutely sucks. I have yet to experience this exact situation, but I know it will be hard. Big ((hugs)) sweetie.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    ***SIGGY***

When DS turned 4 last year, I bawled my eyes out when we sang "Happy Birthday" to him. I had imagined spending his birthday with both of my boys, not just one. I know it's not the same as what you experienced, but I can sorta kinda empathize [is that even the right word? maybe?].

It's definitely unfair that all of our happy moments will probably always be tinged with a little sadness. So, so unfair. Lots and lots of hugs coming your way.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you.  FWIW, we had a boy after our boy and we chose to give him his brother's things... it makes me smile whenever he uses them.  It's sad though because he's now outgrown any clothes that were for his brother, but he still has toys/books/blankets that were for him and I love that he uses them.  I feel like it's a way for them to "play together."

Bless your heart.  I love to see mothers of rainbow children talk about life after the tragedy and your blog is just beautiful and uplifting!!  And I'm sorry that you and all of us will have to battle two extreme feelings of emotions at our childrens birthday parties.  

When I lost Warren, I felt that the only way I would feel significantly healed is the day I bring home a baby. But as I read other blogs and posts, I see that we are forever marked by our angels. I'm just looking forward to time relieving me of the frequency of my meltdowns at the moment. (I spent a few minutes in the middle of Target the other day after coming across the Halloween costume aisle)

I hope that in time, you will find that balance where you can celebrate your child's milestones and remember your angel without being overwhelmed by your emotions.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    ((HUGS)). I am terrified of Anna's birthday in January. All of the emotions associated with the traumatic day she was born as well as missing our Patricia. I might just shut down.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options

petunia-- I know I will be the same exact way in November when my rainbow turns one. It hurts to think that we missed the milestones with our angels and it seems to get worse with me when my rainbow does all new things. Its like Sydney is just missing so much and she should be apart of this all. Just like I know you feel the same about Peyton.

Hugs!!

Heather

DS- Brenden born 11/13/93 Missed miscarriage on March 6, 2007 @ 9 weeks D&C on March 8th 2007. Riley Annalise born 2/25/08 ( 3 weeks early weighing 8 lbs 12.8 oz.) Chemical pregnancy 3/2010. Sydney Adriana born sleeping on 9/30/11 weighing 10lbs 3 oz at 38wks 4 days. Trinity Alivia born via c section at 36 wks 4 days weighing 9 lbs. 5.7 oz. She is our amazing rainbow baby!!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PGAL buddy drvst8
  • Options
    I am so sorry hun.  It sucks.  Annabelle was due a week before Lilah's birthday, so when I was pregnant I envisioned double birthday parties for my girls all the time. (My sister and I have close birthdays and always had double parties, and I loved it).  Anyways...  ever since losing Annabelle I have a very difficult time planning Lilah's party and both years now I have gone through the parties in a fog.  I feel sooo bad that I feel like that for her birthdays, but all I can think about is how it should be a party for her AND her little sister.  (((HUGS)))  I totally understand and I hope that it gets easier with time...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Bless your heart.  I love to see mothers of rainbow children talk about life after the tragedy and your blog is just beautiful and uplifting!!  And I'm sorry that you and all of us will have to battle two extreme feelings of emotions at our childrens birthday parties.  

When I lost Warren, I felt that the only way I would feel significantly healed is the day I bring home a baby. But as I read other blogs and posts, I see that we are forever marked by our angels. I'm just looking forward to time relieving me of the frequency of my meltdowns at the moment. (I spent a few minutes in the middle of Target the other day after coming across the Halloween costume aisle)

I hope that in time, you will find that balance where you can celebrate your child's milestones and remember your angel without being overwhelmed by your emotions.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me... I DID feel significantly healed when Raylan was born, I don't want you to lose that hope.  The key word though is significantly, not completely.  Part of the reason the emotion at the party was SO overwhelming is because I'm not used to feeling that totally raw, angry sad anymore... I remember it very clearly, but it's not here every day.  So when it does come, it's very overwhelming.  I hope that makes sense.

I also feel like there was a silver lining to losing it at the party... we never had a service for Peyton so to most of these people who were there he's an idea, a person I talk about a lot but to them never existed... so I feel like seeing me like that finally made him more real to them.  Nobody there didn't know I was crying for my son, not an idea of a child.  If that makes sense.

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    ((Hugs)) I completely understand what you mean. I had this exact thought at my DD's birthday last week. Even being pregnant with my rainbow (hopefully), it still hit me out of left field that Mason should be with us. I get so used to the dull ache that when the grief hits me hard, it's startling. Hugs to you again.
  • Options
    a&aw12707 said:
    ((Hugs)) I completely understand what you mean. I had this exact thought at my DD's birthday last week. Even being pregnant with my rainbow (hopefully), it still hit me out of left field that Mason should be with us. I get so used to the dull ache that when the grief hits me hard, it's startling. Hugs to you again.
    That's exactly it.

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

• Options
    Hi Petunia :-h

I understand this completely!! How you can feel a mix of emotions you heretofore thought were impossible to feel all at once. I'll probably feel just like this singing happy birthday to Violet. Wondering why we are singing to her and not Nathaniel. Feeling guilty for even thinking that. Feeling joy that she's even here at all; feeling angry and robbed of my son. In front of a room full of people who can't possibly understand.

I get it. Big hugs <3
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

a&aw12707 said:

That's exactly it.

Oh yes, exactly!! So true.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi Petunia :-h I understand this completely!! How you can feel a mix of emotions you heretofore thought were impossible to feel all at once. I'll probably feel just like this singing happy birthday to Violet. Wondering why we are singing to her and not Nathaniel. Feeling guilty for even thinking that. Feeling joy that she's even here at all; feeling angry and robbed of my son. In front of a room full of people who can't possibly understand. I get it. Big hugs <3
    Hi!  Yes... that's it, so many conflicting emotions and guilt and sad and all those people staring at me.  Ugh.

CafeMom Tickers

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"