High-Risk Pregnancy

Sunday Bedrest Check In

Happy end of the week Sunday :-)

How did everyone sleep?

Milestones, updates?

Qotd: do you have a good relationship with your DH's family?

Re: Sunday Bedrest Check In

• I went to bed at 5:30am-12:30pm once DH left to work. For some reason I need the whole bed to get comfortable.

Yesterday I cheated on bedrest and took a drive to see my SIL. I hadn't seen her since July. I actually thought she didn't care about me but once she saw me she treated me so good. I even left with a full belly and a bag of goodies. We also pasted by a bakery and ordered our baby shower cake :-)

To our surprise when we got home we had friends waiting for us. It was a nice night.

Qotd: I think his family are very good ppl and I've never had a direct problem with them but I feel like they depend too much on my DH and it annoys the crap out of me. I will leave it at that because if I keep typing its just going to upset me :-/
  • Loading the player...
  • Update: 34w 5d Getting antsy. 17 days until C section. That is scary. I cheated on bedrest yesterday and we went to buy a minivan. When I woke up yesterday, I felt kinda heavy and noticed my bump was a little further down. While we were working on the paperwork and numbers, the pressure kept increasing. I called my nurse line and they said they weren't sure what was going on and to come in to L&D. Finished paperwork, but it was taking too long to get minivan detailed, so we left and will pick it up on Monday instead. Got to L&D and put on monitors. Only had one or two contractions in an hour. Got an IV of fluids. They did two manual checks an hour apart and I was 2 cm dilated both times. We never did a measurement when I left the hospital bedrest a couple weeks ago, so we don't really have a basis for comparison. Turns out I have a UTI and BV. Got two prescriptions for antibiotics. The culture for the UTI won't be fully complete until Wednesday, so I'm supposed to ask my OB at my weekly appt if I do have one and if I should continue the antibiotics. Was a busy day yesterday. My plan is to stay in bed today.

QOTD: I get along with my in laws. They are nice people. My parents get along with them as well. My only complaint would be that my MIL is such a people pleaser that she will drive you nuts trying to do stuff for you. She keeps buying all this stuff off our baby registry and then complaining that there is nothing in there for the shower she wants to throw after the kids get here. I know I sound ungrateful, but she tends to overdo things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Slept well last night.  Think I got about 10 hours!

Nothing new today, 32+3.  OB appt tomorrow, hoping there still haven't been any changes.  I'm also hoping I can convince him to get another US soon, since my last one was the one at 29 weeks that put me on bedrest.  It would be nice to get a new weight estimate, figure out the position, and get a cervical measurement, but I don't know if he'll let me not! 

I put together my packing list today, and I'm about to print it out so that if something happens before I get it all together, DH will know what I need.

I get along with my in-laws well, and they get along with my family too.  MIL can sometimes be a bit overbearing in terms of thinking she always knows what's best, so at times she annoys everyone, and I'm just hoping once baby is here, she will trust my decisions and won't be showing up unexpectedly all the time since she lives near us!

• Happy Sunday!

I slept about 6 straight hours! Didn't even wake up to pee :)

Cheated on bedrest today and went to get breakfast with MH and his sister, then to get an exercise ball, and I went to pick up an elliptical someone was selling on mama market but when I got there the thing DIDNT WORK ;( I was SO excited

I get along ok with my in laws... love them to death! We've never had a problem or disagreement.... knock on wood lol

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• hjweberhjweber member
    edited October 2013

Happy Sunday.  It's a wet, gloomy day here and I'm fighting taking a nap.  (But I think I will.)

Slept okay last night.  Tossed from side to side.  Stayed in bed until almost noon!  (And two hours later am fighting a nap.  WTH??)

No milestones/updates today.  30w4d today.  Come on 31w!

QOTD:  I used to have a great relationship with DH's family.  Seems like ever since DD was born, relations have been strained.  Long story short, she was born premature and they all felt I was too overprotective and kept her from them.  (DH's grandparents smoke like chimneys in their home and are always sick; IL's liked to criticize me for asking them to get flu shots and to use hand sanitizer; and most of the family members have no respect to not come around if they are sick.)  Of course I was protective of my DD.  But they felt that I should have been over all day every day so they could love all over her.  And they feel DH doesn't come around as often because of me when really it's because he chooses to do other things with his free time.  Rant over.
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Hjweber- that is a sin! It's so tough when your ILs are not understanding of why you have certain requests around your baby!! I tried to always blame it on the pediatrician. And no one who smokes is allowed around my babies unless they have washed their hands and clothes don't stink!

imageimage

• Hjweber: I am expecting DH family to be like that with me. I warned them in advance how over protective I am going to be. I feel your pain :-(
  • Hello I am new to this site but been checking out the post bc I am on bed rest . I'm 22 weeks today. I had a cerclage placed at 16 weeks and I'm getting p 17 shots , so happy to have made it this far , am looking forward to being able to say I've made it to 34 weeks OMG it seems sooooo far away
  • @Dollymarie, welcome and so sorry you have to join us! I hope the nexy 12 weeks go quickly for you.  This is a wonderful group of supportive women, I think you will be glad you joined!!

imageimage

• Welcome @dollymarie! If it helps, I joined the board at 23 weeks and will be 35 weeks on Tuesday. Celebrating milestones and keeping a countdown really helped me. This board is full of supportive women with lots of great advice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you I'm trying to stay positive about it , I do get board , it helps feeling my daughter move, she moves alot lol I have had a few BH contractions nothing bad no pain other then that I'm good I just wish time would pass quicker .
  • Welcome Dollymarie. Sorry you had to join us. I also have a cerclage. Mine was put in at 14wks I've been on bedrest since 21wks. I will be 34 wks on Wednesday. It was a long road but definitely worth it. Try to stay busy and on a schd. Good luck.. Keep lo cooking :-)
  • Ty and I am , I am making her a blanket n I color n watch tv n of course eat lol
  • @Dollymarie Welcome, although sorry you have to be here.  Good luck and keep us posted!
    @SMS 32 weeks!  AWESOME!
    @10-4 Glad everything is under control after going to L&D.  Also, if you're going to take a cheat day, way to go big with a minivan purchase!  BTW I was always anti van, but now I have it and LOVE it!

Not much today either.  I embrace uneventful though!  Glad to have one more day under my belt and officially be at viability.  At my hospital they are having their annual walk to remember for all the lost babies.  They do a balloon release and obviously I wasn't able to go for my Shea, but my friend released a balloon in her honor along with one for her son.  The pictures were beautiful, but bittersweet because there were so many balloons.  But still a great way to honor and remember our little ones :-)

QOTD: There aren't enough characters on this board to allow me to expand about my in-laws ;-)  I get along okay with them.  My MIL is sweet and always means well, but is passive aggressive which drives me nuts.  My FIL is means well too, but doesn't know how to show affection of any kind.  Told me he had no use for my kids until they learned to throw a ball.  They have since learned to throw a ball and he still won't play with them ;-)
  • OleMissBrideOleMissBride member
    edited October 2013
    Late check in today! Slept much better last night, I love my nurse who was here last night- she's so quick and quiet when she has to come in overnight. Luckily b/c DH stayed at the hospital with me- he's grumpy when woken! Had both sets of our parents visit today and DD- so it was nice but a little crazy. Planning on trying to work most of tomorrow- I really don't want to start STD this soon so I need to be productive- at least I don't have anyplace to go! 

Milestones- well one more day is enough to celebrate. DD is being stubborn when they have to put the monitor on 2x a day but HB is good and contractions are still very minor- yeah!!!! 30+5 tomorrow and an US to check fluid level again tomorrow! I love DH's parents- I feel lucky to have super inlaws! And they adore DD#1 which melts my heart for her being the 4th grandchild! My parents are amazing, but still more like parents, DH's are just fun and laid back, like good friends.

Need to get this little vent out- so DH has had to bring me EVERYTHING since I got checked into L&D on Thursday. He's been so great with my short list so far but I sent him home with a rather long one today and he's asking if I need it ALL tomorrow!! I said- sweetie- I have one real comfy outfit, no contacts, and like one extra t-shirt here and NO UNDERWEAR since Thursday!!! He said doesn't the hospital have those you can wear.....um, referring to the gross mesh panties they give you. Ewwww. I mean, I know he's stressed taking care of DD, but it's not like I can go home and pack for the next 6-7 weeks!! Trying to be nice but I really have to bite my tongue!! Thanks for letting me get that out- having a man pack for a woman for this long is very scary!!!!
    BFP #1 on 2.13.11, MM/C 04.11.11 @ 12W, 1D
    BFP #2 due on 2.17.12 - Happy Birthday Brooks 2.11.12
    BFP #3 on 11.14.12, M/C 12.3.12 @ 7W, 1D
    BFP #4 due 12.11.13- Happy Birthday Taylor @ 34w, 2d
    - 30w+1- pPROM and hospital bed rest till DD comes

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Preemie ticker

image image
  • @OleMissBride, I think we have the same due date?  December 11th?
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • @hjweber- yes! Due 12/11 but have a c-section scheduled for 12/5. Then today my OB wants to move it to 10/31. OMG!!! That feels so soon, and is a little nerve racking! And is that bad to have a Halloween baby? I may push for 11/1 if they'll let me!
    BFP #1 on 2.13.11, MM/C 04.11.11 @ 12W, 1D
    BFP #2 due on 2.17.12 - Happy Birthday Brooks 2.11.12
    BFP #3 on 11.14.12, M/C 12.3.12 @ 7W, 1D
    BFP #4 due 12.11.13- Happy Birthday Taylor @ 34w, 2d
    - 30w+1- pPROM and hospital bed rest till DD comes

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Preemie ticker

image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"