Birthday Parties
Options

What To Do?

So I have been to one 1rst birthday party (my sibling doesn't live close) and it was at a park and very casual.  I am not sure what you are supposed to do at a 1rst birthday party.  There will be other kids there but they will all be within a year of my child so too young to really play organized games or anything like that. Right now I am thinking, eat some kind of meal, open presents then do cake but I feel like there should be more but I don't know what.  Any ideas for me or does that sound alright?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What To Do?

• Options
    I don't think there's a "supposed to do" for any party.  Do what you're comfortable with.  At my son's first birthday I had food laid out on tables, a ball pit for the little guys and a photo booth for the big people and it was at a park.  I pretty much let people do their own thing.

I've been to a range of first birthdays from super extravagant (face painters, catered sit down meal) to "normal"  (paper plates, balloons, and food) and I would say each one has been a success. 

Some form of meal (or even just snack depending on time) cake and presents sounds fine.  I wouldn't worry too much about entertainment if your child guests are going to be in the 1 and under crowd.  (I would probably have some toys of some sort for them to play with since the 1-2 age range isn't that great about occupying themselves in non-destructive ways if they're in an enclosed space)
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What you have planned is enough. It is exactly what we did for our son's 1st birthday, and 2 weeks ago the same was done at my nephews 1st.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, that sounds perfectly fine. I'd only add in games if you had the right crowd for it, ie not toddlers and parents stressed about keeping their toddlers under control!
  • Options
    I would just have a few areas of play set up but not have any planned games. Like have a train table/activity table/coffee table set up with some toys for the kids to cruise around and play on. A kiddy pool filled with balls for a baby ball pit. An area with blocks, stacking cups.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    We had snacks and drinks out, a ball pit for the little guys, and a photo booth with props for everyone else. We did presents about 45 minutes in and cake directly after. People just kind of chatted and ate before and after the planned stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What you're doing is fine. We had about 15 people total for DS's first birthday. Small, casual, and too the point. We don't have many little kids around us. We served food, opened presents, and then ate cake. Traditionally we would do cake first, but since it was his first party we did cake last as he had his own smash cake and was sure to need a bath afterwards.
    April's TTGP Siggy Challenge: Favorite Superhero
    SuperMan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"