Babies: 9 - 12 Months

culturelle for constipation?

a few months back, my ped recommended culturelle kids for DD's diarrhea and it worked AWESOME. now she has a constipation problem. i'm wondering if culturelle will work just as good for constipation? thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: culturelle for constipation?

• I thought it was only for diarrhea.  I would try a little prune juice instead. 
  • our doctor told us mirlax for his constipation. worked great. we started off with a 1/8 of a teaspoon in his bottle once a day, and increased it every 2 days until his poop was back to normal 
  • Loading the player...
  • I just bought a different brand of probiotics for L's loose antibiotic poops. THe pharmacist  told me it can be used for both constipation and diarrhea. It balances everything out.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• P foods help with constipation, pears, prunes, peaches, and peas. Also anything with fiber. We also do a teaspoon of flaxseed oil per day.
  • i use a daily probiotic for LO. Yes it helps "balance" so it works for both. 
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

• We also use the Culterelle probiotic packets once daily since DS was only a few months old. They've done wonders as far as regulating his system...whether it constipation (which was our main issue) or diarrhea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"