1st Trimester
Options

Multiples??

I am just curious for those whom have had or are having multiples.  At what stage in your pregnancy were they detected? Was it during your first u/s? Just curious if you can have your first u/s around the 8-10 week mark and multiples not be detected? 

~~ Mom to an amazng 2 1/2 year old and expecting AGAIN =) ~~

Re: Multiples??

• Options

Have you tried the Multiples board?

https://forums.thebump.com/categories/multiples

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Mine were seen at 6wks. Yes, it's possible to not see one but it is uncommon to miss them at a 10wk ultrasound. Why?
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Mine were both visible at 6w4d ...  I had a lady at my church (grated, this was 10 years ago) but her 7w u/s showed 2 babies ... it wasn't until her 10w u/s that they found the triplet!

Which has me worried ... because I released 3 Eggs this cycle ... so the possibility is still there! AAAA!

However, I had my suspicions ahead of time: early hpt positive, early onset of m/s, dreams of twins, and decent hcg levels at 15 and 17dpiui.

Why? what's going on?

Mary (33) and Michael (33)

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2002, Married 4/10/10     TTC #1 June 2011; LAP and tubes flushed in Dec

2012: 6 Clomid Cycles, all BFN;    RE consult Nov 2012: SIS (all clear)

2013: 3 Femara Cycles with IUI, all BFN      August 2013: Follistim/Ovidrel = 3 Follies, IUI on 8/29.

BFP!!!!! 1st Beta = 204 on 9/12/13 2nd Beta = 774 on 9/15/13!!

First U/S 10/1/13 - It's TWINS!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Mine were found on my first ultrasound at 7 weeks at my REs office.
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• Options

Mine were both visible at 6w4d ...  I had a lady at my church (grated, this was 10 years ago) but her 7w u/s showed 2 babies ... it wasn't until her 10w u/s that they found the triplet!

Which has me worried ... because I released 3 Eggs this cycle ... so the possibility is still there! AAAA!

However, I had my suspicions ahead of time: early hpt positive, early onset of m/s, dreams of twins, and decent hcg levels at 15 and 17dpiui.

Why? what's going on?

NONE of that means you will have twins. Stop spreading bad information.

By your reasoning, everyone with HG is having HOM.

I' don't want to sound rude but I have to second this...

It's a BOY

• Options
    My friend found out at her 20 week u/s. She did not have an u/s prior to that. 

Omg.  I don't know what I would do if that happened to me!  I'm sure your friend was freaked out!

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Options
    both sets seen at 6 weeks.
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Options
    JKBMA2014 said:

Why? what's going on?

NONE of that means you will have twins. Stop spreading bad information.

By your reasoning, everyone with HG is having HOM.

I' don't want to sound rude but I have to second this...
    I'll third this. Women who are charting are able to find out about pregnancy as early as 10dpo with a positive HPT - an early HPT means nothing other than you're pregnant.
    Yes, I got a seriously faint line at 9dpo.

It's a BOY

• Options

my bad ladies ... I shared the things that happened to me early that gave me "it's twins thoughts."   ... never did I say EVERY woman who has that has twins.  

No need to be rude.

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2002, Married 4/10/10     TTC #1 June 2011; LAP and tubes flushed in Dec

2013: 3 Femara Cycles with IUI, all BFN      August 2013: Follistim/Ovidrel = 3 Follies, IUI on 8/29.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm a teacher and one of my kids (an ID twin) asked if I was having twins.  I said no, and they said how are you sure?  I said "Well, I had an ultrasound and they saw one baby."  and they said "Yeah, that's what they told my mom too.  Then I popped out!  Surprise!"
  • Options
    mcselfonealmcselfoneal member
    edited October 2013

I wasn't the one asking questions! I gave my answer and my thoughts ... no need for people to insinuate that I meant all women would have those "symptoms" and certainly not that I had HG or anyone with early onset of m/s would have multiples. All of that was pointless to say. A simple "Hey, not everybody has that" would have worked.  Can't we all just be happy for each other here??  My gosh, forgive me and my twin dreams. 

I mean, I had 3 Eggs release, um, maybe that was my biggest clue ... and then I LOOKED for other possible "signs" and perhaps my HOPES turned into dreams, who knows?!  Geez, We're all hormonal, can't we just all get along?!?! lol

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

you sure did put a lot of words in my mouth ... the first time, and the now again. 

Whatever. Think what you want about me and my thoughts.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Everything you said in your last post was condescending, offensive to my intelligence, and could have served better purpose in a private message. You have no right to call my thoughts ridiculous no matter how much you disagree with me. I'm not the first person to flag you, and I won't be the last. I read the rules, I didn't flag you until you directly insulted me a second time. And by the way, unless you just haven't updated your signature, why are you even in the 1st trimester forum? I'm done.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Everything you said in your last post was condescending, offensive to my intelligence, and could have served better purpose in a private message. You have no right to call my thoughts ridiculous no matter how much you disagree with me. I'm not the first person to flag you, and I won't be the last. I read the rules, I didn't flag you until you directly insulted me a second time. And by the way, unless you just haven't updated your signature, why are you even in the 1st trimester forum? I'm done.

I understand how you feel but please understand she was only saying that none of the things you were feeling are signs of twins and you were basically saying "I knew I. Was having twins because ...." And I mean, all of that is false.

It's a BOY

• Options
    I knew I was pregnant with twins both times. I had dreams each time that I lost one twin with DD1 and knew I lost both twins the second time. Some people are just in tune with bodies more than other:)
    1st loss 8/31
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Options
    Smells like butthurt & BSC up in here...

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I knew I was pregnant with twins both times. I had dreams each time that I lost one twin with DD1 and knew I lost both twins the second time. Some people are just in tune with bodies more than other:)
    My second pregnancy and this most recent one were twins. I knew I had lost one twin because of ULTRASOUNDS!!!!! You CANNOT be intuned enough with your body to know you A) had twins without a sono and B) you lost one, again without a sono to know.

This is insulting to ALL OF US who have in fact had REAL losses of one twin or more. 
    [-(
    Racheal- a newly single, student mom to 3 boys 

CC 10/2005
    NC 11/2009
    DC 08/2012

and TEAM GREEN 05/2014

• Options
    You guys are truly just perfect people. Hey don't slam me for knowing whats going on with my body. I'm sorry you have a hard time understanding that someones just knows.You make me very sad how ignorant your responses are. Do you need proof of my "tales"? Maybe talk to me or judge me when you have violent dreams about your baby then you find out they passed. It sucks and its painful. No need to be haters
    OH BTW I knew this was a boy...
    @artichokenPrimRoseMama
    @GhostMonkey
    @Bliss+Berry
    1st loss 8/31
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Options
    My second pregnancy and this most recent one were twins. I knew I had lost one twin because of ULTRASOUNDS!!!!! You CANNOT be intuned enough with your body to know you A) had twins without a sono and B) you lost one, again without a sono to know.

This is insulting to ALL OF US who have in fact had REAL losses of one twin or more. 
    [-(
    Are you saying my twin losses weren' t real??  Girl if you mean that I'd throat punch you
    1st loss 8/31
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Options

[-(
    Are you saying my twin losses weren' t real??  Girl if you mean that I'd throat punch you

[-(
    WTF are you talking about? Of course I had sono's to confirm pregnancies of twins. I'm high risk genius of course they do early sono's
    1st loss 8/31
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• Options

[-(

[-(
    WTF are you talking about? Of course I had sono's to confirm pregnancies of twins. I'm high risk genius of course they do early sono's
    You NEVER mentioned a sono. you mentioned dreams ONLY. 
    Racheal- a newly single, student mom to 3 boys 

CC 10/2005
    NC 11/2009
    DC 08/2012

and TEAM GREEN 05/2014

• Options
    Who cares if they have dreams about having twins or losing a twin? If you don't believe it, roll your eyes and move on. No need to challenge these ladies. Who cares if people think dreaming about having twins might mean they have twins? Everyone knows that dreams do not always equal reality. It just happened to work out that way for these ladies. No need for drama.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    Who cares if they have dreams about having twins or losing a twin? If you don't believe it, roll your eyes and move on. No need to challenge these ladies. Who cares if people think dreaming about having twins might mean they have twins? Everyone knows that dreams do not always equal reality. It just happened to work out that way for these ladies. No need for drama.
    It is a very shitty thing to say you are having a loss when you are not. It makes you a truly horrible person.

Well I don't know where this was stated. Did someone lie about a loss?
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options

Yeah, you're not preggly, @GhostMonkey!! GTFO of the 1st tri board! They don't need your knowledge or logic! :P 8-}

Get a grip @mcselfoneal, people with real information are plenty welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"