Military Families
Options

Synagis and Tricare

Anyone have any experience with getting the Synagis shots approved through Tricare? Our little guy was born at 31 weeks so our doctors highly recommend the shots but we haven't heard back from Tricare yet and they submitted the request over a month ago. We've had great luck with Tricare so far but I'm getting a bit nervous about the delay. TIA.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU

Re: Synagis and Tricare

• Options
    Oh gosh. We don't have a whole lot of risks other than him being born at 31 weeks (on June 28) and having to go in public sometimes. No other siblings, no daycare, etc ... I sure hope they don't deny us.

PS ... I can't figure the ticker thing out.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Options
    So I contacted my Dr office and they tell me that Tricare has not replied back about my LO's approval for the shot as of yet. OMG!!!!! I'm going to lose it if they don't approve it. They said they are going to contact them again. Does anyone know how/who to contact Tricare about this on my end? I'm sure I have a phone number somewhere but I'd have to dig for it. And any advice from those who may have experienced this would be much appreciated!

TIA!

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are prime. Thank you. I will call next week and see what they say.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Yay! I just got word from the Dr office that he's been approved. Whew, what a relief. I almost started crying!!! She's supposed to call me back to schedule the shots once she gets the paperwork from the insurance company. Thanks for the guidance ladies!

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"