July 2012 Moms

FC

Let's hear those confessions, ladies!

Re: FC

• I like to read romance novels.  I don't read the silly harlequin type ones but the ones that have a bit more story line and action.  I think I secretly wish my love life/romace with my H was more exciting.

I rarely wash LOs hair.  She hardly has any so I see no need to use shampoo regularly.  I think I wash it every 2 weeks.
  • I'm starting to post a little more, but I still consider myself a lurker. But any way -  I finally just figured out what 'FC' stands for.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been growing my hair long so I can donate it. My husband is dreading the day when I cut it. I can't wait to chop it off! But I am trying to make sure it's still ponytail manageable once the cut is made.
  • I'm also in the "I'd rather be in Boston" camp.   Bleh.

• hijinx said:

After talking with other moms I realize that I feed Liam a lot of fruit every day. I never really thought that I might be giving him too much until the other moms looked at me like I was doing something terrible when I told them how much fruit he eats. He eats fruit at every meal and usually at snack time too. I plan on talking to his pedi at his 15 month checkup about his fruit intake, but now I'm worrying that I'm hurting him by giving him so much fruit. He loves all kinds of fruit and will always eat it even when he's refusing to eat everything else.

Oh jeez is this a thing? I feed Owen fruit at every meal too. He usually gets a fruit, carb, protein, and fat at every meal. Veggies are harder because I can only get him to eat one hidden with fruit in a pouch so that's just once a day. Kids are complicated!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hijinx said:
    After talking with other moms I realize that I feed Liam a lot of fruit every day. I never really thought that I might be giving him too much until the other moms looked at me like I was doing something terrible when I told them how much fruit he eats. He eats fruit at every meal and usually at snack time too. I plan on talking to his pedi at his 15 month checkup about his fruit intake, but now I'm worrying that I'm hurting him by giving him so much fruit. He loves all kinds of fruit and will always eat it even when he's refusing to eat everything else.

I give Will fruit all the time! Sounds like just as much as you do. And I do feel guilty that he doesn't eat more veggies. I figure, hey...it's not processed crap that he is constantly eating, so whatever. If he loves it and will always eat it, then I would go with it.

Eats childproof locks for breakfast...image

• I redid my living room on Monday and Tuesday because I was hosting book club on Wednesday and felt insecure about how nice the room was.  It was totally shallow even though it needed to be done anyway. 

I will also be getting my hair cut tonight because I am paranoid everyone will totally think I am a scrub tomorrow at the GTG.

• After talking with other moms I realize that I feed Liam a lot of fruit every day. I never really thought that I might be giving him too much until the other moms looked at me like I was doing something terrible when I told them how much fruit he eats. He eats fruit at every meal and usually at snack time too. I plan on talking to his pedi at his 15 month checkup about his fruit intake, but now I'm worrying that I'm hurting him by giving him so much fruit. He loves all kinds of fruit and will always eat it even when he's refusing to eat everything else.
    I also feed my kid a lot of fruits and veggies every day. I don't see how it could be a bad thing. There is a lot of sugar in the fruits, but there's also fiber and vitamins and other good stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• If I stopped giving my kid fruit, he wouldn't eat anything!  He's hardly 15 months old and he already hates my cooking.  I don't really care, though!  Get used to it, kid!
  • lkamenkolkamenko member
    edited October 2013
    hijinx said:

What? We are supposed to cut down on fruits? V eats a ton every day...

My confession is I had a very difficult week - First week at the new job - the environment is very "dynamic" and I am overwelmed. The traffic SUCKS both ways and I spend more then an hour one way :( and my DH is out of town so everything on me which is a lot considering 3 kids, dog, house.

Anyway to the confession part - I ate tons of crap junk food all week long and even gave Veronica potato chips yeaterday for dinner. When I am under so much stress I eat and then feel super guilty. Sorry the confession turned out to be a vent.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I haven't sent Ben's thank you notes for his birthday party, which was Aug 30. Wrote them... Haven't sent them. I should probably do that. Better late than never, right?

• Ben eats a shitton of fruit, and always has. When he doesn't, he gets super backed up. I think his body needs it to stay regular, so he craves it. I'm not fighting that... It's a freaking plant, it's good for you!

• jfresh said:
    (This one is super selfish) I am really annoyed that some of my coworkers jump to throw parties for other coworkers but no one threw me a small baby shower or did any type of congratulatory thing after Oliver. This is brought to you by a waaaaay over the top party being thrown today for a minor promotion for someone.

@jfresh I had the same thing happen except they did all these big things for people that had sicknesses with flowers and blankets and all sorts of stuff. When I had Charlie... nothing. And then they sent out a request for more money for the "cheer fund" because it was depleted the last couple of years. I refuse to contribute when I got nothing, and if that's selfish I don't want to be anything else. [-(

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• Ern slept like crap again last night. I told Very that I was going to leave work early to go get her from her grandparents because she's sick and its the right thing to do... However I may just go home and go the F to sleep and go get her after my nap.

She likes grandma and grandpa better anyway.

• I've washed B's carseat once, and that was because it was full of chunky vomit.  No fluids, no washing.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • @Manda+Chase I have also never washed Charlie's car seat and rarely have her high chair cover. It's gross and I keep saying I need to get it done, just haven't yet.

I'm also jealous of Boston.

On Monday MH slept in while I took Charlie to daycare and then got in to work late. I want to slap him from it sometimes. So I'm seriously considering telling my boss dc called me to go pick up Charlie, and then going home and napping and having some "me time" before it's actually time to pick her up.

And finally, I'm just going to put this here instead of starting it's own thread. A couple weeks ago I posted that I was worried about Charlie eating too much because her dc sheet always says "Ate a ton!" or something along those lines. We had a parent night last night to mingle with the teachers and other parents and the teachers actually verified it for me. Apparently all the other kids will be dozing off on their cots after lunch and my kid is still sitting there shoveling more into her mouth. Same thing with the snack. They said I shouldn't be worried but I can't help it now.  X_X

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

• cbear2010 said:
    I've washed B's carseat once, and that was because it was full of chunky vomit.  No fluids, no washing.
    This and let me tell you taking that damn thing apart was such a PIA ---don't do it if you don't have too! lol!
    I concur.  Horrible, horrible experience.
     CafeMom Tickers
  • My co-worker is here coughing, sneezing and snorting.  GO THE HELL HOME!  We have paid sick leave, fucking take some!  I have a hard enough time staying healthy with a toddler, I can't have my co-workers being germy, too!
  • I got Ben a TMNT movie from the library, but before I let him watch it, I wanted to see a few minutes to make sure it's appropriate. He's a preschool, Em is napping, and I'm totally into it. Coffee, nail polish, TMNT. Happy Friday to me!
    @SallySunrise That's because TMNT are awesome! I remember growing up with them and am worried they're going to ruin the new movie.

• aylafsu88aylafsu88 member
    edited October 2013
    cpasley said:

On Monday MH slept in while I took Charlie to daycare and then got in to work late. I want to slap him from it sometimes. So I'm seriously considering telling my boss dc called me to go pick up Charlie, and then going home and napping and having some "me time" before it's actually time to pick her up.

I am going to do this today.  My H always gets kid free time and I hardly ever get any.  I am leaving early to take a nap and mentally prepare to be with LO all day tomorrow while my H does guy stuff.]

As for the fruit, my kid eats it at every meal.  I figure it is better than eating a ton of processed food.  My kid is a picky eater so if that is what she wants to eat then I am fine with it.
  • Turtle Power, @sallysunrise!  FYI if Ben likes TMNT, there's a ton of stuff in the Dollar Spot at Target AND the Dollar Spot stuff is on Cartwheel.  B picked out a coloring book after getting his shots. :)
     CafeMom Tickers
  • @cpasley It's the old awesome one that my brother and I loved. Raphael just said "damn" so by my usual rules that would be a NO for Ben.... But it's awesome, so I'll probably watch it with him and just remind him that that's a grown up word. :P

• Sweet @stokedwifey, thanks! @wonderjess, Benjamin sings "heroes in a hash brown!" LOL!!
    omg, I'm dying... this age is freaking hilarious!!

• Omg @bubbajug because of you I constantly say Christ on a bike in my head. Damn you and your catchy phrases!!

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • After the whole hot dog nitrate convo I realized I never checked her ham or deli meat to see if it had any. Low and behold that fancy ham I'd been buying has nitrates :( so naturally I let H finish the package off.

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14

• I got Ben a TMNT movie from the library, but before I let him watch it, I wanted to see a few minutes to make sure it's appropriate. He's a preschool, Em is napping, and I'm totally into it. Coffee, nail polish, TMNT. Happy Friday to me!

Heroes in a half shell! Turtle Power!!

Huh. I never knew this is what it said, just the "Turtle power" part.
  • Thanks @Bliz1712, I wasn't too woried until they got all emphatic last night about how much she eats and goes back for more and all that. They're growing kids though so I need to just let her be and only worry if the doctor says something.

• @aylafsu88 I love Nora Roberts. I own most of her books and reread them all the time. No judgement here.

@hijinx I didn't know a lot of fruit is bad! Dagny eats a lot too. She loves fruit and cheese and she needs the fruit to balance all the cheese :). She seriously ate a whole can of peaches one day... She really won't eat veggies so at least she eats fruit IMO!

• JennMM said:
    wheelerc said:
    I haven't been feeling well, but I've been alright. I called off yesterday and played up my illness to DH so he would give me some sympathy. It didn't really work and now he's convinced he caught what I "had". Men...

My DH does this every time me or the kids get sick. It makes me want to punch him.
    OMG YES!  Whenever I'm sick, DH manages to be "sicker".
  • hijinx said:
    I'm in a super shitty mood today because I'm not in Boston. I'm pouting like a 13 year old. Stupid work and stupid shitty house we tried to buy ruining everything. I'm a green eyed monster today.
    This is me today too!
    Me too. It just wasn't in the budget for me to go. It sounds like it's going to be such a fun weekend.
    Well at least I have good company in the pouty pants camp!!
    Same here, on top of my already panic striken mood. Im sulking about missing Boston. Like seriously pouting like a 3 year old it's pathetic. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"