Babies on the Brain

Is it supposed to be this bad?

I am having awful side effects coming off BC!  I'm hungry all the time, I'm an emotional trainwreck, bloated like I'm PG already, tired, and huuuuuge bbs.  I swear I went up a cup size b ecause they're bursting out of my bra and DF says it looks like I got breast implants lol.  We are just TTC this month without all the charts/OPKs, etc.  We'll hit it hard next month if I come out negative.  Did anyone else have these bad side effects?  The bbs thing has me wondering since they've never become noticeably larger.  Can't wait to test this weekend!

Re: Is it supposed to be this bad?

• You could play Connect the Dots on my face, this sucks.
  • Yes! I'm relieved I'm not the only one. My acne hasn't been this bad since puberty.
  • Loading the player...
  • Acne was my only side effect of coming off BC. I came off it a year ago and it's still bad.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • It takes time.
  • I just got off BC last month too. I feel huge. My boobs are huge too and I feel like nothing fits. So I know how you feel. :(
  • My acne was awful, my hair really greasy, moods all over the place, and it took a while for things to regulate again. It gets better!!
  • PMS sucked worse once I was off BC. Weirdly enough I didn't have any acne issues coming off BC, but now that I am back on BC for IVF #2, my skin is completely broke out. I look like I'm 15 all over again.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Yes, yes and yes. I have it all. Went off bc in Aug and I am now a moody, pimply, heavier version of myself. LOL oh the joys of being a woman! I'm hoping it gets better soon.... Hang in there ladies!
  • I gained about 5 lbs coming off BC and had heavier periods, but that was about it.
  • PMS sucked worse once I was off BC. Weirdly enough I didn't have any acne issues coming off BC, but now that I am back on BC for IVF #2, my skin is completely broke out. I look like I'm 15 all over again.

This exactly. I've been off BC for a year now and I keep waiting to adjust but it ain't happening. Time to pick up teen vogue because it's been years since I've had to deal with this.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had the worst, worst side effects coming off BCPs. All of the above. Your hormones are trying to regulate themselves with no help from chemicals in a long time. I think many people become convinced that they are KU, some are, I wasn't and am not.

*TTC #1 since June 2013*

Thats the Spot!
    THAT'S THE SPOT!

• I was on Depo for a year hen switched to the pill for about 3 more months before getting off BC completely.  Granted that was 3ish years ago, I vaguely remember gaining weight and purging myself at every meal.  I think that was from the horrible mood swings I was having too.  I believe it took about 5 or 6 months for the moods to stop which helped the purging and helped in weight loss 

My Fertility Friend Chart

Self proclaimed Stepmom since 2009

Married since September 2013

Trying to become a full time mommy since September 2013

• I had terrible symptoms and literally gained almost 10 pounds! Try to rest as much as possible and keep yourself healthy. I kept working out and the 10 pounds fell off again pretty quickly. It's just the hormones going bonkers. The first few weeks I was very depressed and having bad mood swings. Also, I was getting freaky anxiety. My skin broke out and I didn't want to do anything. I was crying all the time. I researched a bit and red raspberry leaf tea helped me a LOT. I was actually very surprised but it may be worth it to give it a try. It was like $5 per box of 16 tea bags. It started to work in a few days. I felt way more balanced and calm. You will get through this. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"