Tennessee Babies
Options

Summit Hospital / Nashville/ Hermitage

Hi! I am about 6 weeks along. My OB is Sue Ann McGuire. I really, really like her but I think she only delivers out of Summit and I've heard negative things about the Labor and Delivery ward. Has any one delivered or known anyone that has delivered there?

Re: Summit Hospital / Nashville/ Hermitage

• Options
    kirbyjr06kirbyjr06 member
    edited October 2013

Hi! This is a few weeks old, so not sure if you will see it or not... but I delivered my daughter at Summit a couple of years ago. I  loved my experience.  My nurses were amazing and attentive and I loved that you can labor, deliver and recover in the same room.  Some of the hospitals downtown do not allow that (per friends experiences).   I am expecting twin this Spring and will deliver them there as well. 

I have had a lot of friends deliver at Summit and have heard nothing but great experiences.  They are owned by HCA and have the same technology, procedures, etc as Centennial MC!

I am also a patient of Dr. McGuires and I LOVE her.  Her bedside manner during my pregnancy and delivery were awesome (and it's not just me... Dr McGuire ended up being the on-call dr for my friend's delivery and she said it was a million times better than her first delivery experience and she felt cheated that Dr. McGuire wasn't her regular OB, ha!).  Also the nurses on the labor floor love Dr. McGuire, which spoke volumes to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks so much for replying!!! I am relieved! I just love Dr. McGuire! We are going for our first ultra sound tomorrow and I can't wait. My husband's father is a twin and also has a brother and sister that are twins. It has skipped a generation and we are the only ones that haven't had kids yet. We shall see... Congrats and thanks again for the response! You have put me at ease.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hope your appointment went great.  Hope you have a H&H 9 months!  I was also the generation that was supposed to have twins -- except I didn't realize it because no one told me! haha!! Big surprise and Dr. McGuire was so excited :)

I think you will like Dr McGuire - she is extremely nice and very knowledgeable (but not overbearing!).  I honestly think being comfortable with your doctor is just as important as the facility (since most facilities in Nashville are comparable).  She will be the one making split second decisions during your delivery and Summit has all the tools and ability to transfer quiickly, if needed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!! The appointment went great. Just one baby though...
  • Options
    I delivered at Summit April 12 & had the best experience! The nurses were amazing and very attentive etc. I can't say enough great things about it!

I will be delivering my second there as well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"