Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Double Stroller suggestions?

Hi Everyone, 

I am currently on strict bed rest at 20 weeks pregnant so I will not be able to go out shopping besides online.  My husband and I are in the market for a double stroller, we currently have a 16 month old.  We are looking for one that we can use a car seat with that also has a regular seat for the toddler.  If there is a tray/cup holder for the kids to use that is a bonus.  I really don't know anything about them and reviews are all over the place.  Should I get one that offers standing as well as the seat option or is that not really utilized as much?  Any pros or cons, features to look for, brands or model suggestions, etc. would be great!  

Thanks!! :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Double Stroller suggestions?

• Options
    We have a Britax B Agile double and it is awesome. It pushes with one hand, folds super easily and fits in the back of our small car. It fits through standard doorways. The only drawback is that it can only be used with Britax infant seats. However, my infant does really well in the stroller on full recline. What do you think you'll use the stroller for most?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Valco Snap Dual. It is amazing. Super lightweight, huge basket, opens and closes in one step, pushes one handed, and fits through standard doors. You can get an adaptor through Valco that fits most carseats now.It's also rated for newborns, so the seat can recline enough so you don't need a carseat. I use a Snuzzler type insert for my 4 month old when I take the boys for walks.

Other seats I looked at were the City Mini double, city Select, and the Kinderwagon Hop.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LOs are 13 months apart. We have the Bumbleride Indie Twin. It is awesome. I wanted a very versatile stroller with real wheels. It seemed to be the best option after much research. It is pricey, but comes with all the options instead of buying them separately. It can also be used for light jogging and fits through the narrowest of doorways.
  • Options
    I appreciate the suggestions!!

It seems to do what a lot of the more expensive strollers do but also has the trays and stuff for the kids.  
  • Options
    JandM524 said:
    I appreciate the suggestions!!

It seems to do what a lot of the more expensive strollers do but also has the trays and stuff for the kids.  
    You get what you pay for.  It's big and clunky and doesn't push very well with 2 kids in it. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    I have a city select and love it. Folds nice and there are 16 different combinations of seats to use the stroller with. Also snugglebugz.ca has it on sale right now. $599 for city select and the extra seat. That's cheap for canada. Not sure what US prices are like.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm currently trying to decide between the city select and the britax b-ready.  Such a tough decision.  I'm not sure how I feel about the rumble seat on the britax though.  That may be the deal breaker.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I don't have a stroller to recommend but I do have one I would suggest not to get, if that is of any help...

My brother has a Peg Perego Aria double stroller and although it's nice for a little walk, it's bulky when folded, it doesn't push well and it's a pain to turn in and out of store aisles. I hated it with a passion every time I had to use it, for two years. It's not worth the 400.00$ price tag in my opinion...
  • Options
    I'm currently trying to decide between the city select and the britax b-ready.  Such a tough decision.  I'm not sure how I feel about the rumble seat on the britax though.  That may be the deal breaker.
    I think if you plan to use the stroller on smooth surfaces mostly, you could do the Select but it is kind of hard to push because it's long.  The B-Ready I feel handles terrain much better.  You also can't really curb pop in a City Select with 2 kids in it but you can with the B-Ready. FWIW, my daughter loves the B-Ready lower seat.  It's like a hiding place for her and she can get in and out on her own so she is happy.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"