Birth Stories

I need to know ...

My daughter is 13 years old. I am curently 16 weeks pregnant.

My question is, do they still press down on our stomach after giving birth. I had that with my daughter and I HATED that. I hurt more than labor and delivery.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers For I can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens ME.

Re: I need to know ...

• Yes. We are massaging the top of your uterus, called the fundus, to make sure it is firm. If it isn't, you tend to bleed more. It's an effort to keep you from hemorrhaging. We don't do it to be mean I promise, we just don't want you to bleed out. In fact, if your nurse doesn't check it every 15 minutes the first hour after delivery, she's not monitoring you very well.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kdjuddkdjudd member
    Yes they do. I hated it as well, but it's for the best. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup. And they did it repeatedly throughout that first night. They'd come in and massage my uterus and check to see if I was bleeding and how much.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • imagekvlrn:
    Yes. We are massaging the top of your uterus, called the fundus, to make sure it is firm. If it isn't, you tend to bleed more. It's an effort to keep you from hemorrhaging. We don't do it to be mean I promise, we just don't want you to bleed out. In fact, if your nurse doesn't check it every 15 minutes the first hour after delivery, she's not monitoring you very well.

I am so thankful my nurses were doing that! 3 hours after delivery, we discovered I was hemorrhaging, and were able to get it under control over night. It hurts like crazy, after all you've been through to give birth, but it's a good thing. (the pain meds helped a bit too)

********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• kvlrn said:

Yes. We are massaging the top of your uterus, called the fundus, to make sure it is firm. If it isn't, you tend to bleed more. It's an effort to keep you from hemorrhaging. We don't do it to be mean I promise, we just don't want you to bleed out. In fact, if your nurse doesn't check it every 15 minutes the first hour after delivery, she's not monitoring you very well.

I don't think anyone can call that a massage!!! My nurse pressed so hard and 'massaged' so vigorously that it seemed she was tryin to count my vertebrae!!! I had to hold my hand over my mouth to keep from screaming!
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yes.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yup. My belly button (which was already tender) was pretty much attacked, but it didn't last forever, just like labor and it helped out in the end. 

image image  image  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Really? I didn't have this!

imageimageimage

• I don't remember horrible pain from it, but it is important.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Oh boy, another thing I'm anxious about now.  Well, if it's meant to help then I shan't complain.
    [-X
  • I never had a nurse massage my fundus...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • I remember pushing my doctors hands away when he was doing this right after my delivery with DD!  Lol.  I feel bad now but it was uncomfortable.  Didn't bother me as much a few hours later and for the remaining 'checks' but right after was the worst.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • When i birth a baby i felt very happy because that was the happiest day in my life. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"