3rd Trimester
Options

Confused/Embarressed

amyrose542amyrose542 member
edited October 2013 in 3rd Trimester
My own stupidity has shamed me so much that i cannot bear to leave this up any longer. Please accept my apologies for public stupidity and let me quietly become irrelevant.

Re: Confused/Embarressed

• Options
    [-X
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @amyrose542

I also looked at your post history, and everyone has been pretty much supportive to you AND you thanked them for the support. Are you having a case of amnesia, forgetting only the support the boards have given you?
  • Options
    OP - just out of curiosity...Why'd you post this?
    Yes do tell...

*please don't be a White Knight please don't be a White Knight*

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    So what is your question?
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I don't care if it says she's a member, if she has to ask that then she hasn't been around long. 
  • Options
    Oh...
    So what exactly do you want? I got lost in all of your self-righteous, vomit-inducing whines.

I'm not snarky for no reason. I'm snarky because people post dumb, self-involved, bratty or lacking in common sense things.

Being pregnant (or having a newborn or TTC) does not mean you have to tolerate stupidity or asshattery.

It's actually really disappointing to me that so many mothers of my generation are so incredibly maladjusted that they require "everyone play nice" to function. People will disagree. People will be snarky, but it's usually for good reasons.

Snark just to be bitchy usually gets called out. Very few posters snark just for fun. Personally, I snark if some little bratty poster decides to get attitude w/me.

Lol @not wanting to start drama. You must be extraordinarily naive or a pot-stirrer. You know exactly that there will be drama. It's part of the culture of the boards.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I thought the same thing. I didn't get why people were being so bitchy. But after a night of me newbing it up with someone who was call long time posters and cunt. A few women actually explained to me that most of them have been together for the whole if not most of the pregnancy. They stick together and will call out the people who are asking questions that could easily be searched and answered. Or you get the trolls who just want to start shit (kinda like your post). I also learned that it is rude to be all high and mighty to everyone without even introducing yourself and telling them a bit about you. So if you go about the page with the right etiquette and manners to the long timers, you should be fine.  You will of course get picked on here and there, this is the internet and a free open forum after all. But as long as you can handle a bit of flamage and can stick though without being a baby, you will do fine. Hell like I said I mewbed and was a bitch, but I stuck around because it was my fuck up. I said my peace and am now trying to put my support in and some good pictures or gifs to help. Not to just take constant support without giving any back. 
    I know this all sounds jumbled, but I hope it helps with your question.  
    The sad part is that she isn't just a newb, she's been around the block a time or two, and has never been the blunt of any flaming. We don't understand WHY she is stirring the pot!
  • Options
    Thought this would be funny...
    Girls Will Be Girls

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    amyrose542amyrose542 member
    edited September 2013
    Yah know I guess your all right. I didnt have a good reason for posting this. I was looking at a post saw alot of one person being give bitchy (but fair) replies and got all bent outta shape. I suppose I had a white knight moment and after reading all the posts I realized I was being Naive. Happens I suppose. And I was genuinely curious as to why people seemed to be so ready to tell someone something in a snarky/bitchy tone, I personally cant do it (i'm a softy and I guess the internet has not toughened that up). 
    So as I said i was genuinely curious as to why people were able to do so and again wasnt trying to stir the pot. 

• Options

Yah know I guess your all right. I didnt have a good reason for posting this. I was looking at a post saw alot of one person being give bitchy (but fair) replies and got all bent outta shape. I suppose I had a white knight moment and after reading all the posts I realized I was being Naive. Happens I suppose. And I was genuinely curious as to why people seemed to be so ready to tell someone something in a snarky/bitchy tone, I personally cant do it (i'm a softy and I guess the internet has not toughened that up). 
    So as I said i was genuinely curious as to why people were able to do so and again wasnt trying to stir the pot. 
    So you're asking how we're able to respond without sugar coating it? It's just honesty, IMO. I don't consider that snark or being bitchy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     BFP #1: 3.2.13 | EDD: 10.21.13 | Born: 10.25.13
     BFP #2: 9.9.14 | EDD 5.13.15 | MC: 9.24.14
    BFP #3: 1.4.15 | EDD 8.23.15
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She said 9 out 10 are supportive but some people are just rude which could be the case. I just wish... NM!!!
  • Options
    This post...
  • Options
    I'm not on here, well, ever, so my opinion clearly does not matter (seriously, we need a sarcasm font!!) but I agree about the "not sugar coating" everything...I don't know about you all, but I grew up where there was right and wrong, a winner and a loser, not everyone got a trophy. IMO, that's what this board is about. Questions being answered, honestly. Sometimes it's not what you want to hear, but what you NEED to hear! I'd much rather have someone call me out for being dumb/whiny/annoying when need be! 

That being said, I've realized I haven't properly introduced myself, my apologies! I'm a 28 year old mother of a 3 year old sweet, naughty, super smart boy, the girlfriend of a 40 year old man-child, and due with my second sweet baby boy in 8 weeks. I work with kids, love my job (but seriously want to slap the crap out of some parents for how they've been raising their children!!) and am very happy to be a part of a community where I can ask a question, be it dumb or beaten to the ground, and receive honest feedback. Thank you ladies for being the ones who aren't afraid of being honest and blowing rainbows up our butts! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well now I'm confused! Look all the things I miss now that I have a baby to take care of, shucks!
  • Options
    wh....what?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"