2nd Trimester

Round Ligament Pain

Hi Ladies...

I have had round ligament pain just about every time I set out for a walk. Its in my lower right quadrant closer to my pelvis. It starts as a mild little twinge and then feels like a really far stretched rubber band! Ouch! Makes me have to stop walking. When I stop or go sit down it goes away immediately. Anyone else experience this?

Re: Round Ligament Pain

• Normal. And it doesn't end.  Baby is growing and making space. Almost 37 weeks and was down for a whole day icing my lower left abdomen because baby shifted. 

Best thing is to stretch it out. Get on all fours and do yoga cat/cow and down and upward facing dogs.  Look up the poses on google if you need guidance.  

• I too have been experiencing the round ligament pain but it comes and goes.  Generally when I get up from couch or turn a certain way.  It is a crazy sharp pain that often makes me scream and takes a few minutes to go away.  My husband always gets so concerned bc he hates to see me in pain.  I have been told that it is completely normal and to just be careful when making sudden movements or even when coughing or sneezing.  The bad news is I was told it will likely continue throughout pregnancy and nothing you can really do to prevent them from occurring like exercising or stretching each day.  It could help though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! I'll try the stretching
  • I get it all the time too...I just have to stop and let it pass.  Normal, but not fun!
  • I just went to the doctor yesterday for the same thing! I was just told to do stretching, take it easy, use a "warm" heating pad and take extra strength tylenol as needed. I feel like it is already getting better... for now :) Good Luck!
  • Normal. I had it sooo bad with my first but luckily it hasn't been as bad this time around. Prenatal yoga helped alleviate a lot of the discomfort for me, but like PP said, there are certain stretches you can easily do at home on your own time that will help you out!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"