C-sections

Anyone having a planned C-section due to Crohn's Disease?

I posted this on the high-risk board also. Would really like some advice.

If you have Crohn's Disease do you plan on having a Vaginal delivery or C-Section and why? My doctor said a while ago that it was probably a good idea to do the C-section because of risks of tearing really bad "down there" with a vaginal delivery and having a hard time healing with going to the bathroom multiple times a day. Now I saw her this week and she seems to have changed her mind and wants me to do vaginal. Just wondering what other Crohnies are planning.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone having a planned C-section due to Crohn's Disease?

• I also have Crohn's and my doctor said that he would highly recommend c-section. I have had a lot of trouble with abcesses and fistulas in that area that I don't want to chance something else happening beause of tearing. I really don't want to have a c-section because I feel that I may miss out on part of the "experience" but I also don't want laid up any longer than I already will be.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doctors wanted a vaginal delivery because of all the scar tissue from past surgeries.  I was in labor for 27 hours and pushed for 7 but we finally got him here with a vaginal delivery.

Alison
  • Loading the player...
  • I have ulcerative colitis and was planning to have a normal vaginal delivery with my lo in April. I don't have fistulas or any issues externally. I ended up with an emergency c-section after lo went into distress. I had horrible constipation after the c-section, a big change from the normal issues. Ended up needing to use an enema a few times to get things moving. It was pretty miserable for a couple weeks. On the up side, my UC has been completely under control for almost 6 months since she was born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"