1st Trimester

In the ER waiting on answers...

Started feeling really strange and had a lot of pressure in my lower stomach along with my back killing me. Started spotting so I went to the ER where they have ran lab and done ultrasounds... Been here 2 hours waiting on results. Doctor seemed to think possible miscarriage when I came in. Praying everything's okay.

Re: In the ER waiting on answers...

• Praying for you!!Hang in there!!!
  • They just came in and told me my levels were still really high, from the ultrasound they said I'm only 5 or 6 weeks... No heartbeat yet so they are not sure if it's the start of a miscarriage or what. I have to go next week and have a check up done.
  • Loading the player...
  • Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Praying!!!
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Good luck. Be positive. Thinking of you!
  • Thanks ladies.. The ER I went to doesn't have any OBs working there nor an OB clinic... I had 2 different doctors looking over everything. I had to call yesterday to get my beta levels.. 46,211.. I have an apt on Wed I am hoping to get better news.
  • Yes.. It's taken me forever to find an ob but I do have an appointment with one Wed.
  • Praying for you! the waiting is the worst!

• ER doctors will always tell you it's a threatened miscarriage. They have no experience or knowledge with early pregnancy issues.
    Is this a joke? Or are you actually serious with this comment? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kedbsn said:
    ER doctors will always tell you it's a threatened miscarriage. They have no experience or knowledge with early pregnancy issues.

Very serious.  I hope you never have to experience it for yourself (really, not being snarky).  Anytime you go to the ER, or even OB/L&D triage where they are all OBs with spotting...you'll most likely leave with a threatened miscarriage diagnosis.  We saw the heartbeat and DS moving and I still left with a lovely little sheet saying that.  With DD, it was threatened pre term labor.  ERs/triage are for...well, triage...the real diagnoses are for your specific doctors to make.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• kedbsnkedbsn member
    edited October 2013
    L&R70707 said:
    kedbsn said:
    ER doctors will always tell you it's a threatened miscarriage. They have no experience or knowledge with early pregnancy issues.

Very serious.  I hope you never have to experience it for yourself (really, not being snarky).  Anytime you go to the ER, or even OB/L&D triage where they are all OBs with spotting...you'll most likely leave with a threatened miscarriage diagnosis.  We saw the heartbeat and DS moving and I still left with a lovely little sheet saying that.  With DD, it was threatened pre term labor.  ERs/triage are for...well, triage...the real diagnoses are for your specific doctors to make.
    ER doctors and nurses deal with pregnancy problems on a daily basis. Where do you go when the clinic is closed?  It IS a threatened miscarriage. If you have bleeding, cramping, and a closed cervix, that is a threatened miscarriage. 

To say that ER doctors have no experience of knowledge in pregnancy is laughable. If you had a less than knowledgable ER doctor for a miscarriage, I am very sorry for that, but it certainly is not the norm. They are very knowledgable in signs of a miscarriage, how to do pelvic exams to view the cervix, performing bedside ultrasounds and reading transvaginal ultrasounds. I can honestly say I have gotten more information and ultrasounds with the ER docs I work with than my own OB. 

ETA: I am sorry, I thought you were GhostMonkey. I guess I am confused by the outrage of a threatened miscarriage diagnosis when that is what it is. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Idani said:
    kedbsn said:

Why would this be a joke?  Most ER doctors are not well trained in pregnancy related concerns, a possible miscarriage is what they would likely tell someone in early first tri and have them follow up with an OB.  I'm confused by your question?

See above. Its not cool to be spreading fear by saying "ER staff knows nothing!" when many people here have had to go to the ER for pregnancy problems. They ARE well trained. They are emergency physicians. Treat/rule out the emergent condition, and refer for follow up. 

I am confused by your confusion?  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I kinda have to agree about ER drs. I saw 1 at almost 7 weeks with red blood spotting & she basically told me it was probably a miscarriage & they wudnt do an u/s as the pregnancy was too small to see anything! I was on hol at the time to b honest so as u can imagine I was pretty upset! Luckily we flew home the next day & the day after I saw my OB. Scared to death when I went in...... I came out with his words of 'I'm not seeing any miscarriage sign' & we saw a healthy growing 7 wk bubs with a hb! I'm now 14w1d & bubs still doing great!
    So I'm not slating ER docs but def when it comes to early pregnancy try & c an OB! :o)
  • The ER doctor told me they had no staff on site that knew eno about pregnancy to determine anything. It took 4 hours just for them to read the u/s... And it took an hour for them to do the ultrasound.. The woman didn't know what she was looking for... So while at MOST ERs triage/nurses/doctors are educated on pregnancy, but the one I went to is not. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with an OB.
  • Sending so much good juju your way, good luck with the appointment.

- Married October 27, 2007 - TTC since June 2013 -
  • Idani said:
    kedbsn said:
    Idani said:
    kedbsn said:

Why would this be a joke?  Most ER doctors are not well trained in pregnancy related concerns, a possible miscarriage is what they would likely tell someone in early first tri and have them follow up with an OB.  I'm confused by your question?

See above. Its not cool to be spreading fear by saying "ER staff knows nothing!" when many people here have had to go to the ER for pregnancy problems. They ARE well trained. They are emergency physicians. Treat/rule out the emergent condition, and refer for follow up. 

I am confused by your confusion?  

No one is spreading fear of ER doctors.  YOU Yourself just stated that they treat emergent conditions and then follow up.  It is VERY COMMON for an ER doctor to say it could be a possible M/C and refer to an OB. You are confusing.

OP I hope your appt tomorrow goes well.

Right.  They can treat something that has a treatment.  A threatened miscarriage doesn't have a treatment unless you need progesterone, which you would get from your regular doctor.  They will check and see if the issue you're experiencing will cause YOU harm (i.e. an ectopic or dangerous amounts of blood loss).  Otherwise you will leave there with a bill, a broad diagnosis and guidance to see your doctor.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Wow that is so true. I went to ER on 8/15 and the ER doc told me I had a large bleed going on measured at 3x2cm and told me to reduce stress as much as possible. I was really worried. Last Monday I had my first OB appt and the NP told me that if it was a 10 or 15cm bleed that she'd be worried, but a 3cm bleed is extremely common (normal). I was a little upset with the ER doc after I heard that because it was really stressing me out.
  • Update - I had my first ob apt yesterday and everything is fine with the baby and myself!!! They said there is no sign of a miscarriage and by to worry!
  • Update - I had my first ob apt yesterday and everything is fine with the baby and myself!!! They said there is no sign of a miscarriage and by to worry!
    Woooo hooooooooo!
  • @FirstTimeMama14 Yay! So glad to hear it worked out! Take a deep breath now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and undoubtedly inhabited" - Anne Buchanan
  • Good luck honey, positive thoughts and prayers your way! XOXOXO

~~ Mom to an amazng 2 1/2 year old and expecting AGAIN =) ~~

• Thanks ladies.. Still really nervous about everything... In 2 weeks we get to hear the heartbeat.. Will feel a lot better...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"