LGBT Parenting

Group Intros - Come One, Come All!

Alright... So, in light of the multiple requests in TTT for intros from some of our newer friends, it struck me that all of our newer friends probably want to know those of us who have been around for a while too!

So, in the spirit of group participation, why don't we all use this thread to intro ourselves to the group (whether you just joined, or you have been here for-ever-ever)...

Suggested things to include in your introduction: Relationship status (married, partnered, single parent, etc.); whether you are TTC, Pregnant, Parenting or some combo of those three; Some background about your TTC journey no matter what stage you are; Will you refer to your spouse/partner and yourself with an initial on the boards (i.e. I am K and my wife is J); where you live if you feel comfy sharing; How you identify in terms of orientation if you feel comfy sharing; any pet peeves you wish to share for general awareness; your favorite thing about this board...

So friends, have at it!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Group Intros - Come One, Come All!

• I will start us off since, this was my silly idea!

My TTC history is detailed in my signature, so I won't be redundant, but as many of you know I am now 2dp5dt on my first fresh IVF cycle following 5 unsuccessful IUIs, and we are now the proud moms of 10 embryos in the freezer! :)

My wife and I have been together for 9 years, and we just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary 3 weeks ago. We have an 8 lb dog named Reese (pomeranian/terrier mix) who we love more than anything. We live in Philadelphia. We both identify as Lesbian. I don't usually refer to us with initials, but I reserve the right to in the future, so for that reason I will say that I am K and my wife is J.

My favorite thing about this board is the sense of community.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Cool :) I'd like to see everyone's stories since I'm new-ish (started posting in June/July). 

Relationship status: partnered for a bit over 8 years, not married since it ain't legal (well, it is federally, but we're still trying to figure out what makes more sense to us as a couple still); We are TTC.  Had my very first IUI in August that was a miserable flop due to an incompetent doctor (he tried to trigger me when my biggest follicle was 9 mm - should be double that size.  Convinced he rushed it since he knew our sperm was going to die and felt he needed to do *something* to make it work).  Anyway, lesson learned.  We found a new doctor and we're starting fresh with Clomid in the near future and hoping to get lucky on #2.  I can identify myself as L and DP as C.  We live in southern Indiana (thus our limited access to an RE - have to drive up to Indy for help but it's totally worth the drive IMHO). 

I identify as bisexual even though I'm in a permanent lesbian relationship.  I like the company of men and women but C stole my heart ultimately so there you have it.  I do enjoy grossing my gold star lesbian friends out with tales from my hetero past.

Pet peeve: I have lots of them.  Today it was slow pokes cruising in the left lane at the same speed as the person in the right line.  Some of us have places to go, people!

Favorite thing about this board: how wonderful and positive everyone has been.  There are some real cats on other boards who bully newcomers and it's really not cool.  They laugh at women who genuinely want to share their experiences and obsess over their symptoms.  I don't know if it's bitterness on their part or what, but I really don't appreciate the attitude.  Then when you call them out they're like "It's just a joke!  Chill out!" when really they're being hurtful.

So yeah... great board :) I'm glad to be a part of it, and I thank you ladies for being classy and sweet!

• Loading the player...
  • edited September 2013
    My journey is also in my siggy, but I will also give an intro:

DW and I have been married for almost two years. Although we are not legally married, we had a big wedding with 100 of our family and friends. Had we invited everyone, it would have been more like 200+ and we paid in whole for everything. We have known each other since 1993. Madly in love and ready to start our family. We've been charting for 10 months and TTC for 2. Last month was a wonky first month TTC and I'm glad it is over. We just did three inseminations for this cycle and I'm now 2 or 3dpo, depending on how FF looks at it. So, we're in the 2ww. 

DW is a full-time firefighter/paramedic and also teaches in her spare time. She loves hockey and is her team's goalie. I'm a lawyer and work from home for a firm in NYC. I also love hockey, but do no play. We love hiking/backpacking. We have one furbaby and 19 nieces and nephews. We identify as lesbians. 

I love this board. I like that I can read everyone's journey and see what worked or didn't work for them. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Great idea!  I was just starting to post an intro and wondered what everyone would like to know, so this is very helpful!

Let's start here:

I am with my girlfriend of about a year.  We have shared custody with my ex-husband of N, who's 7 months old.  We aren't currently looking to start trying for number two, but plans of a second child with my girlfriend and I will definitely be in the future.  :)

I don't really have a TTC story as N was conceived with my ex-husband so I really appreciate all the explanations that everyone gives when explaining their stories!

On the boards I typically refer to the girls in my life (my girlfriend and baby) and B (girlfriend) and N (daughter).  I am C, although I don't think I have referred to myself this way at all yet.  B, N and I live in WI, pretty close to the Minnesota border.  B and I both identify as lesbian.

I LOVE how accepting this board is.  And although I'm still fairly new I feel like I 'know' quite a few of you pretty well already :)
  • KH826  this is a great idea!  I wish there was a way to keep a thread like this at the top of the board.  Then new people could read it and get "caught up" on everyone.  And it helps people keep everyone straight.  I sometimes get people confused or forget who is together.

My wife and I are legally married and just celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary.  We got married in Niagara Falls, NY on 9/10/11.  We have been together for almost 4 years.  We have two little furbabies that are our children for now.  We have been TTC on and off since the beginning of this year.  We are seeing an RE to monitor things, but doing the insemination's at home with a known donor.  I usually refer to my wife as DW or as G, she is also on this board but doesn't post too much.  Her screen name is trisholiosboi.

As far as this board is concerned, I guess I do have a pet peeves :-)  I would prefer if people did introduce themselves and do a little research on their own.  We read books and read posts online for probably a year before we started TTC and I didn't want to ask dumb questions so I tried to find answers on my own.  That is just me.  I feel like there should be some respect for the women that have been TTC for a long time.  I even made the comment to my wife last month that if I got pregnant on my first month of Clomid then I would feel bad because I know so many women on here that have been trying for so long.  And my other pet peeve is when someone joins the board and then has to comment on every single post in the last week.  I might just be crabby, so if this comes across as bitchy sorry :-)
    My favorite thing about this board is the supportive women, knowledgeable women and getting to know all of you great people.  I sometimes talk about you like my 'real' friends, my wife makes fun of me.
    Thank you for being so awesome!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• @newmompeanut Wisconisn is the best!  I would totally move there if my family and friends didn't live in Indiana.  I'm visiting your beautiful state in October to go to the Dells on Tap and go to Sundara Spa.  Looooooooooove Wisconsin.
  • @trishollo, B makes fun of me because I talk about some of you like you are my 'real' friends too!  Some days I even get the question of 'what happen on the bump today'?  :)
  • Great idea! 

My wife (C) and I had a wedding in Hawaii 3 years ago.  It was not legal but it was important for us to have a 'normal' wedding with friends and (some) family.  We wanted to be legally married before we had a child for legal reasons.  Our state recgonizes same sex marriage...actually they just passed it a couple weeks ago! So we got legally married in Boston.

We did insemination through a fertility doctor and it worked first try.  It was a miracle! Baby girl is 6 months old already! Time sure flies! My wife will carry the next baby and we will start TTC next June.  We have 9 vials sperm from the same donor, so hoping it works....he is an inactive donor now and we bought the last of the vials.  Makes me a little nervous, especially if we want 3 kiddos.

My pet peeve is rude people on other boards.  I agree with everyone else on this.  Some people think because they are behind a computer that they can be nasty! I love this board and I am happy that we can share experiences and ask questions without the snark remarks.  

Happy Tuesday!

• Hello everyone :) I've been around for a few months, but here goes nothing.

My wife (K) and I (M) have been married for 4 months, together for 2.5 years. We live in Michigan with our four pups, two cats, and a tortoise. I work from home doing customer service and K works in finance for a college. We both identify as lesbians.

We are in the early stages of TTC, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and diabetes so we are getting those in check before beginning IUI. I will (most likely) be the carrier of our children with donor sperm (unless it is deemed medically impossible for me to carry). So now I am crabby because all of the medical bills keep coming in (from bloodwork and HSG and office visits) and I feel like we haven't even DONE anything. /end rant

I think this is a great idea :)

K isn't on the boards, although she does lurk every so often from work :-P

M: 25  DW: 26
    Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1
    Lesbian mamas to our fur babies
    11/13 - Waiting for test results to get the party started!

• AmandaG47AmandaG47 member
    edited September 2013

Great idea @KH826 !

I have been following this board for about 3 years and have been cheering on all you veteran ladies from afar :) I have really only posted a handful of times and keep meaning to post more (not just stalk ;) ) but I have limited access to internet during the week and haven't been able to keep up. 

Anyways, I am A, and my wife J is pregnant with our twins.  We are 15w4d and just heard their little heartbeats this morning.  We were TTC for about 7 months and got pregnant on our first try but lost that baby at about 10w. We live in the Boston area, but are Seattlites at heart and plan to move back someday, although we do like it here. 

No bump related pet peeves. I have really enjoyed "getting to know" everyone here (even though it has mostly been a one way street at this point) and really want to get more involved.  It is so nice having this community when we don't know any LGBT peeps in real life TTC or with kids. So thank you everyone!

My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• I'm J. Soon to be wife to K. We met on my 21st birthday over 6 years ago but have been dating for 3 years.

We live in Colorado she comes from a very small farm town and I come from a very large beach city.

I am currently 10 weeks pregnant. We got our BFP on our 4th cycle. 3 iuis with a missed cycle in the middle.

No real pet peeves but I will say that I didn't know about this board until after I was pregnant. I am still very active on another lgbt board through a different website. There, there is boards for lgbt TTC and pregnancy and the pregnancy boards are broken up into 4 seasons so you can get to know other lgbt families going through the same thing at the same time.
    I started lurking there and researching what everyone was saying a month before our re consult then I slowly started adding to conversations. A even have a real life friend on those boards.
    I love this board because of Tuesday and Fridays!!! I love that its not just TTC and pregnancy talk :)
  • songbird31songbird31 member
    edited September 2013
    I'll join in as I haven't been on the board for forever, but for a while certainly. I started following the board after our missed O on our second cycle in October last year and introduced myself after our failed iui in December. We were ready to take a break after month 4 but I ended up getting lucky with our first femera cycle in early jan. there's more info in my siggy or there should be. I haven't logged on to the website in a while. We are blessed that while we knew heartache from ttc, it was short lived and we know how blessed we are. I am due with our first child next week.

s and I have been together 7 years and we had a ceremony in HI 2.5 years ago. It's not legal in our state so we're not overly concerned right now with that but we will consider making it legal if it makes sense financially, etc.

It can be intimidating to join the conversation and I had never joined a group like this before, but if anyone is lurking, come on out, no one on here bites and you control what you share. I don't really have pet peeves on here except that its such a welcoming group, there's just no need to lurk. But considering the type of app the bump is I can see how pp would not know about us Until becoming pregnant.

Welcome any newbies, whether you are ttc, new parents, or newly pregnant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My partner, who is Manada on this board, and I have been together for a bit over 2.5 years. We had a Love Party in June of this year and also got legally married at that time. We live in Toronto. I'm 32 and she's 31.

We had our first meeting with an RE last October (coming up on our TTC anniversary). Since we had two people excited to get pregnant and we were both relatively young, we thought our biggest problem (other than buying sperm) would be deciding which of us would go first. We went into our first RE meeting planning to start with M (I call her M or Manada on this board because she's also here and I figure it is less confusing--but it is still a bit weird for me because in real life her name does not start with M). The RE did bloodwork and an ultrasound and we were due to come back in a few weeks to get the results and talk about our plan (which was to start trying to conceive actively in April). Shortly after that meeting, M and I decided that it made more sense for us to start with me since I'm doing my PhD and, therefore, have more flexibility with my time to stay home and do first year breastfeeding.

Within two days of making that decision, M got a call from the RE that her bloodwork indicated she has diminished ovarian reserve. Given her AMH levels, her ovarian age is about ten years older than her real age. When we met with the RE in person, she recommended that if we wanted a chance of getting M pregnant with her own eggs, we start right away (not even wait until April, and especially not wait until two years after I conceived when we would be ready for #2). So, to make an already really long story a little shorter, we cried a lot at the news of M's shitty AMH levels and got ourselves ready to start TTC in early Dec (which was only two weeks away at that point).

Since the plan was always to also try with me, we both did our HSGs in December while we were starting to TTC with M. The HSG revealed that I had a blocked left fallopian tube. After 4 unsuccessful IUIs with M (one natural, one with femara, one with clomid, and one with injectables), none of which had produced more than two mature follicles, we decided to move on to trying IUIs with me. At my first monitoring appointment in May we found that I had cysts. A few days later, they found that I had a hydrosalpinx (my left fallopian tube was filling with fluid). This needed to be dealt with before we could try to get me pregnant, so we I went in for laparoscopic surgery on June 3 to remove my left tube. While they were in there, the RE found stage four (most severe) endometriosis, which had caused the tube to be blocked and the cysts. And even though the right tube hadn't shown up as blocked on my initial HSG, my RE found that it was in even worse shape than my left, so both tubes were removed.

We plan to do IVF in late November using my eggs and transferring first into me. We hope to be able to get pregnant this way and freeze embryos for a second pregnancy that M would carry. In the mean time, we have "extra" sperm that we bought when we thought that we would be doing IUIs with me and our donor left the program. So we have already done one more (the 5th) IUI with M and it was a BFN. We are on cycle day 8 for our 6th and last (for now?) IUI with M. Depending on how things go with IVF and with everything, we may or may not return in the future to more IUIs with M.

Yeah, so um, probably most of you don't need that much info about our journey. But that's a bit of context for all the facts in my signature.

I identify as a d.y.ke and as queer. I had to write "d.y.ke" because last time I tried to spell it regularly the Bump got rid of it.

As some folks already know from a previous thread, my "pet peeve" (although I don't like calling it that because for me it is about community, politics, identity, and acceptance not just personal preference) is the use of the word "ladies" to refer to the whole group. I totally understand the place of love, community, and affection that this term comes from for those who use it, but since some (many?) of us don't identify as ladies and/or have partners who do not, I would love to see other terms used instead. My personal favorite (because my dad is from the south?) is "folks" as in "Hey folks." :)

Like others, I love TTT and GTKY Friday!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Myself and R my gf (partner) have been together 3 years in November.  We did the long distance thing with a lot of driving for the first year then she moved to MA and we moved in together two years ago. 

We have both always known we wanted kids and I feel lucky to have found someone who I know will parent with me so well. 

I have spent the last year saving money to begin the TTC journey and had a goal for myself which I reached in July.  Had all my fertility testing done in August everything came back good other then my thyroid was a little high (?) With that all said my RE told me to start using OPK as of the 23rd of this month and once I have my LH surge will be doing my first IUI the next day. 

I am happy to have found such a welcoming group. I have been researching online about all this for the past year + which R will constantly tease me about but reading others journeys will hopefully help me be more realistic with mine.

I tried to aid a sig (hopefully it works)

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Hi All :-)

My wife EV and I have been married for 9 years and living together for 13 years.  She was actually my first girlfriend in college, but we didn't move in together until we were 22/23.  We had a wedding ceremony and are registered domestic partners here in CA but haven't officially gotten married since the laws changed.  We will likely "get hitched" again before baby is born in the end of April 2014.

We started our TTC in December 2008.  We tried 4 at home IVI insemination's with frozen donor sperm and 1 IUI with also with frozen donor sperm.  After a consultation with an RE who wanted to do a D&C (to create a smooth uterine lining and take care of a polyp) and then start intensive hormone treatment and several IUI's before planning IVF we were a little spooked and didn't have the financial funds to proceed so we took a break. In March 2010 we came back from a mini-family reunion (my side) and I had caught the baby bug. So we rushed the process and did one at home IUI with a midwife and frozen donor sperm and were pregnant. Unfortunately we lost the pregnancy in June 2010 at 13.5 weeks (10.5 weeks developmentally). We were devastated, I don't think I have ever faced something so difficult. We continued our TTC journey in September 2010 with 2 IUI's that month (different cycles) using an at home midwife and frozen donor sperm. I was off on our try's by days on at least one attempt, the stress of trying and spending thousands per try were getting to me and we were planning a potential break or change to our process. We decided to try with a known donor. Our KD is wonderful, we love him and working with him is so easy. He will likely be in Kaden's life on and off like a distant uncle which is our perfect scenario.   We tried 4 ICI's (performed by EV) in October 2010 and got pregnant. Resulting in our son born at 41 weeks on July 13th (a Friday). We had a natural birth at home, and Kaden was born in the water (of the birthing tub). It was such a great experience. My favorite part (aside from having family and friends around) was that we were BBQing the backyard and hour or so after he was born.  :-)
    We decided to TTC again once Kaden turned one.  We did 3 ICI's (performed by EV) in August 2013 and received a surprise BFP. Surprise because I spotted and bleed lightly around the time of AF, I had thought I was out for the cycle and was already planning Septembers try.  I was taking my temps which kept rising and eventually led me to take a HPT.  I was so shocked. Probably as shocked as I can imagine a lesbian who purposefully tried to get pregnant could be.  LOL I woke  EV up with "Come look at this somethings wrong - I'm getting positive pregnancy tests".  I am still cautiously optimistic for this pregnancy. I'll feel better once we get an u/s and pass into the 2nd trimester :-)

We are currently relocating to the SF Bay area. Likely the East Bay (Berkeley, Oakland, etc.).   We used to live up North and took a vacation of sorts and moved to the Caribbean island of Roatan, Honduras where we bought a vacation property in May 2013.  I loved it there and look forward to going back for vacation (hopefully this winter). But we decided to settle back in CA for the time being, so job searching and house searching has commenced. :-)

I have loved this board since my first pregnancy. There is so much support, wisdom and humor here. It's been great to see families grow and change, new faces and old alike.
  • I introduced myself back when I initially joined the board a little less than a year ago. Then my wife and I decided we weren't quite ready yet, so I disappeared for a while. I have been back on since about May or June but not sure if I ever reintroduced myself at that time. Anyway...

My wife, C, and I have been together for just over 2.5 years. September 29 will be our one year wedding anniversary. We both identify as lesbians.

Our first appointment with a RE was this past July. I did a lot of reading and research beforehand. We actively started TTC in August. I will be the one to carry. C is adamant that she does not want to. Our first cycle was a BFN. Our second IUI was today and was much different than the first. To say it was unpleasant would be an understatement. We have one vial left and are hoping we won't have to use it yet. We will know in two weeks.

I don't have any pet peeves about the board. Everyone is very welcoming and helpful. I didn't feel comfy posting on the TTC Monday thread until we actually started the process. That was just my own thing though. I try to do TTT but I don't always.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• I forgot to post where we live...Western NY, south of Buffalo and close to the PA border.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• I think I might be the person who has been here the longest. Which makes me sad since I am not pregnant and do not have a baby. :(

I am 35.  I live in MA with my wife, S -- we got married in 2007 and just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.  We have been TTC (my body, my eggs, and an ID-release sperm donor) for 27 months.

We wanted to start out low-intervention, so we began with unmedicated IUIs with a midwife practice.  After 4 BFNs, I decided to switch to an RE.  IUIs #5 and #6 were also BFNs and showed low motile counts in the sperm, so we switched to a new donor.  We gave him two more shots (two more BFNs), then decided to medicate.  For IUI #9, I took Clomid and responded poorly.  It was a BFN and my RE gave me the option of switching to injectable meds or doing IVF.  I didn't feel great about the multiples risk with injectables -- and my insurance covers IVF -- so we did an IVF cycle last fall.  I responded well, ended up with 5 fantastic-looking embryos to freeze, transferred 1 and got pregnant, but it ended in miscarriage.  I kind of fell apart, was diagnosed with depression and an anxiety disorder, went on meds, and got better.  Transferred a frozen embryo in the spring, got pregnant, and miscarried.  We are currently preparing to transfer two embryos in October and are just hoping like hell that at least one sticks and is healthy.  I've had repeat loss testing (for autoimmune, blood clotting, and hormone issues), karyotyping (chromosomes), and a hysteroscopy, all of which looked normal.

As has been discussed a lot today, sometimes this board can be hard for me with all the people coming and going and getting pregnant while I stand by without success, but I do wish everyone well and try to be happy for others' successes.  Some days it's harder than others to congratulate a one-hit wonder but I've gotten better at it, I think.  At this point I am pretty sure @Jazibel has actually lapped me! :)  The great part of course is the community -- I know I've got amazing women rooting for me on here.  They will be the first ones to congratulate me when I have success and if I have another loss I know they will help me back up again.  Couldn't do this without you FOLKS! :)
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay here is my story:

I am 26 weeks pregnant with my bean, and this is my first and only pregnancy (as far as I can see anyway).  I used an anonymous donor, did IUI at my RE's office, and have had an amazing experience with some really great doctors, from me RE to my OB now.  I live near Fort Worth, TX, and I wasn't sure how doctors were going to react to me wanting to have a baby, but I have had nothing but awesome people around.  I am having a boy and I couldn't be more excited.

I have two furbabies, two weenie dogs, Molly and Gigi and they are my babies!!  They really light up my life and are my snuggle babies.  I work in Ft Worth, at the medical examiner's office as an Investigator, which I have been doing for about 10 years now.  I work with a bunch of old retired cops, most of which are like my second family.  Most people at work are really excited that I am having a baby, and this week especially (since I have officially "popped") everyone asked me all kinds of questions about my little bean. 

I kind of stumbled on this board by accident, and every since I did, I have loved it!  Everyone on here is real and going through what I am going through which really helps me not feel like it is me (and bean) against the world! 

BabyFetus Ticker

• healz413 said:
    As some folks already know from a previous thread, my "pet peeve" (although I don't like calling it that because for me it is about community, politics, identity, and acceptance not just personal preference) is the use of the word "ladies" to refer to the whole group. I totally understand the place of love, community, and affection that this term comes from for those who use it, but since some (many?) of us don't identify as ladies and/or have partners who do not, I would love to see other terms used instead. My personal favorite (because my dad is from the south?) is "folks" as in "Hey folks." :)
    As always, your statements are much more eloquent than mine!
    :) I was excited to see yours. I took a long time drafting the whole fertility story so I didn't see your post until after I posted.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • healz413 said:
    As always, your statements are much more eloquent than mine!

I always say ladies.  I didn't know it was a pet peeve, I must have missed that post :-)  oops

ball.and.chain-I want you to know I think of you all of the time.  I can't imagine all that you have gone thru.  Lots of love to you and your woohaa :-)

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• I think I might be the person who has been here the longest. Which makes me sad since I am not pregnant and do not have a baby. :(

I am 35.  I live in MA with my wife, S -- we got married in 2007 and just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.  We have been TTC (my body, my eggs, and an ID-release sperm donor) for 27 months.

We wanted to start out low-intervention, so we began with unmedicated IUIs with a midwife practice.  After 4 BFNs, I decided to switch to an RE.  IUIs #5 and #6 were also BFNs and showed low motile counts in the sperm, so we switched to a new donor.  We gave him two more shots (two more BFNs), then decided to medicate.  For IUI #9, I took Clomid and responded poorly.  It was a BFN and my RE gave me the option of switching to injectable meds or doing IVF.  I didn't feel great about the multiples risk with injectables -- and my insurance covers IVF -- so we did an IVF cycle last fall.  I responded well, ended up with 5 fantastic-looking embryos to freeze, transferred 1 and got pregnant, but it ended in miscarriage.  I kind of fell apart, was diagnosed with depression and an anxiety disorder, went on meds, and got better.  Transferred a frozen embryo in the spring, got pregnant, and miscarried.  We are currently preparing to transfer two embryos in October and are just hoping like hell that at least one sticks and is healthy.  I've had repeat loss testing (for autoimmune, blood clotting, and hormone issues), karyotyping (chromosomes), and a hysteroscopy, all of which looked normal.

As has been discussed a lot today, sometimes this board can be hard for me with all the people coming and going and getting pregnant while I stand by without success, but I do wish everyone well and try to be happy for others' successes.  Some days it's harder than others to congratulate a one-hit wonder but I've gotten better at it, I think.  At this point I am pretty sure @Jazibel has actually lapped me! :)  The great part of course is the community -- I know I've got amazing women rooting for me on here.  They will be the first ones to congratulate me when I have success and if I have another loss I know they will help me back up again.  Couldn't do this without you FOLKS! :)
    I am keeping all fingers, toes, elbows and knees crossed for your October cycle and a healthy pair of twins!!  :-)
  • Finally home!

I'm L and my wife is Z.  We have been together since November 2007 - almost 6 years!  I consider November 2007 as the beginning of our relationship even though I was CERTAIN for months that she was not "the one" and told her as much many times.  Thankfully, she didn't listen to me because I was completely wrong.  Z and I had a wedding in Austin, TX, where we live, in February 2012.  We haven't gotten legally married yet, but plan to soon.  We both identify as lesbians.

We started TTC in March 2012.  We had 3 Femara IUI cycles (on me) with ID-release donor sperm.  We became pregnant with the third cycle.  We had a NT scan at 11w5d where we found out that our baby had an abnormally high nuchal fold measurement.  We had a CVS a few days later, which confirmed a diagnosis of Trisomy 18, a chromosomal disorder that is considered "incompatible with life."  We also found out through the CVS that our baby was a boy.  We were forced with a really devastating decision and we chose to TFMR (terminate for medical reasons) at 13w1d in August 2012. I'm tearing up as I type this.  It was a traumatizing experience and thinking about it still makes me shudder.  I have always been really open about our experience because there was a sense of shame I felt about our decision and I never want another woman/couple facing such a decision to feel alone or ashamed.  We need to talk about losses in all shapes and forms.

I felt ready enough to start trying again by January 2013.  We became pregnant after our second Femara IUI cycle.  It was really difficult to enjoy the first trimester.  Besides feeling physically lousy, Z and I were scared and anxious.  We chose to have the Maternity 21 test (covered by my insurance even though I'm not yet 35 due to our first baby's diagnosis) and we found out by 14w that our baby BOY tested negative for the major trisomies.  I was still very anxious up until the A/S and then again until our boy started becoming very active.  Even though nasty thoughts still pop into my head, I mostly feel confident that we are going to have a healthy boy in our arms by the end of November (or maybe very early December!).

I don't know exactly what drew me to this board, but I love being a part of it.  We are friends with two sets of lesbian couples who have experience TTC, but it's still nice to find community here.  My pet peeve is when people start posting actively for a couple of weeks, then disappear.  But, everybody has their own story and things going on IRL, so I get it.  I also can totally relate to it being tough to be happy for someone else's BFP - I found out my SIL was pregnant with her 4th a few weeks after my loss and I nearly lost it.  And, this was my SIL!  Carrying my niece!  It was just really tough - she never had any problems getting pregnant, never experienced a loss, and it was just too much to bear for a while.

Anywho, to end on a happy note, this is a lovely corner of the interwebz that can be an incredible support system.  Glad to be part of it. :)
  • I'm going to keep this intro short since my little one suppose to be asleep. I'm Crystal (bisexual), my partner of 15 years is S (non gender identified), and our son, whom I call "Little Bear" or LB for short. We live in Western Washington. I had used a known donor to get pregnant with LB. We tried him again to conceive baby #2, but it hasn't work. He is no longer interested, so we'll be in search for a new donor later for one more attempt. I, not my partner, would love to have a second child. I've been using/visiting/posting on this board since July 2009, right after I had found out we were expecting.
    The only pet peeves I have is the dirty drama that I dislike seeing. Otherwise, this is the best board to vent and share our joys and celebrations/hopes. I want to congratulate all the ones who have shown strength and courage -- keep going! One way or another, I hope you'll get your family!
  • Hi Everyone,

Healz, or H, gave our TTC/IF story - so I won't repeat it.

We are coming to the end of TTC with my eggs. The process has been traumatic and painful so in many ways I am glad to be moving on - but I am also scared, anxious and grieving in many ways. As H mentioned, infertility didn't cross our minds at all as we started this journey a year ago. In the past year we have had so many bouts of crying and hoping that it has been really hard. I am still processing... My primary goal as an adult has always been to be a Mom, so I am currently working on adjusting my understanding of how that will come to be.

We live in Toronto, and are grateful for the support of our families and friends and the health care system which has been paying for our cycle monitoring so far.

As for pet peeves, I don't have many except really the whole "I have X symptom - am I pregnant?!" Posts that (thankfully!) doesn't happen on this board but is frequent on other boards... But part of this is definitely my IF brain having gotten a bit jaded over the past while.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• I'd like to apologize for my liberal use of the term "ladies" - I use it on my friends all the time so that's my familiar term but I will stick with "folks" from now on :) I preach inclusion all the time, so I need to be better in practice!

I am guilty of newbie hysteria so I hope I didn't annoy anyone initially.

• I am a day late, but thought I should update anyways.

My wife (L) and I were married Aug 2012 started TTC in Jan 2013.  We were lucky that our third IUI (non medicated with trigger) using frozen open ID donor was successful.  I am carrying and am almost 31 weeks with our first child.  My wife has decided after "watching" me first that she has no desire to carry in the future.  She likes to convince me that I am "really good at it" so I should continue to carry if/when we are ready for more children.  We both identify as lesbian and live in the St Louis area.  I really enjoy this board but don't post on other bump boards as they are way to snarky for me.  
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • I am finally on the computer and can post.  At least while my phone is downloading the new operating system.

Let's get to know me...  Hi I'm Jen, I like long walks on the beach but I live in effing Indiana.  With my dear wife Amanda.  Or as I like to call her... Captain Awesomepants.  We are in our second TWW.  Day seven to be exact.  I had a false positive for ovulation on our last IUI try but we are hoping all the signs are pointing to a baby this time.  But I guess we all are.  CA and I have been together for almost two years and have been not legally married for almost one year.  Stupid Indiana laws.  I knew I would marry her by our fourth date.  I was smitten.  I just had to convince her.  We are both big ole lesbians.  

I came to the Bump because my bestie (straight married mother of two) told me how it helped her through her first and second.  I gave it a try and love how supportive all of the ladies on this board are.  I guess that's about all I can think of.  Have a wonder weekend everyone!
  • Hi all.  I’ve been lurking for about a month.  My birth month board almost scared me away from The Bump but this board seems really welcoming and friendly.  I hope you’ll all have me. :-h

My partner, S, and I, J, have been together 15 years.  We live in Oregon and have a Registered Domestic Partnership but we have decided to wait to get married until we can have a ceremony (which we’ve always said we’d do when it was legal federally).  We both identify as lesbians.

We have a 6 year old daughter and are 13 weeks pregnant with a sibling for her.  Prior to our daughter we had a ruptured ectopic at 6w2d (amazingly I was able to keep my tube since the embryo popped out the end instead of the side) and a miscarriage at 18w0d due to Turner Syndrome.  We named her Emma and our 6 year old refers to her as her sister.  While the experience was profoundly sad I truly believe it has made us better parents.  I have carried all the pregnancies since S has no interest in it.  I have PCOS but I’ve responded well to metformin, clomid, and the trigger shot.  To acheive my 4(!) pregnancies I have done a total of 12 rounds of clomid (2 cycles canceled) and 10 IUIs with frozen donor sperm.  It took 3 cycles to get my BFP this time.  Things are looking good so far.  I had my blood drawn for the MaterniT21 Plus test on Tuesday so we in the midst of waiting for results.  That’s a little nerve wrecking.

So, that's me.  Looking forward to getting to know you all (outside of lurkdom).

J (33), DP S (33) together 15 years

Our TTC/Pregnancy history:

S has no know fertility issues and no desire to carry

I have PCOS, treatment with metformin, clomid, trigger shot, and IUI with frozen donor sperm

Pregnancy #1 Ruptured ectopic at 6w2d (2nd IUI, 3rd round of clomid)

Pregnancy #2 Miscarriage at 18w0d due to Turner Syndrome (shocked by BFP on 1st IUI).  Our little Emma will always be in our hearts.

Pregnancy #3 Amazing girl born at 38w0d (4th IUI, after many, many months off due to ovarian cysts). Our Jellybean is now 6 years old!

Now cautiously expecting another addition (3rd IUI).

• Welcome, @jellybeanmomx2!  And congrats on your pregnancy.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Hi all :)
    I am brand new here. I found this board while trying to research "what to expect" during/after laparoscopic surgery and am delighted by how friendly everyone here appears to be (based on what I've read so far) in comparison to another board I've been at where I basically feel shunned. :(

Also, @StacyLH24, I see that your wedding anniversary is today, so congrats to you both!

My partner, Smurf, and I have been together for about 3.5 yrs now. We were "set up" by a mutual friend and at first Smurf was reluctant because of our age difference (14 yrs) but love won out and here we are today. We bought a house and have been living together for a couple of years now. We both identify as gay. She is an engineer and I am a virtual assistant and bookkeeper.

I have severe PCOS and have been asking for a hysterectomy since my early twenties but obviously doctors are reluctant to do that for someone so young. So this past June, Smurf and I talked, and we agreed that we would try to have a baby and if it didn't happen I would really start to push for the hysterectomy. My doctor happily sent in the referral to the fertility clinic at the local hospital and we met with our fertility specialist for the first time in August. We both love him.  He agreed with our decision for me to carry the child because of Smurf's age and an HSG was scheduled to rule out any issues and the plan was to just go into the donor program and go on our merry way. Didn't turn out that way... the rest is in my signature.

Since learning and going through all this, I've become something of an information sponge... trying to learn everything that I can and trying to remain positive at the same time. I'm fairly new to this journey though, so I'm sorry in advance if I ask or say something "dumb." It's not intentional! I look forward to getting to know you. :)

LM

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• Thank you @lamaitresse

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Welcome @jellybeanmomx2 and @lamaitresse. Look out for the TTC and Pregnancy check ins on Monday. :)
  • Welcome @jellybeanmomx2 and @lamaitresse! This board is a great one and there is a great sense of support and community here. @jellybeanmomx2 good luck with your MaterniT21 test. I had the test done myself and know that waiting for the results is hard.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Hi TwoMomsInTX.  I also have PCOS and have managed to get pregnant 4 times and my losses had nothing to do with my condition.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.  I would strongly recommend getting on Metformin early (several months before TTC).  It can help with weight loss as well.  Good luck with your journey!

J (33), DP S (33) together 15 years

Our TTC/Pregnancy history:

S has no know fertility issues and no desire to carry

I have PCOS, treatment with metformin, clomid, trigger shot, and IUI with frozen donor sperm

Pregnancy #1 Ruptured ectopic at 6w2d (2nd IUI, 3rd round of clomid)

Pregnancy #2 Miscarriage at 18w0d due to Turner Syndrome (shocked by BFP on 1st IUI).  Our little Emma will always be in our hearts.

Pregnancy #3 Amazing girl born at 38w0d (4th IUI, after many, many months off due to ovarian cysts). Our Jellybean is now 6 years old!

Now cautiously expecting another addition (3rd IUI).

• Hello! The side effects of metformin will definitely subside, but you just have to keep taking it. What seemed to work for me at the beginning was taking it in the middle of my meal. Also, pcos is not a fertility death diagnosis, so don't worry too much!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"