April 2014 Moms
Options

Breathing a sigh of relief

So now I am officially in my 2nd trimester and I cannot tell you how relieved I am! I finally finally feel like ok this is happening I am having a baby! I have spent the last 3 months agonizing every day, almost every hour thinking something was going to go horribly wrong. My husband and I had tried for 4 years to get pregnant with no luck, not even on clomid did we get a positive test. Then last October I was diagnosed with stage 2b cervical cancer. I was so distraught over the thought of a hysterectomy and potentially loosing the chance to ever have a baby so my doctor decided to just try chemo and radiation with partial removal of a portion of the cervix. And luckily this approach worked and after 5 months of chemo and rads, loosing weight, hair and hope I was cancer free in March of this year. But I was told that although I still had all my parts there was only a 3-5% chance I would ever conceive. In July I was having weird symptoms and decided to take a pregnancy test, it took 4 at home tests to even convince myself it was not a fluke, then I wouldn't even let myself think it was a real pregnancy (I kept thinking chemical or ectopic) until I saw my doctor. When it was confirmed I was pregnant I was at first overjoyed and then terrified. I kept telling myself not to get my hopes up that because my cervix is narrow now from scarring or that the scarring itself was going to cause a miscarriage so I never let myself believe I was going to be a mama. Now in to my second trimester my doctor has removed me from being high risk and I am getting very excited!!! I'm still terrified but my wonderful husband bought me an at home Doppler and had our dr show him how to use it and he showed me so I can listen to baby whenever I feel anxious or worried. I honestly don't know what I would have done the lasts few weeks without it :) anyway I am just trying to get I to the whole I'm pregnant and going to be a mama thing and thought I would start here! Thank you

Re: Breathing a sigh of relief

• Options
    So happy for you!!!!

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Dang. That's a pretty good praise!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What an awesome story! I'm so happy I got to read it and share in your joy. Hooray for making it to 2nd tri!

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So happy for you! congratulations :-)
  • Options
    That is wonderful!  Congratulations on making it to the second trimester!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    So, so happy for you!
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Options
    So happy for you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wow! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you and wish you a happy next 6 months til baby arrives :)

• Options
    Congrats!
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    So happy for you!! I pray that your entire pregnancy will continue to be happy and healthy, you deserve it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    So happy for you! This is a HUGE milestone and I hope that the next 6 months are so incredibly wonderful and exciting for you.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Options
    What an amazing story!!! So happy for you mama :)
  • Options
    Yayy!! Congrats :)
                                                                         Image result for i breastfed my baby 1 year

• Options
    What a wonderful story! This is your little miracle baby. Congrats!
  • Options
    What an amazing story! Congrats to you and your hubby. This baby will truly be blessed to have been wanted and desired for so long.
    And what a telling reminder to the rest of us how precious these little beans really are :)
  • Options
    Congrats! Thank you for sharing with us your story. So excited and happy for you and your family.
  • Options
    Wow! That is an amazing story. I am so happy for you! I treared up a little reading this. Babies are always Miracles and blessing but that goes 1000X more in your case. I am so glad things are working out for you and you have my prayers for a wonderful outcome.
  • Options
    What a great story! Thank you for sharing :) And I wish you a happy and healthy second and third trimester. 
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  What an amazing story!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Girl: 2014/4/25  K: Born 2012/02/20
    BFP 12/31/2010; missed m/c @ 6w1d, medical m/c(Misoprostol)@ 13w2d.    My Blog

• Options
    Definitely shed some tears reading this! Congrats Mama!! I'm so incredibly happy for you!!

• Options
    So happy for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wonderful news! So happy for you!
  • Options
    Aw, i am so happy for you! What a story!
  • Options
    What an incredible story!!!  So very happy for you!
  • Options
    So happy for you! Congrats !!!
  • Options
    What a heartwarming story!  Congrats to you and your husband!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    Wow! That's great. Congratulations!
    BFP #1: 11/19/08 DD born 07/23/09 ~ BFP #2 :3/15/11 Natural MC 3/30/11 - 4/13/11~ BFP #3: 10/4/11 DD #2 born 06/09/12 ~
    BFP #4: 08/07/13 EDD 4/18/14

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"