November 2011 Moms

2nd birthday soon!

With DS's 2nd birthday around the corner, I was just wondering if any of you other November mommies know what they're getting their LOs and what kind of theme you're doing!?

Re: 2nd birthday soon!

• DS is all boy and loves construction vehicles. I haven't looked into it all yet, but I imagine it will be something like that or Cars themed. I'm so excited that we get to have the party at our house. The only real expense will be food and decorations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're doing a Cars theme. He's obsessed with Mater and Lightning McQueen so it was a no brainer. I don't think we are going to get him much, if anything, for his birthday. Our families have already bought him gifts so he won't know the difference.
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO is also in love with Mater and lightning so I will be turning my backyard into a drive in and will be playing the movie. I have tons of boxes so I figured they can decorate the cars and will be having drive in movie foods. Can't wait
  • gina2433 said:
    My LO is also in love with Mater and lightning so I will be turning my backyard into a drive in and will be playing the movie. I have tons of boxes so I figured they can decorate the cars and will be having drive in movie foods. Can't wait

That's an awesome idea! Kuddos!

• DS1 actually turns 2 in a week.  I can't believe it.  We are just having family over and will be doing a Despicable Me cake.  DS1 loves Minions, and whenever we you tube the "Banana Song", he comes running.  

We just bought DS some books and some trucks.  My parents are getting him a tricycle and DH's parents are getting him a wagon, so I decided he didn't need anything else.  Plus Christmas is just around the corner.  As caffrin said, DS won't know the difference and he has tons of toys already.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I haven't even thought about a party yet.  I should decide if I want to jam everyone in my tiny house or rent a venue.  I'll probably do a fall theme, she isn't really into any characters or shows.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • No theme because we're just having grandparents at the party.  I'm thinking about getting her a kitchen and then filling in the dishes and food items with Christmas and as gift ideas for grandparents and aunts/uncles.  The problem that I found last year with birthday and Christmas being so close was that her toys and clothes didn't last through the whole year.  I wanted to get something that will last more than a few months.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• AmberDerekAmberDerek member
    edited October 2013
    We are having DS's party at an aquarium and having pizza, punch and cake. We will bring in a banner and a small gift for each kid. It will be super easy for us which I am excited about. Noah loves going there so it should be fun! We are buying him one of those Pottery Barn Kids anywhere chairs. Not sure if I should get the anywhere chair or the oversized one though.
  • The standard one is plenty big.  I can sit in it.  Here's a pic of DD1 when she was about 2 in her chair.
    photo 519ce0f6-8e6e-4149-8502-d809dfdc5a42_zps6c34edbd.jpg
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • The standard one is plenty big.  I can sit in it.  Here's a pic of DD1 when she was about 2 in her chair.
    photo 519ce0f6-8e6e-4149-8502-d809dfdc5a42_zps6c34edbd.jpg

Great! Thanks so much for the info! P.S. It was fun running into you a while back. Your girls are so so cute!
  • I haven't even thought about a party yet.  I should decide if I want to jam everyone in my tiny house or rent a venue.  I'll probably do a fall theme, she isn't really into any characters or shows.
    That's a good idea! You can just buy decorations for the house and get 2 birds with 1 stone.
  • I wasn't going to do a party, but now all of the sudden, DD has like really become obsessed with one of her friends and asks about her all the time so maybe I'll do something for just them?  I don't know...  

Are kids birthdays supposed to be stressful to plan?  LOL.  Maybe it's because we didn't throw a party for her last year either (it was just the 3 of us).  So maybe whenever I throw the first one, I'll just freak out about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our close group of friends throws a party for each friend's birthday including all the little ones.  DD will get to celebrate her 2nd birthday at the same time as her best buddy because he is only 5 days younger than her.  We are trying to find her a developmentally appropriate gears toy because she is all about figuring out how things work.  I am also knitting her a sweater because I found a beautiful yarn that will look awesome with her red hair.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • jasnemjasnem member
    edited October 2013
    50's Sock Hop. DD isn't really into any shows yet, so I still get to pick. :)

Can't wait! We are playing 50s music. Serving sliders, kettle chips, veggie straw "fries", fruit salad, cupcakes decorated like milkshakes, and old fashion sodas. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Rainbow Baby after 2 early m/c.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Here is a pic from her photo shoot that we used for the invitations.

BabyFruit Ticker

• jasnem said:

Can't wait! We are playing 50s music. Serving sliders, kettle chips, veggie straw "fries", fruit salad, cupcakes decorated like milkshakes, and old fashion sodas. 

Wow - you are so organized! I need to take a page out of your book!
  • jasnemjasnem member
    edited October 2013
    RedCamaro said:
    jasnem said:

Wow - you are so organized! I need to take a page out of your book!
    Ha! Gotta be. We are throwing her party two weeks from today! She has an early November birthday (Nov. 4), but we are having her party 2 weeks early because it is at the end of my Fall Break. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures after these fabulous parties! Can't believe it's been 2 years...

BabyFruit Ticker

• My little one loves the movie Tangled, and anything cars/trucks, so not sure about the theme....  He is really energetic though, and it will probably be cold weather here in a month, so I think we'll maybe do it at a kid gym that has a bounce house or something similar for them to play at.  I will keep it small.. although this reminds me I should start planning something LOL.
  • We only have a few weeks until the big TWO! Ahh!

We are doing a farm theme cos she loves animals and it will be in a farm area at a church community center they let us rent for free since my family lives in the area. I am not doing a petting zoo or anything crazy (though that would be fun but pricey), but just cupcakes and ice cream and a few activities (like I got some foam riding horses. haha) -- we only have a few friends coming because she will have a separate "party" at school (with cookies).

I think we will get her part of a Mickey Mouse farm as a present to go with the theme too.
  • We're doing a "Fantasyland/Disneyland" Themed party. V has changed her mind about the theme so many times, this is the only thing I can think of to incorporate all her favorite things. She loves all the rides, and asks to watch them on YouTube, so even if she changes her mind again, we can just work it in without having to start from scratch!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

imageimage
  • I was going to have a big party for LO but we are doing a Diaper party for baby#2 about 3 weeks before LO's birthday. And instead of asking everyone to come to that then 3 weeks later come to her birthday party, so I think we're just going to have immediate family only over and have cake. Probably Lion King or Rapunzuel, those are the two that she's into right now. I feel bad because we did kinda go all out with her 1st birthday and this year not so much. I know she'll be 2 and not really remember it but I still can't help to feel bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"