August 2013 Moms

Morning pump

So LO has been sleeping longer and I've had a little stash going so ice decided to pump in the morning when he used to eat however I'm noticing its a lot of foremilk. It's blue tinted and when it separates there doesn't seem to be much fat. Due to an over supply its the only time I pump but I know that milk isn't as nutritious for LO. Is it worth saving? Like this morning I got almost 4 ounces in I've side and almost 3 on the other but it seemed very blue. I only pumped for about 6 min since that's average what LO stays at the boon and I don't want to cause more of an over supply. Should I pick a different time to pump that I save it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Morning pump

• I think every bit is worth saving.
  • IMO, I'd save it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @andertrr yea it's natural for the foremilk to have a slightly blue tint, it's not like Gatorade blue but it's definitely not just the white or yellow. And at just under 2 months LO isn't getting any cereal yet. But you're right about if he was eating it would be the same milk he was getting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • Save it LO gets all his nutritional needs from BM, even foremilk is nutritious
  • Save it! I save every last drop of it!
  • Mine is bluish tinted too. Sometimes green even if I've been eating a lot of leafy greens! Wierd but according to Kellymom is OK. 
    I'd save it. When you defrost and use it, its not like your LO will only be getting foremilk for the entire day. Its only one feeding and the rest of his/her feedings will be with your current milk supply. 

• Save it. If LO gets a goopy eye put milk in there. Milk in a bath helps diaper rash.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • andertrr said:

I'd save it.  If my LO doesn't get up in the night for a feed, I usually get up earlier than him and pump and feed him the pumped milk from one side (cause it's like 10 oz in the a.m.!).  If you were feeding, and not pumping, that's what he would be getting.  I'm not sure what you mean about the blue tint.  Mine does seem really watery, but never blue just a very light white.  I use mine to mix into his cereal.

You're already giving your baby cereal?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • andertrr said:

I'd save it.  If my LO doesn't get up in the night for a feed, I usually get up earlier than him and pump and feed him the pumped milk from one side (cause it's like 10 oz in the a.m.!).  If you were feeding, and not pumping, that's what he would be getting.  I'm not sure what you mean about the blue tint.  Mine does seem really watery, but never blue just a very light white.  I use mine to mix into his cereal.

I was thinking the same thing... Please do not be giving your baby this young cereal already!
  • mgg242 said:

LiylaRae said:

andertrr said:

I was thinking the same thing... Please do not be giving your baby this young cereal already!
    Seriously! You shouldn't be giving your baby cereal yet!
    I was thinking this same thing... :-/
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"