2nd Trimester

Re: tmi

• How does it smell? Coffee alters the smell of my urine, as does asparagus and the prenatal that I've been taking. Have you recently switched to a different kind of prenatal or added a new vitamin to your diet? Certain foods or drinks can make it smell different also. However, if it smells sweeter it could be a sign of gestational diabetes. Your breath and urine can sometimes emit a certain smell if you develop diabetes until it's under control. Also, feeling very thirsty can be a sign of gestational diabetes as well, though more likely you're just thirsty because you're pregnant. Hopefully, it's just something you ate or drank, but ask your doctor about it to be on the safe side.
  • lizzielou742lizzielou742 member
    edited October 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • My pee smells as well!! But I have been switching prenatals. I dont think you should worry but its worth  mentioning to your doctor. Good luck on your glucose test :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine smells as well... Like the previous ladies, it's probably just your diet/vitamins. I wouldn't worry.

If it changes color, then notify your OB.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thank you ladies :)
  • maybe you drank too little the days before... that would make your urine smell strong. And also explaines the thirst...
  • i just came out the bathroom...know how you feel

Mom of 4 plus one more!!!!
  • Could be a UTI. I had strong, strange smelling urine and when I went in they told me I had a UTI. I didn't really have any symptoms as I had in the past with bladder infections....  but.. could be
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"