January 2014 Moms
Options

Pediatrician

When is the time to typically start calling them?

Re: Pediatrician

• Options
    I started doing research yesterday. I plan to discuss this with my OB at my 24 week appt and then probably go from there to set up a few prenatal consultation appts. (I am finding that I am doing a lot of things earlier than I normally would have because of the approaching holiday season and its busy nature.)
  • Options
    I already know who we're going with (sort of an easy choice, since we have a great practice right here in town)... I had called them a while back and the receptionist told me to call in October for a January baby.

dx with anovulatory PCOS 2005
    off bcp 11/11
    a few rounds of clomid and femara... no response.
    injectables/IUI 12/12... BFN
    Feb 13 IVF cycle converted down to IUI due to low follicle response... BFFN
    one last IVF attempt April/May 2013: 19 retrieved. 10 fertilized. 2 transferred in a 3dt. 4 frosties... BFP!!
    EDD: 1/21/14... Induced early at 36+6. Our little girl was born 12/30/13

surprise pregnancy with baby #2!  EDD: 8/30/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm lucky, my GP does babies and has already said she'll take LO. she used to run the maternity clinic that I'm going to and she's been my GP for 20 years so I'm very comfortable with her.
  • Options
    I know this is an older post but I wanted to quickly share what my OB had us do. She didn't want us in the pediatricians offices during the flu season, it is apparently going to be pretty bad this year. So we have been meeting with pediatricians and just chose one last week. I thought this was sound advice, if you can meet with them asap before the flu really picks up. 
  • Options
    I know this is an older post but I wanted to quickly share what my OB had us do. She didn't want us in the pediatricians offices during the flu season, it is apparently going to be pretty bad this year. So we have been meeting with pediatricians and just chose one last week. I thought this was sound advice, if you can meet with them asap before the flu really picks up. 
    They say flu season will be bad every year. I've stopped listening to that. Anyways don't most pediatrician offices have a well room and a sick room? If you have a well room then there isn't too much risk as long as you don't touch everything and wash your hands when you leave. 

DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    They say flu season will be bad every year. I've stopped listening to that. Anyways don't most pediatrician offices have a well room and a sick room? If you have a well room then there isn't too much risk as long as you don't touch everything and wash your hands when you leave. 

I haven't seen too many with well rooms anymore. 

We are just using the same pediatrician that sees our daughter. All we have to do is schedule the appointment after he's born. This doesn't really help you out, though!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options

We are sticking with the same pediatrician we use for DD (love her!). I believe we started looking for pediatricians when I was 30ish weeks last time. I agree with @peanutmuse though. If we didn't have one already, I'd probably start earlier because of the holidays too.

Our office doesn't have a sick room either. They take sick appointments to a room immediately so they aren't in the waiting room with the kids for well visits. Newborns are also taken directly to a room to avoid too much exposure to the older kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We were lucky. We went with a pediatrician that we already know personally (our former boss's wife) and is a wonderful doctor. Her office has LC's on staff, has separate sick and well waiting areas (not separate rooms, though), and she is very accessible. The only drawback is that now that we've moved to the suburbs her office is about 45 minutes away.

OP: It might be a little early to start calling, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to start asking around for recommendations and doing a little research now.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"