August 2013 Moms
Options

Goodbye to the Men in my Life

Goodbye Cole Haan. 

Goodbye Stuart Weitzman.

Goodbye Charles David. 

Goodbye Jimmy Choo.

Goodbye Manolo Blahnik.

Apparently, I am one of those women who never return to their normal shoe size. I am more upset about this than the extra 15 lbs I'm still holding onto. 

Anybody else saying goodbye? 

Re: Goodbye to the Men in my Life

• Options
    janneann1127janneann1127 member
    edited September 2013
    No.. But I am a flip flop wearer mostly so it wouldnt be as costly for me. :) sorry about your loss! Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No.. But I am a flip flop wearer mostly so it wouldnt be as costly for me. :) sorry about your loss! Haha
    I have only been wearing flip flops since about 6 months into pregnancy. I whipped out Mr. Haan for a meeting I have this week, and my feet wouldn't go in.

I have been building this shoe collection since I was 19! 7 Years! 

The good news is I can probably consign most of them and buy new shoes with that money.

• Options
    Ouch! That sucks OP. I need to lose a good 30lbs. Since I wasn't at my goal weight pre-pregnancy. Luckily, I can still fit my shoes (thank God)!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sounds silly, but my bras.... I had such nice bras pre pregnancy that fit me like a glove.... I loved the colors and the materials.... I am still spilling out of them.  :((

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thankfully my louboutins were always a smidge big on me. They fit perfectly now. I'm scared to try on my other shoes for fear they will have to go. I also seem to be hanging onto 20 pounds and feel like I'm as wide as a linebacker! Why did my shoulders have to get so broad? I'm usually a petite frame... Grrrr
    image image
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I haven't tried on any of my heels yet. I would cry if I couldn't fit into my Badgley Mischkas. It's possible you could still fit into yours eventually. My best friend went down a shoe size as she lost weight.

I currently don't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy bras. I was a D before and I'm at least a DD now. One of these days I will have to get measured. I had a huge collection of VS bras, many of them new-ish. I have them all packed away in the garage along with all my nice clothes that I don't fit into. 

I have an interview tomorrow and have no idea what I'm going to wear since all I fit into is my maxi dresses and maternity clothes.  Even though I know they dress office casual, and my stuff would be okay if I was working there. For an interview I think I should be dressed closer to office formal (no jacket)
  • Options
    Maybe hang on to them for awhile and see if things change. Its possible your feet are still swollen. It took me 6 months just to get my wedding rings back on after I had my son.

• Options
    How sucky is that?! I'm in the same boat. I think I'm a full shoe size bigger. I have like 40 pairs of Jeffrey Campbells. Hopefully I can sell them easily.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif
  • Options
    kklee0710 One thing I am happy about is that I never splurged on Louboutins.I would be crying!

I always bought my other higher-end styles on sale, and Loubs never go on sale.

• Options
    LilMissScareAll I don't know if losing weight will help. I feel like my feet have changed shape too. I use to have an extreme arch, but it's not there anymore. I was also a size 6, I'm thinking I'm probably a 7 now. 

Also, I was a 32DD before baby, and now 32F--I went in for a fitting at Nordstrom. When my bras arrived in the mail. I laughed because they cup was like as big as my head. I was like "there is no way my boobs are this big." Well, they fit. 

• Options
    I've never met those "men". I guess I don't have to worry about saying good bye to them.

I haven't tried on my heels yet so who knows if they still fit. I know my wedding band and engagement ring still don't fit. That has me worried :/

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• Options
    Kristin030 My rings still don't fit. Luckily, DH gave me a new ring right after DD was born and it fits perfectly. I'll be rocking that one for quite a while.

• Options
    kklee0710 One thing I am happy about is that I never splurged on Louboutins.I would be crying!

My DH bought them as an anniversary gift a couple years ago. Thankfully they always were a tad big so I'm psyched they fit now. I would cry too if I had to get rid of them!
    image image
  • Options
    How sucky is that?! I'm in the same boat. I think I'm a full shoe size bigger. I have like 40 pairs of Jeffrey Campbells. Hopefully I can sell them easily.
    Ouch. I love Campbells! So fresh and cool. I would have a hard time letting go of 40 pairs too! Luckily, I only have maybe 10 pairs I'm really attached to. 

• Options
    i feel like my feet didn't get longer, but wider :(  i think my sister will be getting some new shoes.
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options
    tdmklm said:

My feet grew after my first. Thankfully, I had no fancy shoes. This post begs the question, though, OP... What size are those shoes? ;)

Lol! 6 I had tiny feet! That's why I could alway get awesome shoes on sale. :-(

• Options
    I have been wearing y cushy, comfy Nike flip flops since I was about 7 mths prego. And now.. I am honestly scared to try any of my heels on!! So I'm going to stay oblivious and in denial of the possibilities for as long as I can! 90s here still so I can go a bit longer!v ;) I feel your pain OP!!
  • Options
    Yep shoes and wedding ring still do not fit. Does anyone know if you can make rings bigger?
  • Options
    sfeebs13sfeebs13 member
    edited September 2013
    :(
    fortunately, my feet didn't grow, but even still it seems as though my shoes don't fit quite right.

edit. posted too soon
  • Options
    Yep shoes and wedding ring still do not fit. Does anyone know if you can make rings bigger?
    yes, you can
    photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options

You can make rings bigger. I had been meaning to fit awhile and this was the push to do it. I only increased them little less than half a size so if I miraculously lose so much weight they will still fit!
    image image
  • Options
    Depends on what metal your rings are and sometimes the style.
    My wedding band is tungsten, it can't be resized. My e-ring is paladium, supposedly it can be but jewel who made it said it can't. That might be b/c it was customs designed.
    But your average gold or platinum ring should be no problem.
  • Options
    I have only been wearing flip flops since about 6 months into pregnancy. I whipped out Mr. Haan for a meeting I have this week, and my feet wouldn't go in.

I have been building this shoe collection since I was 19! 7 Years! 

The good news is I can probably consign most of them and buy new shoes with that money.
    you may get more money listing them on Ebay- keep that in mind when you decide to part out any pairs.  Especially if you've kept them in great shape :)
    Pic Monkey Collage 1

baby development baby development
  • Options

tdmklm said:

My feet grew after my first. Thankfully, I had no fancy shoes. This post begs the question, though, OP... What size are those shoes? ;)

Lol! 6 I had tiny feet! That's why I could alway get awesome shoes on sale. :-(

Hmm... A 6 you say...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Options
    I'm barely fitting into my shoes- I need to bite the bullet and get new ones. My goal is 2 pair per week until I go back to work... I need to dress professional and NOTHING fits. I have like two pairs of remotely appropriate pants and like four tops, all of which have some kind of stain on them.

Guess I'm going to be getting an "in between" wardrobe of some kind.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    I don't own any name brand shoes so I'm actually kinda hoping they don't fit. What a great excuse to go on a shoe shopping splurge!!
  • Options
    Awww! That sucks!

I have several pairs of very nice very expensive low rise jeans that I adore... but 2 babies in two years... I have a muffin top. :( I just gave them to a friend. Sad... but I will get over it by buying a few new pairs after I lose some lbs.

I went from a size 10 shoe to 11. They always looked like horrible drag queen feet... now they are just even larger and wider.

• Options
    mommabmb said:

I'm barely fitting into my shoes- I need to bite the bullet and get new ones. My goal is 2 pair per week until I go back to work... I need to dress professional and NOTHING fits. I have like two pairs of remotely appropriate pants and like four tops, all of which have some kind of stain on them.

Shopping for fat pants is one of the most depressing things I've ever done.

• Options
    I had a party to go to and realized I have no shoes to wear because the only shoes that now fit are clogs. Like PP I went from a size 10 to an 11 - sucks!
    TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Trying on my Loubs was one of the first things I did PP. Praise Jesus those suckers still fit!!!

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    mommabmb said:

I'm doing the same. I hate to waste money on clothes that may not fit after a while but I need to look nice for work.

I lost all the baby weight but my hips are wayyyyy wider and who knows if they'll ever shrink back. Because you know, I didn't already have freakishly wide hips to begin with!!!

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    Oh no! I'm sorry!! My shoes still fit (even though none are as awesome as yours). Totally jealous of everyone with Loubs!! Now while my shoes still fit my jeans are another story...
  • Options

Sounds silly, but my bras.... I had such nice bras pre pregnancy that fit me like a glove.... I loved the colors and the materials.... I am still spilling out of them.  :((

This. I'm not even nursing now but pre-pregnant bras are too small. I'm wearing nursing bras and refuse to buy new ones until I see where my boobs settle.
  • Options
    My prepregnancy clothes are still boxed up in the basement. I'm afraid to pull the out and try them on. I bought two new pairs of Gap jeans 2 weeks before my bfp. I'm hoping they'll fit eventually.

• Options
    My feet went up a size from a solid 9 to a somewhere between a 9.5 and 10 with DS. It sucked! I wear danskos for work almost everyday and those things were spendy to replace ( I had about 5 pairs at the time and I had to space out replacing them over about 6 months).

In the last 3 years I have since increased my dansko collection and replaced all my other shoe types to be my new size. My swelling went down about 3 weeks ago and i tried on all my shoes. Thanks god! DD has spared me from this trauma a second time!!

Mommy to J: Born 5/11/2010 & B: Born 8/26/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"