Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

How are you dealing with separation anxiety?

LO is 6 months old. He has developed some pretty bad separation anxiety - he cries whenever there isn't a person in the room.  He doesn't really care who that person is...it just has to be someone.  It's not really that big of a deal, because he's with me or my husband almost all the time at home and with someone is with him all day at day care.  The only struggle is morning routine.  My H leaves before we're even out of bed, so the morning routine is done all by me.  The entire time that I am in the shower, he screams. The bathroom isn't big enough to put his saucer IN the bathroom, so I have him out in the hall where I can see him if I need to, but he can't really see me unless I stick my head way out. I talk to him the entire time and sing - sometimes that works, but most of the time it doesn't. He just gets so worked up and it breaks my heart. I tried switching to evening showers, but I'm someone who has to shower in the morning. 

How do you handle a crying baby when you absolutely have to do something? 
Started TTC 2/2009
Started fertility treatments 11/2010
Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
6 failed medicated IUI's
Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
Decided to adopt - 6/2012
SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
Here we go again...
Due 8/26/19!

Re: How are you dealing with separation anxiety?

• Options
    My daughter is 7 m/o and cries everytime I leave her sight. It's pretty hard to deal with. I just talk to her if I'm in the other room. But, sometimes what is too hard to do. I hate to say it but, sometimes I just let her cry. I hate watching her cry but I've noticed since I let her cry for a minute or two she has been a little less 'cry-ee' when I leave. It hurts me also to have to leave her; I have school and leaving is the hardest thing I have to do DAILY... Seperation is just something that is gonna happen.... I suggest you try and leave behind her back... I hope this seperatioin anxiety clears up fast for both of us!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hmmm... We don't deal with SA here. We just live through it... One painful heartache (mine) at a time. Even with the bumbo in the bathroom, the swing in our bedroom, the bouncer in his bedroom, the highchair in the kitchen AND the exersaucer in the living room, I'm running out of options to entertain him. Plus, at close to 20lbs, baby wearing has become rare. My back never fully recovered.

I figure that DS is going to have to learn to be by himself one way or another, and while I am physically unable to stand him crying I know that I will have to eventually let him do just that for a few minutes.

Note that our DS is fine on his own when Mama or Dada are riiight here, or someone else is in the room and he doesn't see us leave.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah. There's no dealing with it here either. I never get anything done.
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"