Pregnant after IF

lightheaded during 2nd tri?

this has happened several times and freaks me out each time, but today was the first time i felt like this when i was driving.  all of a sudden i got very hot and nauseous and felt like i was going to pass out.  i actually had to pull over on the highway (in a construction zone of course!) and reclined on my left side for a few minutes with the air conditioning blasting.  after a few minutes i was able to sit back up and drive, but this is so frustrating and scary!!!  the last time it happened i was in the mall and had to sit down.  my OB said it was normal.  i just hate feeling like that!  and what's strange is it doesn't happen at the typical times (getting up too fast, laying on back,etc...).  
Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
Clomid + Trigger x2; 
IUI + Femara x1,
IUI + Follistim x2;
IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: lightheaded during 2nd tri?

• Yikes, that sounds scary!  Especially while driving.  If your OB says it's normal and not to worry, I like to think they know what they are talking about.  Have you been able to find any common source that could be causing it?  Are you getting too hot?  Blood sugar getting low?  Anything like that?
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • no, that's why i'm so frustrated.  i'm drinking enough, eating enough, not overheating.  i'm assuming it's just drop in blood pressure from babies pressing on something?  for now i'm drinking gatorade for the sodium and potassium and eating chips. lol.  even if it doesn't fix me it'll make me feel better.  

it just stinks because it's making me afraid to go places because i'm so nervous it will happen when i'm out.  
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had so much dizziness in 2nd tri. I already suffer from vertigo, which is also worse with pregnancy, but the light headed feeling on top of this is really making me feel bad
  • I've had dizziness from the get go and blame it on increased blood volume and being on my feet a lot.

I have to lie down when it happens- my hearing and vision tunnel, i sometimes get hot or cold and just can't stand.

Your body will force you into a reclining position to stabilize blood pressure/circulation, but is rather not faint! I hope you feel better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • thanks ladies, it helps to hear it is actually normal and not my OB just blowing smoke up my rear.  :) 
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • How scary! Especially when driving. I had this my last pregnancy & mildly this time. I think carrying more than one amplifies symptoms like this. I hope you feel better.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel this way a lot too. I also had it during my last pregnancy and actually fainted a couple of times. Luckily, I feel it coming on so I havent passed out this time. It does seem worse with two in there!
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Maybe try carrying a cold juice box in your purse at all times just in case this happens again? It still may help a little even if you think you are hydrated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • golfrgal said:
    Maybe try carrying a cold juice box in your purse at all times just in case this happens again? It still may help a little even if you think you are hydrated.
    juice is a good idea, i usually carry gatorade, granola bars, crackers, and water (i swear, my purse is like a personal refrigerator!).  but something to get my sugar up may help.  thanks!
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;

BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"