March 2014 Moms
Options

Bored with pregnancy?

I am starting to feel bored with this pregnancy.. I feel like the newness is starting to wear off... My belly still doesn't look like there is a baby in there. I think once the real kicks start and once we find out if we are having a boy or girl, it will be less boring.

Anyone else starting to feel bored?

BFP #1 10/02/06, EDD 5/1/07 Natural Miscarriage 1 week after BFP

BFP #2 3/28/07, EDD 11/19/07 Natural Miscarriage 2 weeks after BFP

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

March 2011, diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

BFP #4 6/26/13, EDD 3/8/14, Delivered @ 40w6d
Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

Re: Bored with pregnancy?

• Options
    I never found my pregnancy entertaining.. But I'm over it already. Give me my newborn and let my uterus have its 5 year vacation already :/
    I was super excited to experience pregnancy.. I feel like it's taking forever to get to the good part.. I just feel like the normal/ pre-pregnancy me.. just a fatter.

BFP #3 1/16/11, 1st U/S - 1/28/11 HR 132bpm, Missed Miscarriage- 2/28/11, D&C 3/8/11 

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about You, but since I didn't get the chance, would You please hold them on Your lap and tell them about me?

Bethany Elizabeth born on 3/14/14 @ 6:48am weighing almost 8lbs 1oz and measuring 20 1/2 inches.

• Options
    ME! I am so over hyperemesis.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that I'm bored (way too paranoid for that) but in major need to start feeling movement. Having to wait until the 25th of October to see the baby at the AS is making me insane
  • Options
    The only reason I don't want this pregnancy over this second is that I'm not ready for the sleep deprivation. I'll never be ready for that though
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My second pregnancy and definitely not as excited as with dd. It's more, been there done that. I'm too busy to actually focus on it.
  • Options
    I feel like it's kind of been the same for the last few weeks? Like I'm starting to get a belly which is depressing and exciting at the same time. But I'm ready for the cute round little bump so people definitely know I'm pregnant. Today my dad told me I had a gut! lol Thanks dad. Luckily I am not sensitive. Definitely not bored, but excited for the next "fun" stage to begin. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    This is my favorite time tbh, after the first trimester and I start to feel like I can relax, But I ended up on bed rest with both my other kids in my third, so hopeful this one is better and no bedrest but not looking forward to the possibility. 
    image image 
  • Options

I wouldn't say that I'm bored (way too paranoid for that) but in major need to start feeling movement. Having to wait until the 25th of October to see the baby at the AS is making me insane

Ditto, I am way wayy too paranoid to be bored I would say impatient is a better description
  • Options
    Ditto, I felt that way around 12-17wks but the last week I have an actual bump and feeling the kicks...I'm still over it until I feel a kick then I lay absolutely still and have my hand on my belly and bask in the pregnancy. So weird, so cool. Then Sharkie naps on my bladder and I'm over it again

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Options
    I think this is definitely the boring part (if we're luck). Things start to pick up soon when all the movement really takes off. Just feeling good hard kicks over the past few days has made it more fun again. I love, love, love feeling a baby in my belly and watching it dance. We're not planning to get pregnant again so I'm anxious to get to the real fun so I can soak it in. I'm just going to stay in denial about all the physical crap that's coming soon, too.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yep, I'm bored. Checking the calendar day by day def doesn't help The situation. I'm also secretly eager to have the baby so I can be off of work for 2-3 months!
  • Options
    Not really bored, just over it. If I keep feeling like crap, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it 5 more months!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I just want the baby already lol.
    imageimageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Definitely not in a hurry for the baby to be here (soooo much to do, FTM jitters), but ready to find out what we are having! Think that will make it even better!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not exactly bored... More like relaxed! It's much better than the anxiety I had all first tri!

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    It is so much easier being pregnant then having a newborn somedays I wished to be pregnant instead of having a newborn.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just starting to hit my excited stage

• Options
    Now that the malaise of the first trimester is over, I suppose I do feel a certain dullness with pregnancy, but I love this sense of... monotony? I'm much more mellow pregnant than I am not pregnant, so I'm sure that's a contributing factor.

I know I will enjoy having my body back under my full control, but overall, the nothing going on aspect coupled with my improved mood is suiting me well. But, no, it's not too exciting.

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    I have to agree I thought it would have been much different I have a bump but I can't feel anything and I feel like it's taking forever.... Kinda bummed
  • Options
    I'm over it and want to get my drink on...and have the baby...but really, I want a big glass of Captain Morgan's Spiced.  Actually, screw the glass.  Give me a jug.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    I'm actually having a real problem with this's, I'm really happy I found this post cause it is making me feel less horrible about myself. With my daughter I was so extremely excited to be pregnant, one of those people who you think are crazy cause they love it so much! I enjoyed almost the whole thing besides like how uncomfortable I got, but all in all I loved every moment and obsessed about it! I'm not pregnant with number 2 and I'm find it all to be less enjoyable and less exciting... I have been super sick this pregnancy and I wasn't the first time so that sucked! I'm 18 wks now and I'm still finding trouble getting excited.... I feel like a horrible person, because I want my body back instead of loving it like I did the first time, I want to eat what I want again like cookie dough with raw egg and homeade ice cream and my dad's Caesar salad dressing! I feel like I don't deserve this child, but I do want it, I just don't want to be pregnant.... I find out the sex on Friday maybe that will help!
  • Options
    Kewii said:

I'm over it and want to get my drink on...and have the baby...but really, I want a big glass of Captain Morgan's Spiced.  Actually, screw the glass.  Give me a jug.

I keep having dreams about margaritas, now that you mention it.

GREEN to PINK on 3.14.14 
  • Options
    I agree on the boredom front.  It's also hard because once the baby comes, both MH and I will be off work, and we get 3 months of family bonding time.  With our busy schedules, I hardly see him (me going to bed by 8pm doesn't help) lately.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Maddeegal said:
    I'm actually having a real problem with this's, I'm really happy I found this post cause it is making me feel less horrible about myself. With my daughter I was so extremely excited to be pregnant, one of those people who you think are crazy cause they love it so much! I enjoyed almost the whole thing besides like how uncomfortable I got, but all in all I loved every moment and obsessed about it! I'm not pregnant with number 2 and I'm find it all to be less enjoyable and less exciting... I have been super sick this pregnancy and I wasn't the first time so that sucked! I'm 18 wks now and I'm still finding trouble getting excited.... I feel like a horrible person, because I want my body back instead of loving it like I did the first time, I want to eat what I want again like cookie dough with raw egg and homeade ice cream and my dad's Caesar salad dressing! I feel like I don't deserve this child, but I do want it, I just don't want to be pregnant.... I find out the sex on Friday maybe that will help!
    I don't think you are a horrible person because you feel this way.. I too am looking at my body like Seriously?..but then I remember I get a baby out of this.. and it somehow makes it better. I do think once we find out the gender it will be better.. cause then we get to play the name game.. and buy little outfits. Pretty much the only things we can do until we get the baby in our arms.

• Options
    I'm so over pregnancy, (almost week 15) but this is my second. I LOVED being pregnant the first time. Now I am tired, but don't have time to rest, running after a two year old and no time SIT and eat a meal. I wish I could fast forward to when they are both 5yrs old   ;)

In all seriousness, like another March Mommy said, sometimes it's nice being able to hold your newborn, and others it's nice just to enjoy pregnancy while you can  (if you can!)
  • Options
    The angel on my shoulder says "enjoy this pregnancy, it's your last, smell the roses". The devil on the other shoulder says "quit being a martyr - you have never liked being pregnant and look like shit doing it, so don't feel like you have to enjoy it or cherish it - it sucks!". 

Mom to 5 wonderful kids: 18ds, 15ds, 13ds, 11dd and baby boy! Why get old when you can get pregnant?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"