April 2013 Moms
Options

Trying for another

I think DH are going to start trying for #2.

It seems totally crazy to me. We did so much planning and budgeting before #1... with this one we just kind of feel like it's right. My siblings and I were within a year of each other and I loved our dynamic growing up. I want my kids to have that too. Plus, I'm already in 'Mommy Mode'. I feel like if I lose a bunch of weight and finished breastfeeding it would be harder to go back and do it all again. Now I'm out of shape and can't really drink and all that.. why not keep it going while I'm in that mode, you know?

Anyone else trying for the next at this point?

I haven't even started my period so it's going to be interesting trying to figure out if/when to take a pregnancy test...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Trying for another

• Options
    I'm ready to start trying for #2 as well.  Hubby, on the other hand, said he isn't interested in trying until next spring/summer.  I'd like our babes to be about 18 months apart (that's what my brother and I are), where H is fine if they're 5 years apart (no way!).  I feel the same as you -- I'm already in Mommy Mode.  Good luck as you TTC -- I'll send baby thoughts your way!

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Options

Those are some of the same reasons ("Mommy mode") that we'lre basically trying already too.  I just want to get through this stage and raise children, rather than getting through the diaper/spitup/breastfeeding/weightloss stage and thne doing it all again.  We will OFFICIALLY start trying next month, but we haven't done anything to prevent, and my period is currently a few days late (have taken a few negative tests in the past few days!)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I a m a but jealous, but we will wait a little longer, especially since I am considering a career change. Good luck!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    How exciting! 
  • Options
    We have been talking about starting to try for number 2 as it took 3 years for us to be able to have Lenny but we have to wait until my thyroid levels even out before we can even consider trying. Good Luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Very exciting! Best of luck to you and your husband! 

• Options
    We r trying for # 2 also..nervous but excited
  • Options
    Totally ditto your mommy mode sentiments. If I'm having another, I want to do it soon and get it over with. I want this phase (weight/no drinking/flabby/breastfeeding) where my body is not my own to be over ASAP
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

All - I know what you mean regarding wanting to lose weight, save money, and accrue PTO.. Trust me I've had those things running through my head as well. I'm definitely just doing this on gut feeling because if I thought about that stuff too long I would definitely change my mind.

• Options
    Yes, we are in the same boat, just waiting for the return of AF, but also not preventing (unless if you count almost never having time for sex preventing).

My sister and I are 14 months apart and I loved that age closeness growing up.

And I agree with Mommy Mode, once I start sleeping through the night again I might change my mind and never want to go back!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We're done since we now have three.  But, I hear you on being pregnant with an active toddler!  That was really hard, especially when I was put on lifting restrictions at 20 weeks (no more than 10 lbs) and bedrest at 26/27 weeks.  I had to have a lot of help with my son.  It involved my step-MIL living with us for a couple months.  Thank goodness she was retired and could do it!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"