C-sections
Options

Did you buy a belly binder?

Did anybody use the belly bandit after a c-section?  Or is there another brand that is better to use?  Looking to order a belly binder soon - just don't know what the best one to get is...

Me: 30, DH: 40 
TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

Re: Did you buy a belly binder?

• Options
    No, I just used the one they gave me in the hospital
  • Options
    Thanks guys - I didn't know they gave them there :) 
    Me: 30, DH: 40 
    TTC since January 2012HSG & Bloodwork: Normal, SA: NormalDx: Unexplained Infertility 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN (three cycles)
    50mg Clomid + trigger + IUI = BFP (one cycle)
    Beta #1 (12dpo) = 49  Beta #2 (14dpo)= 149

Expecting g/g twins Oct '13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    it depends on the hospital - mine did not give me one out even tell me about them
  • Options
    The hospital provided me with one
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was not given one, or told anything about them, so never used one.
  • Options
    Yep, given one at the hospital and asked for a spare to take home. Could not go without this for the first few weeks. I went ahead and transitioned to the c panty after the first month.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    I got one at the hospital but my doctor had to write an order for it so check with your doctor.
  • Options
    Didn't get one from hospital or buy one for any of my 3 c-sections.
  • Options

I was not given one, or told anything about them, so never used one.

This
  • Options
    I was given one at the hospital. When I was wearing it, I felt soo much better. Except for showering and adjusting it, I wore it pretty much nonstop for the first two weeks postpartum (5 of those days were in the hospital).
  • Options
    I never used one with my previous 2 sections but I bought a Belly bandit to try this time. 
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I never knew about them my first two c
    Sections. I asked my doc at my last appointment and he said he doesn't like them. His reasoning had something to do with you not using your abs as much as you should while wearing them.
  • Options
    Don't spend the money on buying a binder, they have them in the hospital and can give you one there.  They are all really the same so it doesn't matter what brand you get.  The hospital one is just as good as any and it won't cost a penny
  • Options
    swgdvm said:
    I never knew about them my first two c Sections. I asked my doc at my last appointment and he said he doesn't like them. His reasoning had something to do with you not using your abs as much as you should while wearing them.
    This makes sense to me.  I never used or knew of belly binders for either of my c-sections, and I had easy recoveries.  I felt mostly healed after a week and just avoided anything strenuous after that.  I can imagine it would have helped me function the first few days after my c/s, and with DS I had have severe back pain for a day about four days after surgery, I think because I pushed myself too hard and was overcompensating for my abs with my back muscles (I was home for two days by that point - in retrospect I probably should have stayed in the hospital an extra day).  But it's also something I wouldn't want to get dependent on if I could manage without it.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"