3rd Trimester

Linea nigra

Shantel221Shantel221 member
edited September 2013 in 3rd Trimester
Ok so this is my third pregnancy and with the first two I had the dark line that went down my belly. I'm 29 weeks and no sign of the dark line. Idk why I'm concerned over this I know it's probably silly but it's been such a different pregnancy than my other two. I had boys before and I'm 90% sure this is a girl if that has anything to do with anything. Also my belly button hasn't "popped" either. It's just strange to me. The baby moves regularly and other than the few normal uncomfortable stages of pregnancy I feel fine. Just can't shake the nagging feeling that I should have had the line and the b-button popping by now.

Re: Linea nigra

• I'm 38 weeks with my second LO and I didn't get the linea nigra until about 35-36 weeks. I kept wondering if it was ever going to show up. I know it was noticeable much earlier on in my first pregnancy.
  • I can't remember when I got it with my first, but I'm 27 weeks and still haven't gotten it yet this time around.  My belly button on the other hand popped way earlier than with my first :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine didn't show til about 36 weeks. And it's not dark or anything.

imageimage

• I'm 39 weeks with no line and an innie button. It happens.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • I'm 39 weeks with my third and my linea nigra didn't show up until a few weeks ago. It's very faint too. Also this is the first time my belly button has ever popped. And that just happened a week ago and only the top has popped out. I feel HUGE. So huge that I'm convinced my dryer is shrinking my maternity tops because even they are too short now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Lol thanks everybody. I was kinda worried that I was having an abnormal pregnancy because I've not had any of the regular symptoms that I was expecting to experience again. I am glad that linea nigra will be further down the road and not sooner. It was like 25 weeks with my last two.
  • I'm a FTM and 33wks tomorrow and thought that since my linea nigra hadn't shown up yet that it wasn't going to. My belly button also has not popped out yet. Interesting to know that it can happen anytime during pregnancy!
  • Not everyone gets the linea nigra with all pregnancies, no reason to worry about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"