Breastfeeding
Options

Cow's Milk??

I apologize in advance as I am sure this question has been answered a multitude of times.  My LO will be a year on the 24th of October.  She still nurses 4 or 5 times a day. Do we also need to introduce cow's milk in a sippy cup or does she not need it because she is breastfed?  Also, why would I not give her a sippy cup of my frozen breastmilk (I have a freezer full that will still be good)?  I have googled and googled this and haven't been able to find anything on point.  Thanks!!

Re: Cow's Milk??

• Options
    So long as you are breastfeeding and she is eating a pretty balanced diet, you are fine without cow's milk.  We just give LO Vitamin D drops every other day to make sure she is getting enough.  Your milk is the very best for her!
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    If you've got a stash, then go ahead and use it when you're out and about or for introducing a sippy.  As others have said WCM isn't necessary if you're nursing at least 3x a day.  I don't have a stash anymore and work FT, but I'm able to nurse at lunch, so LO only gets WCM on days I can't make it on my lunch break (maybe once every other week) and rarely on the weekend if I'm out and DH has him (I'm over pumping and have no desire to pull that thing out again if I can help it).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This link from Kellymom was very helpful to me as LO turned one: https://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/toddler-foods/

Since he is nursing often, we haven't offered cow's milk. Don't see a need to. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As pp said, you don't need WCM.  And LO will take breastmilk out of sippy cup, that's great.  It is better for them to have a sippy cup than a bottle, particularly after they hit one year.

• Options
    linzeek44 said:
    This link from Kellymom was very helpful to me as LO turned one: https://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/toddler-foods/

Since he is nursing often, we haven't offered cow's milk. Don't see a need to. :)
    THANK YOU for linking this!  i've been trying to hunt down this info for weeks now!
    DSCN9655

in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you
    1 thessalonians 5:18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"