September 2013 Moms
Options

Holy pain (almost 2w pp)

I have been really pretty on the go since dd3 was born. Friday (10d pp) I went to my moms for the morning, then stopped by dh's work so he could show off the baby. I started to feel s little achey in my lower abdomen area, Went home, relaxed etc.

Around midnight, I'd just got done nursing, and dd2 started crying, so I went in to her for a few minutes. Went back to my room and felt a 3-4 big gushes. My bleeding had all but stopped, but now my pad was soaked. (That was the only time it happened, the bleeding has continued, but not very heavy) Saturday morning the cramping was pretty bad, so dh took toddler duty and when they were napping, he took the baby and I layed down. An hour later I was in even worse pain. I tried to walk to the bathroom and had to sit down twice on the short walk, and by the time I got to the bathroom my ears had that rushing sound and my eye sight was starting to fade. I sat down soon enough that I didn't pass out. Made it back to the living room, and was freezing. I could not warm up and the aches and cramps were awful, I didn't have a fever though, my temp was 96.5.

Throughout the day, Tylenol didn't touch the pain, finally got a touch of relief with Advil. Dh wanted to take me to the er, but I didn't want to go in. We had dd3's Baptism Sunday morning and I didn't want to miss it or have to move it. I told him if I was still that sick after church he could take me in, and I'd just sit down in the pastors chair (right by the baptismal fount) if I got woozy during the actual baptism.

I slept from 7-9 Saturday evening, and when I woke up I felt a touch better. I nursed dd, went back to bed. When I heard her cry again at midnight, I nursed her again and felt even better. Each time I woke up during the night I was a little better.

Made it through baptism and lunch and after another nap, felt better again. Now I'm still somewhat crampy but no where near what it was. Seriously, what a weekend.

Yes, I was concerned about infection, especially with the freezing cold thing, but, I googled and didn't have most of the symptoms that go along with infection. In fact, I only had two, and both were things I've had with previous pregnancies.

Oops... That got way longer than I intended. Here's your cookie :)
January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Holy pain (almost 2w pp)

• Options
    That sounds scary. :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If you're not being seen by the OB until 6 weeks I think it's worth a phone call today. Just in case they want to check you sooner.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG something similar just happened to me! At around day 11 I was excited because my bleeding had really lightened up, then all of a sudden it got heavy again! I'm now at day 16 and it's eased a little bit, but I'm still seeing bright red. I had minor cramps and ibuprofen eased those pains. I don't think my activity level increased or anything, I'm not sure why it happened. 
    If yours is bad and your pain isn't easing up, I'd phone your dr just in case. Mine did get better so I'm not too worried. Maybe give it a few days? Trust your instincts.  :)
    Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
    Lilypie - (6yLP)

• Options
    Sounds as though you were over doing it. Heavier bleeding usually happens day after a lot of activity and can be accompanied by more severe cramps, but the almost passing out thing is beyond that coupled with the sight disruption, which is a sign of BP issues and definitely worth a call to the OB. Hope you're feeling better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"