April 2013 Moms
Options

Family Pictures- opinions wanted

We're getting family pictures done. Just want to hear others opinions on what looks nice or what you like: everyone in same exact color, everyone in same color- different shades, everyone in complementary colors or other. Also what are your feelings on printed shirts versus solids? I read some things online saying solids are best others say no way to solids. Our pictures will be taken outdoors if that makes a difference. Thanks for your input! I am having a hard time making up my mind.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Family Pictures- opinions wanted

• Options
    I'd say complimentary colors. The days of white button up shirts, jeans and bare feet are long gone. 
  • Options
    AllyP10 said:

I'd say complimentary colors. The days of white button up shirts, jeans and bare feet are long gone. 

Lol. This made me laugh! :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Debbie0580Debbie0580 member
    edited September 2013
    I picked an outfit for DD (since they are her 6 mos pics primarily). It is a multi-chunky-striped dress. Then I picked colours from it to put on the rest of us. Then she has a couple other outfit changes for photos by herself/just with DS.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Def following! I have no fashion sense & no photographer eye! We are getting family photos soon and I would love some advice!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sorry for the second post but I can't edit in a picture I guess. This is a pic I sent to our photographer to ask her opinion.
  • Options
    danuli8danuli8 member
    edited September 2013
    We had photos done at 4.5 months. I wore a solid royal blue top, DH wore a solid red top, and DS wore a onesie that was light blue and white striped with a little red car on the front. So we were complementary but not totally matchy matchy. The photos came out amazing.
    Edit: Our pics were also done outdoors. I thought since DS had a non-solid outfit on, it would be better if DH and I had simple solid color tops on. My photog also said to not wear a lot of blingy jewelry and use a light hand with the makeup.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    We're taking pictures this week & will be color coordinated. DS is wearing a stripped navy blue & white sweater vest, DH & I will be wearing navy tops.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I'm all about coordinating color schemes but not being too matchy matchy

this is what we are doing for our fall family pics:

and I'm sure H will wear a similar color polo or button up

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not into matchy matchy. I'm not going to try to match, just make sure that we aren't clashing, either with colors or prints. Beyond that, whatever looks good, and DH will dress himself with my approval haha.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    Our first family photo, we all wore blue, but not the exact same shade of blue, but similar.  DS was in a blue plaid overall that made it all work.   Thexmas photo, we were all different, dh was in a suit with a pale green or cream shirt (forget which), DS was in a suit vest with a green shirt and I wore red.  The last picture we just had done, everyone was in something different. Tthe girls were in the same bright multi-colored flowered dresses, I wore a red/orange polo, DH was in light blue, and DS was in a bright blue.  It worked really well, except getting 5 people to look ok all at the same time was truly an adventure.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    I've posted this before and this is the only one we've gotten back so far but we did a grey, navy and coral scheme.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"