New York Babies

Bugaboo strollers?

I live in Brooklyn and I see Bugaboo strollers everywhere. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they worth the ridiculous price? As a NYer i'm sure I'll need a stroller that can take more wear and tear so I can see spending a lot on a stroller if it's actually worth it. Also anyone ever see a way to get them on sale? I know Babies R Us coupons don't work on Bugaboo brands. I have a while before its stroller buying time but I wanted to start the research while I'm laying on the couch with m/s :) 

Re: Bugaboo strollers?

• Babies R Us registry completion coupons as well as BBB will work on the Bugaboo strollers, no exceptions on completion coupons.  Just be aware that BRU does not carry the Cameleon3 online, they had the older model and slowly sold out (though I saw c3 in store, which is weird). 

I liked both the cameleon and bee but in the end did not have the money for it and got the City Mini GT.  Gave me $500-600 extra to spend on other stuff.  I liked that the Mini GT was only 20.9 lbs (Bee is 18.5 but others we looked at were like 24-26!) and has a one handed fold.  The downside being it is not nearly as stylish (though I did find some stores online have shadow/blue not at BBB) and not having a reversible seat.  The Cameleon handles like a dream and the Bee does too, though people have told me that the smaller wheels on the Bee are not nearly as good coming on/off sidewalks, etc.

I guess it comes down to budget.  It IS the best stroller out there.  The question is whether it is really $500-600 better for what you get.  Also, what your budget is and your priorities and if it means having to pinch on other items.

BTW, if you happen to be interested in the All Denim models that were the special edition in 2012, you can get the All Denim Complete (includes top fabric) Cameleon for $899 and  Bee for $599, in store ONLY.  Those were originally $1059 and $699 but did not sell great and they had to make room for that super awesome new Sahara special edition.  Just go to the store and ask about those two on clearance and if they do not have it in stock, they can order from another store.  If you put the full priced one on your registry, you could go to the store and get the completion 10% on top of the clearance, I believe.

• I personally prefer the uppababy stroller I think it's around 700800 because it has a basket on the bottom and the bugaboo does not...at least the ones that I have seen. I definitely think its worth it since we live in the cityi live in queens. Its One of the best purchases I've made! I love my stroller!!
  • Loading the player...
  • We found the Uppababy Vista to be really clunky and cumbersome :(  It is all personal preference but in the end, when I was down to a short list of 5 strollers, the Vista wasn't on there.  It was the BB Cameleon, the Bee, City Mini GT (which we got), the Phil & Teds Dot, and the Bumbleride Indie.  The Indie might have made it a tough choice but was near impossible to find a place to test drive one (some in BK though and Little Folks was getting their order of 2013 in this week).  I did not get to test it though.
  • Thanks so much! I was looking at the Bee potentially buy I'll look into the other ones as well. Very helpful!
  • imagetmccord21:
    Thanks so much! I was looking at the Bee potentially buy I'll look into the other ones as well. Very helpful!

also look into i'coo. it's a great german brand. I recently purchased mine and though still waiting to use it, i'm absolutely in love with it! unlike the bugaboo you dont need to worry about changing seats. the bassinet turns into a seat once baby is older. doesn't hurt to check it out! and it's only $500 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I used the bugaboo bee when I was working as a nanny and loved it. Very easy to maneuver, even with one hand, smooth ride, and it fit in compact spaces. A good stroller is super important in NYC since we have to do so much walking. A bad stroller will put a serious damper on your day, so if you have to room to splurge, I'd say you definitely should!
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • imagetmccord21:

I live in Brooklyn and I see Bugaboo strollers everywhere. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they worth the ridiculous price? As a NYer i'm sure I'll need a stroller that can take more wear and tear so I can see spending a lot on a stroller if it's actually worth it. Also anyone ever see a way to get them on sale? I know Babies R Us coupons don't work on Bugaboo brands. I have a while before its stroller buying time but I wanted to start the research while I'm laying on the couch with m/s :) 

We just got last year's Bugaboo on Albee Baby for $650 with free shipping!

https://www.albeebaby.com/bugaboo-cameleon-plus-dark-grey-base-orange-fabric.html

• imagefmadonia:
    I personally prefer the uppababy stroller I think it's around 700800 because it has a basket on the bottom and the bugaboo does not...at least the ones that I have seen. I definitely think its worth it since we live in the cityi live in queens. Its One of the best purchases I've made! I love my stroller!!

The Bugaboo has a basket too, just not as large as the Uppa. However it closes so you don't need to empty it when you fold the stroller like with the Uppa.

• I also live in Brooklyn and I was debating btw the bugaboo bee and the city mini. We finally got the bee and so far it works very good for us it is very compact and easy to maneuver and the thing that sold me the most is its weight it will be easy on the subway rides.
  • This is so helpful, thanks ladies. I feel like the stroller is the most important baby purchase fir NYC living.
  • I live in Brooklyn and polled a bunch of parents on the street... The city mini was the winner for fitting in narrow store aisles and doorways, and for carrying up lots of stairs. Others had more storage. We're going with the mini. Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the bugaboo bee and I love it. We were debating between the chameleon and bee. pros: It's much more compact than the chameleon and can easily fit in very small spaces like in restaurants etc, it has far fewer steps required to fold than the chameleon. downsides, the basket is smaller, the back wheels are smaller but I generally have no problems with it on the sidewalks and even cobblestone (i live in DUMBO). IMO totally worth the money. 
  • We had the Uppababy for my now 3 year old and have the Bugaboo Bee for my now 1 year old and I love my Bee. It's super light and easy to travel around with.  The ride is smooth and it has a full recline for sleeping baby. It was worth every penny!
  • While we're on this topic, do any of these strollers fold up to store? I have nowhere to store a stroller when we're not using it so the thought of it cluttering up the apartment is kind of stressing me out... 
  • It was my first purchase. They are on sale today www.gilt.com for $680
  • I'm due in just a few weeks and decided to go with the Uppababy Vista. The bugaboo Cameleon was awesome in person but the vista was just a tad bit cheaper. Just picked it up in Jade green last week. Can't wait to use it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"