Baby Names

Yikes! Girl names

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I just saw this picture with some umm, interesting girl name choices. I guess this was part of someone's Facebook pregnancy reveal.
IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

Re: Yikes! Girl names

• It's from the blog, "Mommy's Little Sunshine" (I didn't link it because Blogger shows how people found your site), by Utah mommy blogger/baby boutique owner, McKinli Hatch.

Laikynn (they decided to throw a I in there later) turned one in March or April. Her blog is kind of a GP for me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You know, out of that list, Lakynn is my favorite. The spelling is terrible, but I still prefer it over Taylee, Nayvie, McKarty, Maylee, etc.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • It wasn't part of the pregnancy reveal, it was just the name reveal. You should have seen the whole original list.
  • It wasn't part of the pregnancy reveal, it was just the name reveal. You should have seen the whole original list.

This. I'm pretty sure I saw this same board and handwriting with a longer list, like 8-9 names.  All were pretty horrific. 

There were some doozies, like Camree and Nykee. I actually would think Nike was a pretty cool name if it hadn't been completely taken over by the shoe company. The Greek mythology connection is really cool.
  • Here is "the list".

Taylee

McKarty

Nayvie 

Maylee

Kamree

Nykee

Taislee

Taigley

Tenley

McKamey

McKartnee

Tayvie

• Maylee is my moms dogs name. She has a maylee, Mitzi, amber, Olivia
  • To be honest, I love Laken. I'm glad that's the one they choose but I wish they would have spelled it correctly.
  • To be honest, I love Laken. I'm glad that's the one they choose but I wish they would have spelled it correctly.

I love Laken, too! The weird spelling was so unnecessary.
  • Here is "the list".

Taylee

McKarty

Nayvie 

Maylee

Kamree

Nykee

Taislee

Taigley

Tenley

McKamey

McKartnee

Tayvie

Yeah, even with the atrocious spelling, I think the kid I'd kind of lucky to be Lakynn.  I grew up with multiple girls (now women)  named Laken, so that name isn't as weird to me as it is a lot of other pps.

•  
    NerdyLucy said:
    Yeah, even with the atrocious spelling, I think the kid I'd kind of lucky to be Lakynn.  I grew up with multiple girls (now women)  named Laken, so that name isn't as weird to me as it is a lot of other pps.

I have known a lot of Lakens as well. Every one of them was stunning.
  • Am I the only one who isn't sure how to even pronounce this? Lack-in? LAKE-in? I'm a native NYer forcefully transplanted to the South so I have no idea what a Utah name is.
  • emmy236 said:
    Am I the only one who isn't sure how to even pronounce this? Lack-in? LAKE-in? I'm a native NYer forcefully transplanted to the South so I have no idea what a Utah name is.

It's LAKE-in.

Utah names are notoriously (stereotypically?) different from the rest of the country. They use a lot of names that other parents would deem too cutesy (Paisley is really big there), and seem to like crazy spellings.

I've never been to Utah, but this has been my general impression from the internet.

• This makes me cringe even more than when I saw the name Azhly today while subbing
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • allardr said:
    This makes me cringe even more than when I saw the name Azhly today while subbing
    What? Like Ashley?

• I like Laken too! I probably would have thought to spell in Lakin though because I'm used to seeing it as a last name where I came from.
  • edited October 2013

To be honest, I love Laken. I'm glad that's the one they choose but I wish they would have spelled it correctly.

I too love this name, and I think I like the Laken spelling. To be honest there was another post not too long ago about this name (not sure if its the blogger, probably not) and I commented on that one too.

I think this is our girl name, I just keep coming back to it, and can't find anything else I like as much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I too love this name, and I think I like the Laken spelling. To be honest there was another post not too long ago about this name (not sure if its the blogger, probably not) and I commented on that one too. I think this is our girl name, I just keep coming back to it, and can't find anything else I like as much.

The blogger's daughter is over a year old, and I don't think she's on TB, so it wasn't her.

I've seen the name asked about on here on and off. It always gets mixed reviews; sometimes it's mostly positive, sometimes mostly negative.

I think it's pretty but DH shot it down. I kind of prefer the simplicity and nature-vibe of Lake, but Lake LN sounds like an actual body of water somewhere for most people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"