September 2013 Moms

H back to work :(

H is getting ready to go back to work after having all month off. I don't know why I'm freaking out. It scares me that we just got into a good rhythm and now it is changing since his schedule is all over the place. Tonight he works until 2 in the morning, then has to be back at noon.
We got used to him taking the midnight feeding and the 3 or 4 am feeding, since he is a night person. I would get up at the 7 or 8 am feeding and just stay up while he stayed asleep. It was awesome. I have no idea how it will be now that his schedule is unpredictable. I know I shouldn't be worried about it or complain. Not trying to complain, I just need to talk about it with ladies who are probably feeling the same way.
I am so anxious right now :(

Re: H back to work :(

• My DH just went back this morning, and we were both pretty upset about it! :( So far the day has been okay... LO and I love taking naps together!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is week two with my husband back at work. I really struggled last week but am doing better this week. Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband went back to work today. So far I'm doing ok but haven't been able to get anything done since my baby girl doesn't want to nap for long enough that I can.
  • This is my first real solo day. I can definitely feel where you are coming from.

• I know that feeling.  I was so overwhelmed with anxiety the first day DH went back to work.  But you know what?  It worked out just fine.  And I bet it will for you too!  Hang in there.  Do you have any friends or family that can stop in and give you a nap break some time this week?  I found that having our friends and fam come by during the day helped break up those long stretches while DH was at work. 
    Anniversary

• My boyfriend only had 8 days off, he went back to work on Tuesday and works 10-11 hour days. I was really sad at first but I've just been having lazy couch days with my LO. She's only 2 weeks so I just sleep as much as I can during the day when he's at work and it's been alright so far. My only complaint is that I am too nervous to shower because she doesn't have any routine / patten yet so it's very unpredictable if she'll wake up in 10 minutes or 30. The alone bonding time is nice though :)
  • So glad I'm not the only one. My sister and niece are coming over for a few hours tonight, and I am going to go over my moms one night this week too. I'm gonna try to make plans with a friend this week too. I think it will just help me to transition a little better.
    It's just really weird since we've been together all month with not too much time apart.
  • My DH was only home with us for two days which was hard but it did make it slightly easier in the fact that we didn't really have a routine yet. It was pretty difficult the first week but you can do it. Just take it one day at a time.

• I know how you feel! My DH went back to work this morning after 2 weeks off to help with baby. I'm afraid to leave the house...Things have been going okay but I know not every day will be like this. And I'll eventually have to leave the house alone with the baby. OH boy! Life is hard haha
    Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
    Lilypie - (6yLP)

• My hubby also just went back to work today after just a week off (and a few days here and there when we were still at the hospital). I was dreading it but i had my parents here and will have my mom here for another 3 weeks so i think it just made it a lot better. I was so busy the time just flew and now he just came home and he's cuddling with his daughter :) 
  • My husband is going away for 5 days next week. I am terrified to be alone with my 3 week old and two dogs for that long. Especially with all the breast feeding issues we have had and now the baby is gassy and super fussy. I feel for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • DH took off last week but we ended up being in the hospital the entire time. He went back today, and it was such a crazy day I don't know what it will feel like to just be home by myself with her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
  • My husband is going away for 5 days next week. I am terrified to be alone with my 3 week old and two dogs for that long. Especially with all the breast feeding issues we have had and now the baby is gassy and super fussy. I feel for you.

My husband sometimes has to go out of town for work and right now the idea of him being gone even one night kind of terrifies me right now. I've also been having some supply issues and I really can't do my whole routine very well by myself right now. Even with his help it takes like an hour every time we feed her.
  • Mikuuji said:

My husband is going away for 5 days next week. I am terrified to be alone with my 3 week old and two dogs for that long. Especially with all the breast feeding issues we have had and now the baby is gassy and super fussy. I feel for you.

My husband sometimes has to go out of town for work and right now the idea of him being gone even one night kind of terrifies me right now. I've also been having some supply issues and I really can't do my whole routine very well by myself right now. Even with his help it takes like an hour every time we feed her.
    I am in the exact same boat! It takes about an hour to an hour and a half to get our son fed, changed, and for me to pump. DS also isn't fond of going back to sleep at night. I am sure we will both do well. If not, we will at least survive :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I was so nervous the first day DH went back. That morning when DD cried, I cried. It was rough. As the days and weeks went on, things have gotten easier. I'm on week 4 now since he's gone back and, while we still have our rough patches, overall things are much easier. Good advice I got is to take a few minutes to brush your hair and teeth, get dressed (even if it is just clean sweats), and put on deodorant. Just those few minutes to focus on me each day make me feel more human. Other than that, remember your job right now is just to take care of baby. It'll get easier as time goes on.
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• My DH goes back to work starting Monday night. I am so not ready and I am anxious. DH works 3rds so that leaves me alone at night. I am just hoping my DD goes easy on me. lol.

Anniversary
  • I was pretty nervous when my husband went back to work, but it turned out just fine! We are in a great routine now and I'm dreading myself going back to work because I love being home with her so much.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"