Multiples
Options

My twins are a month old...

...and I'm barely surviving!! :( Don't get me wrong, they are AWESOME and I love them so much, but if I could chose to have one of my babies a little later I would. This is number 5 and 6 for me (one of my children is an almost 2 year old) and I feel like I'm barely making it. I barely get a chance to eat, sleep, clean, spend time with my toddler, etc. I know it will get better. I've heard it gets better once they're 3 months old. It feels like that's years away at this point. I'm surprised I don't see more posts like this one.

I think I'd be handling it better if I had more help. I have the help of my 13 year old daughter when she's home from school and my boyfriend when he gets home after working 2 jobs. I was supposed to have help from the in-laws, but it didn't happen. So it's just me and my three youngest most of the time. This is not easy. Not that I thought it would be... I had 4 other babies with no problem! I've dealt with colic, reflux, etc. and it's not even close to having twins.

Not trying to scare any new moms. I see a lot of MoMs that handle their twins with no problem. I feel like a big baby. Probably just lack of sleep. I haven't napped since they were born.

Anyway, sorry for blabbing. Just needed to vent I guess. :)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: My twins are a month old...

• Options
    Mine are one month on the 29th, so tomorrow or the next day. I have lost all concept of time:) I am lucky enough that for now DH and I are both home. I can't imagine doing it alone, especially with other children. The little things like having someone to hand you a baby make such a difference. Hang in there, soon we won't believe how quickly time has passed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have all been there!! To say you have seen moms handle their twins with no problem - no way! I was composed in public but broke me down in private all the time when my boys were that age! You will get through this! It doesn't seem like there is a light at the end of the tunnel but it's there! Hang in there mama! Hugs!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine were still in the NICU at a month, but this feeling you're having followed shortly after they came home. I will be honest that it did not get better for me until 6-7 months. They both had colic until 4-5 months, slept crappy until 6ish months. It was just rough, but the biggest contributor to things getting better for us was sleeping better. I did it/do it without any help. Not saying that it was easy by any means, but you just learn how to juggle everything. It's OK to walk away for a moment to collect yourself, to sit your toddler in front of the TV to catch a break for yourself, to let your house get a little messy and order take out on those extra rough days. My guys will be a year old in less than a month, and I am still mostly sane on most days! Hang in there, mama. It is soo rewarding once they start interacting and playing with each other. :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    yinyang124yinyang124 member
    edited September 2013
    double post
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Mine are three months, and it for sure has gotten better.  The babies are crying less and interacting more, and that helps SO much.  I don't always feel like it's race to try and get them back to sleep again every second of the day, and they're not nursing 3+ hours each every day anymore either.  My toddler still doesn't get enough attention, my house looks like a bomb went off, and if I don't eat lunch from a drive-thru I usually don't get a chance to eat it at all, but it's better.  

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options

>:D< Big hugs! It is sooo hard at first, and I imagine even more so with other children to take care of! Hang in there, though.....it will get better! Like @yinyang124 said, it might not be at 3 months, but, for me, by 6 1/2 months there was a definite change for the better. Now they are so much fun (getting into everything in the house, but it's a different, more fun, kind of crazy). Come here for support as often as you need to.....we can all relate!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"