Infertility

Advice on IVF prep

happygirl1013happygirl1013 member
edited September 2013 in Infertility
Hi ladies- I've been waiting for almost a year to start IVF, and now that we're armed with DH's sperm and starting IVF w/ ICSI, I want to do everything possible on my side to make this a successful cycle.  Here's what I'm doing, if you have anything else to add, please provide your insights here:

- Working from home 2-3 days a week to reduce job stress
- Starting weekly fertility acupuncture and fertility massages
- Working out 4x a week
- Sleeping 8-9 hours each night
- Taking prenatal vitamin w/ 800 mcg folic acid
- Cutting down to 4 diet cokes a week

Am I missing something?  Do you change anything during stimming or the 2WW?  Thanks ladies, XOXO

IVF #1 Oct 2013- cancelled 
IVF #2 Mar 2014- success.... baby girl born 11/28/14
FET #1 Mar 2016- baby boy due 12/16/16

Re: Advice on IVF prep

• Sounds like a good plan to me :) Good luck with it! If you haven't already, maybe you might want to consider your caffeine and alcohol intake. Also, my RE recommends a PNV with DHA.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Sounds like a good plan.  I also agree with looking at decreasing caffeine even more.  My RE wants no caffeine when cycling.
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Great to know- saying goodbye to Diet Coke this week.  This will be hard, but very worth it!  Thanks ladies!  Also, I don't drink at all regularly, so no worries on that front.

@Runcc37, what is a PNV w/ DHA?

• I have been taking coq10 and also thinking about takin royal jelly or wheatgrass. Dont know if it will work or not but I thought it might help with my egg quality
  • @boyanki, I'm not really sure what the DHA is for, but it kinda looks like a fish oil supplement. I've been taking the Women's One-a-Day prenatals, and my RE is happy with that. According to the supplement facts on the bottle, the liquid gel has Omega-3 Fatty Acids, DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid). There's another pill that goes with it that has everything else, Folic Acid, vitamins, etc.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Wow you're doing a lot more than I did :-)  I would agree that just add no alcohol and caffeine to that, plus a PNV w/folic acid and you're good!  I've been told that the folic acid is the most important thing, and as long as you're taking a PNV it'll have the right amount, and you should take it for a month or more before becoming pregnant. 

As for stimming and TWW my clinic treats you as if you're pregnant during these times, and advises that you do the same to yourself, as well.  This includes eliminating certain foods from your diet - I stopped eating lunch meats, rare steak, runny eggs, bacon/hot dogs, etc. 

Good luck!!  And just so you know, IMO the whole IVF really isn't as scary as it sounds and seems.  It sounds like you have a good start!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Hi @boyankl ~ Your list looks great. Maybe think about getting a flu shot soon if you haven't yet. Also, once you start stims there are certain medications that you can't take, such as Advil/Ibuprofen. You can take Tylenol, which is also safe to take in pregnancy.

Baby girl born 6/2/14
    2nd baby due 5/15/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies.  I need to keep it consistent with the prenatal vitamin (I've been on them for 2 years, but need to be diligent!) and I got my flu shot a month ago, so I guess I"m set.  Thanks for all your opinions.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"