Baby Showers
Options

1 family, 4 pregnant women, 9 other kids and a shower that is REALLY FAR AWAY.

My husbands family is like a baby making machine. There are a ton of cousins that are always pregnant at the same time and this time there are 4 of us due just about the same time. The first cousin ( Y) who is having her first child is due in the beginning of November. Her SIL(with Ys sisters helping) is doing her shower and the shower was originally set to be at a hall close by so that it would be convenient for everyone. The hours are 4 to 8:30pm. A week and a half out from the shower and the SIL changes the event location to a place 3 hours away and no kids(without running it by the sisters) !  I'm not the only one in the family that feels that the SIL has made a huge error in judgment and some of the family have taken back their RSVPs. I have had to refuse the invitation as well. I feel terrible for Y! I know it wouldn't be impossible to give her a small shower with everyone that couldn't attend this shower but we aren't prepared for this and we're running out of time. I'm looking for ideas and peoples take on this. Should we make the effort to all find childcare and drive the distance or should we try to throw together something small without it being tacky. Or send our gifts with the few people from our side that is going.

Re: 1 family, 4 pregnant women, 9 other kids and a shower that is REALLY FAR AWAY.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"