Blended Families
Options

NBR: Halloween

Halloween. Scary or cute? My kids are the most sensitive kids ever but they want to do our house scary. After going to the local Halloween store I realized there is a line when scary is too scary and my neighbors could hate me for scaring their kids. So I bought one headstone, one skull, one jumping spider, a keep out sign and want to get scary doorbell music. I am worried the jumping spider will be too scary for little kids even though my youngest is 4. Discuss!
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: NBR: Halloween

• Options
    For now ours is bare minimum. No one comes to our house for trick or treating because we live off the road so I don't decorate outside. I do a little inside.

When we move, we'll decorate outside more and then I'll let the kids decide at the store.

I agree, I think you'll be fine with what you have. It's "scary" but not in a grotesque or haunted mansion fashion.
  • Options
    We have a skull, some skeletons hanging buy the front door, and ugly witch hanging from a tree, some light up spider webs on the lattice wood in the flower bed, and on Halloween night we turn on the fog machine and a little strobe light for effect.  It's not scary but and I don't think what you have would be considered scary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sticking to cute. We have skeleton garland in the window, a glittery skull, and a candy corn ornament up now.   I do a bunch of pumpkins (and sometimes go a bit overboard) the night before the trick or treat.  That's about as far as I plan to go.

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Options
    Man. I can barely keep up with making sure dinner is on the table and everyone knows who is picking up from school each day. I suck big time at doing fun stuff like holiday decoration. I need to be more organized :(
  • Options

Man. I can barely keep up with making sure dinner is on the table and everyone knows who is picking up from school each day. I suck big time at doing fun stuff like holiday decoration. I need to be more organized :(

Me, too.
  • Options
    We did cute just pumpkins and autumnal stuff for the front yard.

My SS picked out a psycho clown Halloween costume which I am NOT excited about though. I told him if he picks this costume he cannot go to his school for dress up day in it. He said that's fine. :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"