November 2011 Moms

Guess what's happening in my house....

Yep. Potty training. DS is almost 23 months and I am in shock that it's actually working! He is in underwear full time now. Diapers for 2 babies is just getting ridiculous so I thought why not give it a try? I used the book "Toilet Training in Less Than a Day" and it really works! Today is day 3 and we haven't had an accident since yesterday morning. He's stayed dry during his naps but we still use diapers at night. By the way, I think he looks completely adorable in his tiny little underwear lol!!
Anyone else potty training? How's it going?image
     Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013

Re: Guess what's happening in my house....

• Jealous.  DS1 is no where near ready for potty training and I agree with you that 2 in diapers is expensive.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • smwiggle said:

Jealous.  DS1 is no where near ready for potty training and I agree with you that 2 in diapers is expensive.  

Smwiggle, I thought the same thing about my DS. But as usual, he proves me wrong!

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • That is awesome! He is so cute in that photo! My son is starting to ask to sit on the toilet ad yesterday he peed in the toilet for the first time. He got scared after the pee started to go in the toilet. I'm going to let him take the lead, but if he starts to go more in the toilet we will get more involved in our approach. It will be awesome once he is potty trained though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my that is the cutest picture! How awesome. I want to try the 3 day method for sure. I'm glad it's working for you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A big CONGRATS to you guys!! We aren't potty training yet, but I think it won't be too long before we try. He's telling me when he has a dirty diaper. I have a question for those training boys, or whom may have already trained boys. Which do you prefer: a potty chair or a potty seat insert? Is one easier than the other? With my DD we did both in the beginning. Thanks!

• DD asks to use the potty and will go, but I am not ready to potty train her yet.  She is a bit of a wild child and though she clearly knows when she has to go, she also likes to pull off her diaper and pee on the floor whenever she can manage it.  I just can't deal with that kind of mess with a new baby on the way.  I will probably wait until 2 1/2 like I did with DS.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • @RedCamaro, I didn't use either with DS because he initiated the potty use on his own and was perfectly comfortable not using anything.  I think DD might need something though because she will let go of the toilet and start to fall in then catch herself (or I catch her before disaster strikes).

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • RedCamaro said:

A big CONGRATS to you guys!! We aren't potty training yet, but I think it won't be too long before we try. He's telling me when he has a dirty diaper. I have a question for those training boys, or whom may have already trained boys. Which do you prefer: a potty chair or a potty seat insert? Is one easier than the other? With my DD we did both in the beginning. Thanks!

We used a potty chair because I wanted to be able to bring it into whatever room we were in so he could make it to the potty quickly.

• Congrats!  We are not even close to PT DD2 yet and I have a feeling she won't be as easy as DD1!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Congrats!!! Ours has been showing signs for a few months of being quasi-ready- he will go into one particular corner with a diaper on, and he lately seems to think the bathtub is the place to go (yikes), but this summer was so crazy I didn't want to start the process. This gives me hope maybe it won't be so bad! Thanks for the post!  I have no idea where to start, will need to start researching.
  • That's exciting!  V has been showing some of the markers for a month or so now.  I was hoping to attempt sometime soon, and have it well underway by the time Little sister E arrives in January.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

imageimage
  • It was super easy ladies! He is "officially" potty trained now! Underwear all day except for night time. We even traveled on a plane last week and he wore underwear!

• We've started with DD but so far she just takes her pants down, sits for a minute or so, wipes and flushes without actually peeing.
  • We tried and failed. :( DD was showing all the signs she was ready and asking to use the potty all time and talking about it all the time. So this past weekend we tried the three day potty training method and failed. She would say she had to go sit on the potty and then get up before she actually went and pee on the floor a few minutes later. After three days she still didn't really get it so we gave up and it figure I'll try again after a few months. She is still so young I don't see a reason to push her.
    But congrats on your success with your son! He is a cutie in his undies and I'm jealous of your no diapers now :)

imageimage
  • Us too pretty much! Ours was showing all the "signs" he was ready and although we tried 3 day method but it didn't really seem to be working.  On the third day he had a VERY messy accident and my husband and I haven't had the nerve to try again the past few days LOL. 

MC03 said:
    We tried and failed. :( DD was showing all the signs she was ready and asking to use the potty all time and talking about it all the time. So this past weekend we tried the three day potty training method and failed. She would say she had to go sit on the potty and then get up before she actually went and pee on the floor a few minutes later. After three days she still didn't really get it so we gave up and it figure I'll try again after a few months. She is still so young I don't see a reason to push her. But congrats on your success with your son! He is a cutie in his undies and I'm jealous of your no diapers now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"