October 2013 Moms

Mortifying

I was walking around the mall yesterday with DH and my mom and we wandered into Brookstone to browse around.  The sales clerk saw my belly and exclaimed, "Wow, you are huge!  Is that twins in there or just one really big baby?"  I said "No, it's just one baby" and his response was "Do you have any idea of the weight on that thing!?"  Yep, I am ready to not be pregnant anytime.  Hear that, baby?  I was totally mortified. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
photo fallinginlove_zps8333e154.jpgimageimage

Re: Mortifying

• Definite douche canoe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Who says shit like that? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Filterless jerk! Why do people feel the need to say anything?
  • That is ridiculous and annoying.  But do you want to trade for one day?  I am constantly getting comments about how SMALL my belly is, even though my OB keeps telling me it's right on track.  I am always being told I only look "6-7 months pregnant."  It's equally as frustrating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • I think people would stop saying that stupid shit if all us pregnant ladies united and did what we REALLY wanted to when those vile comments came spewing out of strangers mouthes.

Ladies, it's time we start punching them in the f$$#! faces
    *starOfd00m*

TTC #1 Jan 2013, BFP 1/31/13, EDD 10-12-13
    GD Dx @ 25 weeks, diet managed
    Baby Boy arrived one week early on 10-5-13

• That is ridiculous and annoying.  But do you want to trade for one day?  I am constantly getting comments about how SMALL my belly is, even though my OB keeps telling me it's right on track.  I am always being told I only look "6-7 months pregnant."  It's equally as frustrating.

Same here, one of the girls I work with is 3weeks behind me and looks further along then I do... Everyone tells her how big she is... Feel sorry for her. On the other hand I'm glad I didn't get too big.. People always have something to say! Hang in there....
  • I think I would have responded by asking if he has any idea how rude it is to make comments about a stranger's size. You shouldn't be mortified. He should. 
  • I cannot fathom speaking to a stranger or even someone I know like this. I'm super blunt, but that's straight up rude!
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I have been lucky enough to be around really nice people that think before they speak for the most part.  I don't see how some of you hold your tongues.  I definitely would be more than snarky to these ass hats. 

• I'd have complained, but I'm in a bitchy mood. Sorry you had to deal with that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ~*~
    Plumpynut loving on Baby Brother E
    ~*~
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers <3 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Asshole!
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• People are dicks. 

side note: Love your Ewok dog pic! <3
    Same here, one of the girls I work with is 3weeks behind me and looks further along then I do... Everyone tells her how big she is... Feel sorry for her. On the other hand I'm glad I didn't get too big.. People always have something to say! Hang in there....
    My friend is about 10 weeks behind me, but she's having a boy.  I'm having a girl and she's measuring in the 55%.... Her belly is about as big as mine....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• What an ass!
  • That is rude! Every time I go somewhere I get multiple comments that I look like I am going to pop and it is pretty annoying.

• I love the idea of uniting! This entire pregnancy has brought me in contact with all of the rudest people to exist on this planet. 

And then today I was hanging with a friend and she made a comment about how good I look 3 days before my dd, because  her SIL had PUPPS, feet swelled to the point where she had to wear her husbands' shoes, gained 100 pds and was basically a sweaty waddling mess a month before her dd.

People take their own points of reference and standardize them to what every pregnant woman is supposed to look like. ick.

• I do not understand why people think because you are pregnant that they can make asshat comments. Why do they think it's ok?!
  • Well he sounds like a piece of work. Sorry you had to run into that jerk. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Douche nugget!!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"